Best Of The Season

I just noticed my big heart next to the Narciso Rodriguez dress and then read my signature. oops!

Alexander McQueen
Peter Som
Lanvin
Dries Van Noten
Marni

Originally posted by Spike413@Aug 18 2004, 08:43 AM
Wierd, the Fendi collection was sorta growing on me as well.

My list has changed a bit.

Gucci-I just loved it, simple as that.

Dolce and Gabbana-Didn't love it at first but the entire mood of the collection really got to me and changed my opinion.

Donna Karan-The colors were gorgeous, the textures were luxurious and the dresses were gorgeous.

Helmut Lang-This is totally on the basis of the pleated, horse hair detailed gowns that closed the show.

YSL/Fendi-Both had gorgeous colors, YSL with jewel tones and Fendi with plums in every shade. Both also stood out, Fendi went full on futuristic in a sea of vintage and YSL created dramatic, striking silhouettes that were (imo) amazing.
[snapback]337004[/snapback]​

I said gorgeous too many times regarding Donna Karan, I'll change that to The colors were perfect, the textures were luxurious and the dresses were gorgeous.

Chloe: I feel like Phoebe Philo is finally hitting her stride with SS04 and this collection.

Narciso Rodriguez: I was starting to think he was a one-trick pony, but then he brings out the volume. Stunning!

Lanvin: Alber Elbaz is amazing and one of the best and most underrated designers out there. What he did at YSL was incredible and what he's building at Lanvin is exquisite.

Prada: Everything you could say about this collection has probably already been said.

Gucci: A wonderful finale for Mr. Ford. I know he has plenty of naysayers on this site, but I love him and what he brought to fashion.

Honorable Mention: Peter Som/Derek Lam, who I believe can be the future of American fashion. They both put out great collections without all the hype (ie., Zac Posen, Proenza Schouler)

Originally posted by chickonspeed@Aug 18 2004, 10:34 AM
Hmm. . . well, to each his own! :flower:
[snapback]337131[/snapback]​

Well, we have Junya in common :wink:

Originally posted by faust@Aug 18 2004, 02:06 PM
Well, we have Junya in common :wink:
[snapback]337286[/snapback]​

Oh, that was in response to Spike's post! Sorry for the confusion.

Originally posted by chickonspeed@Aug 18 2004, 01:32 PM
Oh, that was in response to Spike's post! Sorry for the confusion.
[snapback]337308[/snapback]​

Ah, ok, I knew we had a more similar aesthetic :flower:

Veronique Branquinho
Ann Demeulemeester
Costume National
Alexander McQueen :heart: :heart: :heart:
Viktor & Rolkf

And always a place in my heart for Comme Des Garcons

Originally posted by Mutterlein@Aug 18 2004, 10:18 AM
List Redux

Vivienne Westwood
Viktor and Rolf
Dires Van Noten
Commes Des Garcons
Rochas
[snapback]337109[/snapback]​

another redux

my criteria this time is on how much of a contribution to fashion innovation, technique, and wearability each design made.

Balenciaga
Comme Des Garcons
Junya Watanabe
Rochas
Undercover

Originally posted by Mutterlein@Aug 19 2004, 03:20 PM
another redux

my criteria this time is on how much of a contribution to fashion innovation, technique, and wearability each design made.

Balenciaga
Comme Des Garcons
Junya Watanabe
Rochas
Undercover
[snapback]338673[/snapback]​

You think Balenciaga is wearable?

Originally posted by Sugo@Aug 19 2004, 03:09 PM
Veronique Branquinho
Ann Demeulemeester
Costume National
Alexander McQueen :heart: :heart: :heart:
Viktor & Rolkf

And always a place in my heart for Comme Des Garcons
[snapback]338665[/snapback]​

my girl :clap:

Originally posted by faust@Aug 19 2004, 03:37 PM
[snapback]338695[/snapback]​

oh yes! It's challenging I must admit but really, I think it is alot easier than it looks.

Definately....a lot of the pieces are very wearable....and I even know a person who would die for those balloon skirts and probably look damn good in them too:smile:

Originally posted by Sugo@Aug 20 2004, 12:23 AM
Definately....a lot of the pieces are very wearable....and I even know a person who would die for those balloon skirts and probably look damn good in them too:smile:
[snapback]339186[/snapback]​

I don't mean how it looks on a hanger. Did you actually try anything on? Balenciaga is infamous for having a terrible fit.

lol
i did
I managed to squeeze myself into the equivalent of a size 8 (which i'm not).
Did they change their sizing in the last 2-3 years? Becuase I own a pair of size 8 Balenciaga pants from about 2002 which are actually big on me right now...when the current and last season size 8 would be ok if I had no need to breathe and didnt eat for the next month.

But I thought when you said "wearable" you meant something else.

Originally posted by Sugo@Aug 20 2004, 10:30 AM
lol
i did
I managed to squeeze myself into the equivalent of a size 8 (which i'm not).
Did they change their sizing in the last 2-3 years? Becuase I own a pair of size 8 Balenciaga pants from about 2002 which are actually big on me right now...when the current and last season size 8 would be ok if I had no need to breathe and didnt eat for the next month.

But I thought when you said "wearable" you meant something else.
[snapback]339660[/snapback]​

:lol: Believe me, my ideas of what is wearable are far more accepting than Balenciaga. Well, if you manage to squeeze yourself in anything, you'll be happy to know that all that stuff remains in Barneys at 70% off at the end of the season. :innocent:

1. Burberry Prorsum
00220f.jpg

2. Fendi
00070f.jpg

3. Emilio Pucci
00040f.jpg

4. D&G
00060f.jpg

5. Missoni
00010f.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics