Best Of The Season

Reaction score
What shows really struck a chord with you? Which pieces did you like the best? Which bags are you dying to get on a waitlist for?

My favorite shows (in no particular order:(

Dries van Noten--He took the 20's/50's lavish luxury into a whole new direction. Beautiful jewel tones, layered fabrics, with just a touch of the Far East--but never in an obvious, heavy way (see: YSL Rive Gauche).

Balenciaga--I didn't think this would be a favorite of mine until I saw how lacking the rest of Parisian fashion week was. Moppy furs on a jacket interpreted the parka trend in a new way while the wedge boots and sliced-up coatdresses were something totally new. Like it or not, Nicolas is still a driving force in fashion and this show proved that he has no shortage of ideas.

Prada--Miuccia is a master and this collection showed us once again that she will always be ahead of the pack. While everyone is still trying to catch up to the trends inspired by her spring collection, she took those same ideas and elevated them with a futuristic edge. The soft furs and jeweled bags are so beautiful you might just cry.

Junya Watanabe--Junya, like Nicolas and Miuccia, took the romantic trend into a futuristic direction. No one wants to look like they're wearing a costume and Junya took sweet clothes to the streets for a clever mix.

John Galliano--After the Dior crapfest, I thought this would be equally disgusting. Much to my surprise, John took us on his typical world tour and delivered beautiful clothes while exploring ideas of volume and print. Unlike Dior, there were stunning creations lying beneath the lacquered, crinolined surface. This show had that "We are the world" sentimentality much like his beloved spring 2003 collection. So perfect for now.

Honorable mentions: Givenchy, Undercover, Vuitton, Helmut Lang, Chloe, Alexander McQueen, Lanvin, Comme des Garcons, Rochas, Raf Simons (men)

Sadly lacking: Fendi, Chanel, Viktor & Rolf, Versace, Gucci, YSL

Should be banished to hell: Dior, DSquared

Top Collections, AW 04

1. Viktor & Rolf
2. J. Mendel
3. Alberta Ferretti
4. Roland Mouret
5. Burberry

Honorable Mention:
1. Celine
2. Lanvin
3. Monique Lhullier

1. Missoni
2. Versace
3. Versus
4. Roberto Cavalli
5. Valentino

:heart:

Lanvin
Viktor and Rolf
Alexander McQueen
Commes des Garcons
Dice Kayek :heart:

very hard question.. i'll cheat and answer by fashion capital :ninja:

so for Paris f.w 04.05
*Lanvin
*Dries Van Notten
*Martin Grant
*AF Vandevorst
*Celine/Andrew GN /Louis Vuitton

(havent seen Cacharel yet ... :innocent: )

banish to 'hell' :lol: list
*Dior
*Balenciaga
*Lagerfeld
*Chanel
*Berhard Willhelm & Tim Van Steenbergen

Alexander McQueen--It seems to get better every time you look at it; the glow in the dark flash pulse necks on the girls was otherwordly but calm enough to be frightening to the core. Talk about girl power...The future of fashion gets comfortable...

Prada--Technical wizardry and a love for modern things through traditional eyes made for another stellar collection.

JPG for Hermes--Great use of colour and a wonderful way to breathe in fresh air to what has essentially become a brand for overpriced handbags.

Boudicca--Wonderful use of materials in a way that was avant garde and a bit freaky at the same time. Really great outerwear pieces from a brand that I hope never makes it big--they just might lose their touch.

T. Ford for Gucci--I gasped at the electric blue stunner that came peeling down the catwalk, glamour to the nines...fashion just wont be the same without his smirk, his sex appeal, and his ever strong self confidence that turned a dying brand into something lasting.

1. Alexander McQueen
2. Lanvin
3. Jil Sander
4. Hussein Chalayan
5. Marni

Alberta Ferretti :heart: :heart: :heart:
this collection is just so "me", something I usually love/wear :blush:

Prada

McQueen

Ungaro

Valentino

(and, I admit that I oddly like the Stella McCartney collection :blush: I know how the clothes are completely not original and how they look like the mix of what other designers have done, but I simply adore the pieces themselves, regardless what collection this is. and I think the color combinations there are just great :flower: )

sorry but I have to post some pieces that I crazily love :P :blush: :flower:

Alberta Ferretti
00160f.jpg
00100f.jpg

Ungaro
00010f.jpg
00180f.jpg

Top 5:

1. Tess Giberson
2. Ann-Sofie Back
3. Lutz
4. Cosmic Wonder
5. Bruno Pieters

Honourable mentions: Jessica Ogden,Camilla Staerk,A.F. Vandevorst,Veronique Branquinho,Patrik Rzepski,Alexander McQueen,Martin Grant,Ann Demeulemeester,CLOAK,Haider Ackermann,Alexandre Herchovitch & Y's.

So-So: Dries Van Noten,Antoni & Alison,Viktor & Rolf,Hussein Chalayan,Gaspard Yurkievich,Eley Kishimoto & Blaak.

Real HUGE Disappointments: Tim Van Steenbergen,Bernhard Willhelm,Boudicca & Preen

Ones I haven't seen yet or want to see more of: Martin Margiela,Christian Wijnants,Wendy & Jim,Fabrics Interseason,Marc Le Bihan & BLESS.

Top Five

:heart: Gucci: Absolutly gorgeous farewell from Mr. Ford. I loved the colors, the details and the beautiful white finale dresses.

:heart: Ysl:So strong, so femenine, so bold. I loved the patterns, the colors and especially the evening dresses.

:heart: Galliano:Love the abiguous ethnic references and the return of the newsprint. Great save after the Dior disaster.

other then those, I can't say I really loved any other shows, mabye I can think of two more.

great choices scott
always true to your style at least we agree on the dissapointments :wink:

good choices Pradaromance,
i would need weeks to get down on specifuc pieces (too slow to choose)

btw, i still havent seen neither PRADA nor MIU MIU :cry:

Originally posted by Lena@Mar 8th, 2004 - 3:38 pm
great choices scott
always true to your style at least we agree on the dissapointments :wink:
I'd give the reasons but its so tiring just naming all of these people :lol:

And thank you as do you. I had a look at Tim this morning and wasn't taken by it at all :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulpaul
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->