Best Outfits of the Decade

None of the getty pictures show up. You have to hotlink them. The best one is tinypic. :flower:

Well I tried on another computer and I got a red cross. Did you just copy the picture from getty? I used to do that. I think those types of sites that originally put the pictures on their sites aren't hotlinked. It's only the getty ones that aren't working.

I think people are being a bit rude. Have your own opinions, but some people like cocktail dresses. Maybe they stand out. I see this thread more as a 'retrospective' one looking back at the decade's fashion from different perspectives. Generic cocktail dresses or 'off-the-runway' looks or not, some people feel inspired by these. They may not be groundbreaking, but fashion is subjective. I know that I have chosen some generic outfits myself, but they have really stood out in my mind for some reason.

Couldn't have said it better myself. :flower:

ooh LOVE Alek in that cool neon purple dress! now that's memorable!

Yeah, it's a stunning dress. Oh, and I just realised that I called her Alex. :lol:

I'm sure this has already been posted, but, it's the only time in recent memory I can recall literally gasping out loud when I saw it on screen.
Stunning Cate in Jean Paul Gaultier, 2005 Golden Globes

gossiprocks.com

Idk which specific pictures are posted aren't showing because they all appear on my computer; so if anyone sees any red x's, tell me and I'll try re-post.

9) Reese Witherspoon

Valentino HC

reesewitherspoon.jpg

10) Cate Blanchett - reigning queen of red carpet

Givenchy HC

11) Uma Thurman

Valentino HC
- the dress makes me think of a galaxy sprinkled with stars

umSplit1810_468x716.jpg

12) Keira Knightley - I concur with the posters who've previously posted Keira in Rodarte & Chanel HC

wireimage, dailymail

Incredible choices, eternitygoddess.
Nicole Kidman in Pucci at the Dogville Cannes Premiere is quite possibly my favorite red-carpet moment of the decade, it may look a little 'blah' in pictures now but it was so amazing cause everyone was in black for that premiere, Eve Herzigova was wearing a nude Tom Ford for YSL dress and I was thinking she had just stolen Nicole's gig and then she (Nicole) suddenly appears with her incredible height, the ponytail and that super colorful printed dress and the photographers go absolutely nuts for these shots.. she looked so statuesque and powerful.. a total act of class :heart:..
You can see some of that here (although it looks much quieter than when I saw it on accesshollywood that day)

^Agreed. The photographers went crazy at Cannes.

Obviously I won't be getting much work done today going crazy with posting here :innocent:

10) Lauren Bush

Dior HC
- I think dress-wise, she's the most incredible deb that the Crillon Ball has ever debuted. The first picture is particularly amazing. It's like an old photograph from the bygone days of wealth, privilege, and aristocracy.

2000%20Lauren.jpg

2000%20Lauren%20Bush%20and%20SAR%20Prince%20Louis%20de%20Bourbon.jpg

lebal.fr

Last edited by a moderator:
Daphne was such a genius, if I had that kind of money this is exactly how I would want my wardrobe to be like....

orrwrc.jpg

2s9eu7d.png
119orvs.png
attachment.php

Life, corbis, getty

Maggie Gyllenhal has her own quirk to her outfits. If there is a dark horse based on style I think she is the one.
90336902.jpg

81959263.jpg
81932121.jpg
82088212.jpg

getty

Another Kirsten Dunst outfit (I think she might be wearing Sophia Kokosalaki:(
etown_london32.jpg

kikillerqueendunst

Leighton Meester in Lanvin:
teen-meester.jpg

thefashiontime

Freida Pinto in Galliano:
Freida%20Pinto%20in%20John%20Galliano.jpg

catwalkqueen

Drew Barrymore in Galliano:
DrewBarrymore_JohnGalliano_1.jpg

projectrungay

I believe the last two are actually the same dress. Drew's was modified (and Frieda's too of course, because the runway version was barely there!)

Maggie Gyllenhaal in Lanvin:
0112maggie-gyllenhaal-lanvin_fa.jpg

celebgawking

Halle Berry in Valentino:
2.preview.jpg

popsugar

Here are some of my faves that I don't think anyone's posted
Kate Hudson 2003 Oscars (kate-hudson.org)

Uma Thurman 2006 Oscars (umathurman.org)

Keri Russell 2008 Oscars (kerirussellsource.org)

Kerry Washington 2008 Cannes Film Festival (kerry-washington.net)

^^^^ Wow, I don't at all recall that Valentino dress on Halle Berry. Gorgeous! Far superior to that much-toted Elie Saab Oscar dress of hers imho. That's a great pick! Also surprised to see Leighton Meester in such a surprisingly elegant choice of dress. Haven't seen that one before, either.

(I still don't like that Galliano dress on Freida, though. Didn't like it when I first saw it during the live Oscar broadcast, don't like it now that I see it again. :ninja:)

I initially hated Freida's dress, but I love it now for some reason.

Ok so I tried really hard to keep it to just 10 and then 20 but I couldn't do so here's my choices for each year -

Cate Blanchett in John Paul Gaultier, Nicole Kidman in Christian Dior, Gwyneth Paltrow in Tom Ford for YSL Rive Gauche.

Renee Zellweger in Vintage Jean Desses Couture, Nicole Kidman in Tom Ford for YSL Rive Gauche, Cameron Diaz in John Paul Gaultier.

Sources - Gettys Images, Matrix Pics, Globe Photos, Gamma Press, Celebutopia and tlfan.to

Kate Moss in Vintage, Cameron Diaz in Emanuel Ungaro Couture, Gwyneth Paltrow in Valentino Couture, Jennifer Aniston in Vintage Christian Dior.

Cameron Diaz in Chanel Couture, Kate Hudson in Valentino Couture, Nicole Kidman in Tom Ford for YSL Rive Gauche, Kate Moss in Lanvin, Kate Hudson in Versace, Sienna Miller in Alexander McQueen.

Sources - Gettys Images, Matrix Pics, Globe Photos, Gamma Press, Celebutopia and tlfan.to

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
treasureagence
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->