Best Outfits of the Decade

2003 continued

Nicole Kidman in Pucci, Demi Moore in Tom Ford for YSL Rive Gauche, Sarah Jessica Parker in Tom Ford for YSL Rive Gauche, Kate Moss in Vintage, Sarah Jessica Parker in Chanel Couture, Nicole Kidman in Lanvin, Sienna Miller in Alexander McQueen.

Jennifer Aniston in Vintage Valentino, Nicole Kidman in Chanel, Jennifer Aniston in Versace.

Sources - Gettys Images, Matrix Pics, Globe Photos, Gamma Press, Celebutopia and tlfan.to

2004 continued

Diane Kruger in Chanel, Diane Kruger in Emanuel Ungaro, Ellen Pompeo in Prada, Jennifer Aniston in Chanel Couture, Gwyneth Paltrow in Vivienne Westwood.

Cate Blanchett in Christian Lacroix Couture, Vanessa Paradis in Chanel, Mischa Barton in Azzaro, Mischa Barton in Chloe, Jennifer Garner in Valentino, Vanessa Paradis in Chanel Couture.

Sources - Gettys Images, Matrix Pics, Globe Photos, Gamma Press, Celebutopia and tlfan.to

Last edited by a moderator:
2005 continued

Gwyneth Paltrow in Stella McCartney, Charlize Theron in Christian Dior, Kirsten Dunst in Christian Lacroix Couture, Kate Hudson in Vintage Versace, Kate Moss in Vintage, Marcia Cross in Elie Saab,Keira Knightley in Matthew Williamson, Mischa Barton in Chloe, Jennifer Aniston in Chanel Couture, Chloe Sevigny in YSL.

Charlize Theron in Christian Dior, Evangeline Lilly in Elie Saab, Mischa Barton in YSL, Michelle Williams in Givenchy, Ziyi Zhang in Armani Prive, Mischa Barton in Marchesa, Thandie Newton in Christian Lacroix Couture, Michelle Williams in Vera Wang, Naomi Watts in Givenchy Couture, Naomi Watts in Christian Lacroix Couture.

2006 continued

Reese Witherspoon in Vintage Christian Dior, Mischa Barton in Christian Dior, Kyra Sedgwick in Armani Prive, Diane Kruger in Burberry, Diane Kruger in Chanel Couture.

Reese Witherspoon in Nina Ricci, Cate Blanchett in Givenchy Couture, Sienna Miller in Vintage Emanuel Ungaro, Gwyneth Paltrow in Zac Posen.

2007 continued

Reese Witherspoon in Nina Ricci, Rachel Weisz in Vera Wang, Mischa Barton in Christian Dior, Jessica Stam in Christian Dior, Mischa Barton in Christian Dior, Diane Kruger in Elie Saab.

Emily Blunt in Marc Bouwer, Thandie Newton in Alexander McQueen, Natalie Portman in Rodarte, Anne Hathaway in Marchesa.

2008 continued

Marion Cotillard in John Paul Gaultier, Gwyneth Paltrow in Preen, Gwyneth Paltrow in Stella McCartney.

65ff9a61817205.gif

Kristen Stewart in Yigal Azrouel, Daria in Balmain, Emma Watson in Rodarte, Natasha Polly in Roberto Cavalli, Diane Kruger in Marchesa, Diane Kruger in Versace, Diane Kruger in Chanel, Kate Hudson in Versace.

There you go. See you in 2019.

A well-thought out list! Mine is all over the place! I really loved Watts in LaCroix. I've never seen Kruger in that Ungaro. Wow!

Great list LabelBasher! It's especially refreshing to get to see the backs of the dresses. I agree with many of the outfits on your list.

It's amazing how many hits Nicole Kidman had prior to 2005. Everything she wore was bang bang bang!

Since this has turned into a different kind of thread than I thought, here are some other gowns that I loved throughout the decade and which haven't been mentioned yet (or maybe I just missed them).

Teraji P Henson at the Oscars 2009
taraji-p-henson-at-the-2009-oscars.jpg

stylewithanna

Ellen Pompeo at SAG 2008
01268_pompeo_300X400.jpg

instyle

Anne Hathaway at Venice 2008
anne.png

stylebyme.net

Jessica Alba at the Oscars 2006
jessica_alba300x400.jpg

timesquaregossip

I'll do more later.

11) Eva Herzigova

Dior HC
- She always dresses really really well at Cannes every year

celebutopia

12) Naomi Watts

Christian Lacroix HC
- 1) I'm biased towards Lacroix and 2) Naomi Watt's style is really underrated.

My only problem with the look is that she wore it with a fug pair of purple shoes.

That time when Watts wore a lot of Lacroix was really amazing.

Great list LabelBasher! It's especially refreshing to get to see the backs of the dresses. I agree with many of the outfits on your list.

It's amazing how many hits Nicole Kidman had prior to 2005. Everything she wore was bang bang bang!

Thanks I think I may have gone a bit overboard but oh well :P

Sometimes the back of the dress is the best part. I had to post pics of them.

Totally agree with Nicole. 2000 to 2005 were amazing for her especially when she wore Chanel or Tom Ford for YSL. I think that she's just in a different place now. She's older and fashion has taken a back seat but at least she not a train wreak like Mischa Barton. When I look at all the wondering outfits she wore from 2004 to 2007 it make me sad that she looks like crap now. I take my hat off to Rachel Zoe for what she did for Mischa.

Also seeing all the amazing Emanuel Ungaro make me sad with what the label is now. I want Lindsay to get her act together but she is not a designer. And I've come to the conclusion that Kate Hudson looks amazing whenever she wears Versace and she should wear it all the time.

totally subjective

Michelle Williams in Derek Lam

Sofia Coppola in Marc Jacobs (?)

Nicole Richie in Christian Dior Vintage (?)

Kate Moss:

Kate Winslet in Temperley:

Gillian Anderson in Ungaro:

Sienna Miller in Stella McCartney:

Gwyneth Paltrow:

sources: style.com;getty;wireimage;retna

click to make bigger

source (in order) styleinsider, wire image, celebrity photo, celebrity photo, wire image, wire image, best celebrity, instyle, daily mail, beimages

My last post got deleted, so I'll post it again....
....I know that some people hated this, but personally I loved it and thought it was very apporopriate for the superhero theme of the Met comstume institue gala.
ricci_6may08_rex_320_2.jpg

condenast.co.uk

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rare
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->