Best Of New York Fall 2004

Scott

Stitch:the Hand
Reaction score
Going through all the collections again and I must say New York had its strongest season in a long,long,long time.

My picks:

1.(no surprises)Tess Giberson
2. Cloak
3. Visible Panty Lines
4. Patrik Rzepski
5. Libertine(I'm giving the benefit of the doubt)

Hmm, I don't have top 5 :shock:

I liked cloak and libertine.

I'm going to go research Tess Giberson, since you mentioned him (her?) a few times.

So far: B)

1. Michael Kors
2. Oscar De La Renta
3. Behnaz Sarafpour
4. Narciso Rodriguez
5. Marc Jacobs

I can't wait to see Paris & Milan Fashion Week :woot: :heart:

i dont have a real top five but i agree,
NYFW is in a good direction, much better than expected,
thanks to:
*Ralf Rucci
*Tess Giberson
*Libertine
* erhhh ...Mark Jacobs (for what it is) :ninja:

also liked some Malandrino, some Luella,
some DKNY and the new direction of erhh ...IOC :ninja:
i liked some from VPL but only as intimate brand

very dissapointed by AsFour :cry:
still need to see my beloved Geoffrey Beene
& also Norma Kamali

1. As Four :heart: :heart: :heart:
2.Tess Giberson
3.Libertine

I doutn really have five btu i guess VPL and Cloak as well

I don't have a top 5. But I did like Cloak and VPL. :woot: I also liked some Rucci and Libertine. And a very few pieces at dissapointing Narciso. :ermm: Not totally my style but Matthew Williamson delivered a good collection (complete coverage at vogue.co.uk)

I, too, was dissapointed by As Four. :doh: There were a lot of bad collections in NY this season (Calvin Klein, Behnaz Sarafpour, Oscar de la Renta, Marc by Marc Jacons, Michael Kors.. )

Originally posted by ignitioned32@Feb 14th, 2004 - 8:17 am
There were a lot of bad collections in NY this season (Calvin Klein, Behnaz Sarafpour, Oscar de la Renta, Marc by Marc Jacons, Michael Kors.. )
i agree with igni

This may sound like a total contradiction to what I've been saying about NY but this season,I think it was all about the indie designers. For once. They showed the most strength. Maybe the tide is turning in NY? :innocent:

Also,I think one expects bad collections in NY and there were certainly plenty of those as well. Still very strong for NY this season. B)

i absolutely can feel a new 'mood' in NYFW scott

of course it is not coming -and was never expected to come- from the CK, Oscar, or Kors camps :wink:

And I'm happy about that :P

Its about time they focused a bit more on the unnoticed rather than the biggies because you see what happens, they produce the strongest work of anyone.

i'm doing top ten,

1. Libertine-omg, how much did i love this collection...right from preppy school girl to marajuana like leaf prints...one look, an overflowing tule skirt with a jacket on top. just delightfully gorgeous.

2. Behnaz Sarafpour-50's may have been over and done with a few seasons ago, but this throw all the others out the window...the opening look was amazingly pulled of by julia...from head to toe, perfection...the rest of the collection was much the same. the butterfly incorperated evening looks was amazing as was one of the brown silk gowns...halter neck up top hugging the body to legs...i thought i was over that but obviously not when it looks this good.

3. Marc Jacobs-can this guy go wrong, this is almost the new york luxuary brand now...and with marc's esay progression from his last collection. the hair was perfect and defined the era...the 40's...the caridgans and sweet colours continued from last collection but they were still very modern and hip.

4. Donna Karan-it's hard not to fall for anniversary collections, donna's was no different...celebrating her 20 years in the business in style.

5. Tulah-hip enough for the streets, glamourous enough for the night a beautiful mix. delightful.

6. Badgley Mischka-hot red lips set the tone, blue jeweled colors continued. very unique and very up to date at the same time.

7. Narciso Rodriguez-was it disappointing...not really, but as narciso begins to settle into a rythem with his collections he still remains free. necklines and shoulders were gorgeous. the evening wear was delightful.

8. Proenza Schouler-continuing to elaborate on their signature, this was another collection which slowed down and settled. beautiful shapes.

9. Zac Posen- these designers are replacing the veterans...zac is no different...it jus helps that his friends with everyone.

10. Marc by Marc Jacobs-always class and modern. very hip for a younger generation. cool.

left out just...Carolina Herrera-just because i'm a teenager and would prefer to buy marc's secondary line.

and a few trends i loved...
the different takes on th colour green...focus on shoulders...beautiful necklines...embroided animals(donna karen-eagle and behnaz sarafpour-butterfly)

I hope I speak for the conservative in us all --

The Top Five --

1. Luca Luca for bringing a classy sex appeal back into New York fashion.

2. Zac Posen for turning out a collection that could have easily held its own in Paris or Milan (this in only his fifth season)

3. Bill Blass for not trying to dress every woman, every where, but just making clothes for that special Blass client, and not apologizing for it.

4. Derek Lam because his collection outshined Kors (his former boss) while establishing (at least for me) a very strong, confident look that will make him a player in years to come

5. Libertine because there were too few shows that captured what New York funkiness was about but you could incorporate any piece from that collection and turn a drab outfit into a recklessly hip one.

My worst five were Pierrot, Marc Jacobs, Ralph Lauren (too bland even for him), Vera Wang, and IOC.

I honestly think this is one of the worst seasons New York has shown in the past 5 years. Everything was sooooooo bad. Donna, Marc, Calvin, Ralph, Pierrot, DVF, Proenza, Imitation of Christ, As Four...the list goes on. They all SUCKED. Big time. New York is always a depressing depot on the international fashion train during fashion month, but this time, I felt we reached new levels of atrocious.

Shows I actually liked:

1. Libertine
2. Zac Posen
3. Patrik Rzepski
4. Narciso
5. um...?

I liked Tess Giberson the most! Marc Jacobs, Narciso Rodriguez, and Libertine next. And humm. Ralph Lauren, for the beautiful tan and brown that I would love to wear!! I liked also Luella and Derek Lam :smile:

1. Narciso Rodriguez
2. CK
3. Marc Jacobs

I wait the shows in Paris ... :wink:

01. Chado Ralph Rucci
02. Matthew Willamson
03. Monique Lhullier
04. Luella
05. Roland Mouret
06. Jill Stuart
07. Marc Jacobs
08. Oscar de la Renta
09. Y & Kei
10. Vera Wang

I liked plenty of shows. Fave newcomer: Venexiana.

Libertine :heart:
Narciso Rodriguez
Badgley Mischka
Cloak
Roland Mouret

I also really liked behnaz sarafpour and bits and peices of other collections like Marc Jacobs

I was kind of dissapointed with As Four, even though I usually love their designs

Cloak was definately one of my new favourites- their clothing was fantastic! :woot: And to think I'd never even heard of them before I visited this site... :rolleyes:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peytontung
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->