Best Lip Balm

Street_a_Licious

Reaction score
I'm using Clarin's Lip Balm. Its pretty good, softens and heals my lips, smells decent, but it tastes like ****!
So, I'd like to know which Balm you are thinking is good. It should be healing, softening, tasting good and not too expensive (everything under ?20 Euros)
Any good ides?

Prada Shielding Balm SPF15
Comes in 'monodoses' in a box of 30, each monodose lasts me about 3 weeks. Very moisturizing and smells like honey. Contains SPF15 with both UVA UVB protection

Neutrogena Lip Moisturizer SPF15
Very ugly packaging but this moisturizes very very well for dry lips and also provides adequate UVA UVB protection. fragrance free

Man, that Prada thing won't be in my price range, is it?
I have the neurogena, but it didn't really help, after some time, my lips got dry again.
Oh, and I had the Kiehl's one too. Not Bad, but not available in austria.

I think the Prada balms are quite reasonably priced. $US60 for a box of 30, making them $2 each.

If you want to try Kiehls but can't purchase in Austria, try ebay (you won't like the smell/taste though)

I've always used the lip balm by The Body Shop (and always come back to these).
I only use these two flavors, though --- mandarin and passionfruit.

I also recommend Neutrogena Lip Moisturizer even though I hate its ugly look :lol:

I use Caswell-Massey lip balm. It works beautifully and doesn't have any real smell or taste. It's 2.50/tube at smallflower.com; just search "caswell-massey lip" and you'll find it.

tealady
you beat me to it :smile:
Carmex was the only stuff that saved my lips when I was on Accutane

Originally posted by MissPurple@Feb 20th, 2004 - 8:45 pm
I've always used the lip balm by The Body shop (and always come back to these).
I only use these two flavors, though --- mandarin and passionfruit.

I also recommend Neutrogena Lip Moisturizer even though I hate its ugly look :lol:
Wow... :shock: I bought those (um...body shop lipgloss and exact flavor) for my sister's birthday present :woot:
hehehe... :P
they smell quite nice, and that's y i bought it for my sister
but i tried them (secretly), they are a bit plastic-ky

anyway, vaseline always work on me! :P
But um... U wanted something more expensive, right?
um...
I also love :heart: that MAC clear lip stick! It smells like Emu Oil and everytime i use it I feel like i'm in the safari! :wink:

i use this stuff from the body shop its called lip butter and its flaverd chocolate nut or summit its real good and tastes good to lol

I've always used the lip balm by The Body Shop too but I used the Talgo products, natural it is produces in algae, amazing, I'm addict ! :flower:

You can get Caudalie lip balm.

It´s rated as one of the best!

Sorry to say, but i think that the body shop lip balms (only the flavoured ones), are only for lips that are already in good condition, otherwise they´re not enough moisturizing.

ETA: Caudalie in sold in pharmacies and the lip balm is about 6€

Eyeko's fat balm.

Sheer colors, smells yummy, cute packaging, soft lips. :flower:

I make my own. I searched high and low and gave up hope.

3.5 oz Almond Oil
1.5 oz Wheat Germ Oil
2 tbsp Coconut Oil
4 tbsp Melted Beeswax
6 drops Peppermint Essential Oil

This makes 6-7 oz

You put everything into a pyrex measuring cup and set this in a pan of hot water. Simmer the water gently and stir until everything is melty and smooth. Pour it into a little tub.

Easy peasy.

aquaphor is really good. its just vasaline in a tube, but is amazing on lips. doesnt taste like anything or have a color tho.

and mac has lipbalm stuff in a pot, that is really good, im not sure of the name though

Originally posted by tortoisie@Feb 27th, 2004 - 10:43 pm
wow enrichi :flower:
u r amazing!
Hah! Thanks, but my mom is a perfumer... she tinkers around CONSTANTLY and I picked up a lot of stuff from her.

the prada stuff is good because you can stick it in a pocket- :wink:

i can't believe no one said smith's rosebud salve!!! available at Ricky's for $5...every make-up artists stand-by and featured in at least one magazine almost every month! :P comes ina sweet vintage looking tin and smells slightly of roses...

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
user91036
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->