Best Of The Season

I know, they're gorgeous! I still don't know which of the two I like better. And suprisingly, the antlers work well with them.

Originally posted by Spike413@Mar 20th, 2004 - 8:38 am
I know, they're gorgeous! I still don't know which of the two I like better. And suprisingly, the antlers work well with them.
they have a classical greek goddess/ wood nymph feel to them especially with the antlers.

Originally posted by Mutterlein+Mar 20th, 2004 - 12:53 pm--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mutterlein @ Mar 20th, 2004 - 12:53 pm)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-Spike413@Mar 20th, 2004 - 8:38 am
they have a classical greek goddess/ wood nymph feel to them especially with the antlers. [/b][/quote]
Yes, especially the white/ice blue one. If Greek and Roman emperoresses looked like that (substitute the antlers with olive branches) The empire would never have fallen! The whole collection, but mainly the evening dresses, made me think of a cross between "Bambi" and "Fantasia" which is like u said, greek goddesses/wood nymphs......I just loved it!

For me, its definitely got to be Miuccia Prada's Miu Miu and the boho inspired collection of Matthew Williamson! Chloe's new line of bags is great too!!

1. Chanel: An avalanche of propositions so that all the customers find their account there.

2. Lanvin: Alber Elbaz has all the cards in hand to become one of the princes of the fashion and his collection winter, 2004 Lanvin confirms his talent. Less brilliant than the previous one because dominated by the black and the grey, it shines nevertheless with a bare, very sensual chic, in hundred leagues of the usual image of the glamour

3. YSL: Mister Saint Laurent often demonstrated his fascination for this big nation. Ford calls back it to us via jackets arched in the very marked shoulders associated to narrow satin skirts length knee, collars mandarin, and even a magnificent coat leopard in the forms inspired by a Chinese temple. Who knows? Maybe that with a little more time, Ford would have succeeded in redoing of Yves Saint Laurent a real leader of fashion. The law of the market wanted it otherwise.

4. Céline: Michael Kors leaves for beauty. For his last collection at Céline, he delivers his ultimate vision of the luxury and the elegance, the values of the house, remastérisées by a mix measured well between " french class and american touch. "

5. Gucci: Anthology remastérisé of Tom Ford's key models, this sublime collection arrested the quintessence of the style at the same moment smart, urban, and sexy which transformed Gucci into leader of fashion. The successor of Ford will have no easy task ...

#6. Lagerfeld Gallery : Enter the strategy of some, more or less philosophic reflections of the others, and the stylistic weakness of some, the collection Lagerfeld Gallery restores faith in the fashion. An unadorned fashion, without lies, without excess. The just proposition of at the same moment useful, luxurious and particularly desirable clothes.
A true winter collection, which gives the tone from the first passages: cotton or leather parkas and long coats lined with mink or with fox. Black or white.
J'aime la mode :heart:

Funny how your thoughts can change over the course of a few months. Now that the fall season is upon us, I retract my previous top 5 list and add this revised one.

1. Fendi
2. Hussein Chalayan
3. Junya Watanabe
4. Rochas
5. Lanvin

What was I thinking with Galliano and Balenciaga! :huh: :blush:

Wierd, the Fendi collection was sorta growing on me as well.

My list has changed a bit.

Gucci-I just loved it, simple as that.

Dolce and Gabbana-Didn't love it at first but the entire mood of the collection really got to me and changed my opinion.

Donna Karan-The colors were gorgeous, the textures were luxurious and the dresses were gorgeous.

Helmut Lang-This is totally on the basis of the pleated, horse hair detailed gowns that closed the show.

YSL/Fendi-Both had gorgeous colors, YSL with jewel tones and Fendi with plums in every shade. Both also stood out, Fendi went full on futuristic in a sea of vintage and YSL created dramatic, striking silhouettes that were (imo) amazing.

Originally posted by chickonspeed@Aug 18 2004, 03:16 PM
Funny how your thoughts can change over the course of a few months. Now that the fall season is upon us, I retract my previous top 5 list and add this revised one.

1. Fendi
2. Hussein Chalayan
3. Junya Watanabe
4. Rochas
5. Lanvin

[snapback]336988[/snapback]​

Well, I agreed on what you thought about Galliano back then...I think you should not have removed Galliano and Balenciaga of your list....

List Redux

Vivienne Westwood
Viktor and Rolf
Dires Van Noten
Commes Des Garcons
Rochas

Originally posted by Mr-Dale@Aug 18 2004, 11:06 AM
Well, I agreed on what you thought about Galliano back then...I think you should not have removed Galliano and Balenciaga of your list....
[snapback]337084[/snapback]​

I'm not saying either one was a horrible show. But certainly not the best of the season. If you're near the Balenciaga store in NY, stop by next month when the fall stuff is in. Once you see it up close you'll see it's nothing to write home about.

I wasn't saying you said that either lol :flower:

I was just saying that Balenciaga and Galliano were better then the ones you replaced them with, in my opinion...

Originally posted by chickonspeed@Aug 18 2004, 08:16 AM

1. Fendi
2. Hussein Chalayan
3. Junya Watanabe
4. Rochas
5. Lanvin

[snapback]336988[/snapback]​

There is nothing like looking at the collection with your own eyes, is it? I never trust my own judgement just looking at a picture.

I don't know if I made my list before, but from what I've seen in stores:

1. Ann Demeulemeester :heart: - I want EVERYTHING from that collection for my wife (and some for myself).
2. Les Hommes - incredibly fresh, compared to the rest of the stagnant market.
3. Alexander McQueen - always innovative and gorgeous (both men and women).
4. Junya Watanabe - love everything except some weirdly cut pants
5. The spot is still open, but I liked Dries women's collectin a lot. Boudicca is a runner up.

P.S. Chick, did you see Husseyn's stuff in person? I only saw like 2 pieces in Barneys.

Originally posted by faust@Aug 18 2004, 11:34 AM
P.S. Chick, did you see Husseyn's stuff in person? I only saw like 2 pieces in Barneys.
[snapback]337130[/snapback]​

Just a few samples. Very nice. And that's what made me change my mind about the collection.

i think hussein has a similar problem to balenciaga...very very narrow cut that doesn't fit anyone...

i usually wear a 4-6 and the 10 is too tight...kind of a problem...i hope that gets straightened out because i love the designs...maybe this fall will be better...let's hope so...

Rochas-love the lace suits, gowns, and silk camis
Hermes-love the new birkin
Helmut Lang-love the blue silk/satin trench and shearling coat
Galliano-love everything
Dior-love the dresses, blouse, bags, and creeper boots

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anka xx
Back