Best Lip Balm

I like Nuxe Reve de Miel Lip Balm, it's matte and lasts long. My friend brought it from Paris this month :smile: I've searched through makeapalley.com to find out the best and chose this to buy :smile: It doesn't disappoint me.

tiamaria said:
Carmex or sephora lip cream as its called.

also i wouldnt use lip balm to much as its actually bad for your lips as they become addicted to it and unable to moisturise them selves, lip balm actually dries your lips out.

This isn't entirely true...using a ton of lip gloss/balm isn't going to hurt your lips in the long run anymore than using too much moisturizer on any other part of your skin. Your lips may go through a sort of "withdrawal" lol, but if your lips are naturally pretty good about hydrating themselves..these effects will only be very short term. :wink:

Em

Hey guys, here is my rec. for best lip balm. It's called AVEDA LIP SAVER with spf 15. It's about $7 (US). It's one of my favorite products I use. I put it on at night before I sleep and in the morning under my lipstick-it's just awesome. Compared to $$$ brands it works just as well.

I might get blown away for saying this, but try to avoid brands like carmex or any other that contain an ingredient called camphor, if you are looking for long lasting benefits. Brands with camphor make your lips feel tingly and cool-but that is actually drying them out like someone posted before---and you end up applying more...it's a vicious dry lip cycle.

here is a link to aveda' website: www.aveda.com

*they are based out of minneapolis (where i live) and they are an excellent company

here is an epa link about camphor: http://www.epa.gov/grtlakes/seahome/housewaste/house/camphor.htm

hope this helps, if anyone tries it, let me know what you think!!

:heart:

Mary Kay Satin Lips is hands down the best!! gives you silky smooth, kissable lipsss...:heart:

i like keihls lip balm #1 ( i think.....) it comes in a little jar. but it can get a little greasy.
lancome vinefit levres , is good too.
plus just the cheap 'herbal' blistex works also

i've tried tons of lip balms, but the best one for me is the la mer one. love it!

i don't dig pot lipbalms
er... that's the packaging... not 'erb

for rather inexpensive lipbalms in a tube
gotta give it up to Burt's Bees...
i've never liked peppermint... but this stuff is good and not overwhelming
keeps me lips in good shape for a long time.

can't stand: chapstick, lipsyl
rather like labello (tropical shake) in summer.... need more power in my lipbalm in winter.

i have tons of juicy tubes but i use lip conditioner when they are really dry...

Shea Butter Lip Rescue from Desert Essence is my absolute favourite. Feels like liquid silk going on your lips and the smell is fantastic. My fiance loves burt's bees though, he can't get enough of it.

L'occitane one, made from shea butter, in a little twisty up stick is lovely. I think it cost me about 10euros.

I love Weleda "Everon" lipbalm. It smells sooo good - like rose/vanilla/beeswax. and since I've been using it (for the past 2+ years) my lips NEVER get chapped. Also you might try Weleda skin food on your face..your lips will love it too. Its all natural, good stuff. that's my 2 cents.^_^

is
is

Last edited by a moderator:
If your lips are in good condition I would just pick any pretty yummy gloss or balm. But if you want to know the best for healing?
aquaphorheader.jpg
It is the only thing that saved me while i was on accutane and my lips were peeling like it was their goddamn job. This is good for rough patches anywhere on your body (like feet, elbows) and blows vaseline out of the water. I usually fill up empty lip balm pots with it and carry it in my purse. Then once your lips are soft, any product will look good. ^_^

ETA: This was recommended to me both both my physician and my dermatologist so I'm not kidding. It works! :flower:

Last edited by a moderator:
Burts bees allll the way. It's minty flavor gives a tingle of lip venom without the burn.
It's about $2.50... and if they ever stop making it im sure my lips will shrivel up in protest.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sl4vicd0ll
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->