Best Revolutions And Trends Of The Last 10 Years

Discussion in 'Trend Spotting' started by Scott, Nov 25, 2003.

1. leyla m.

leyla m. New Member

hmm just read all this and just my opinion: :shock:

ARMANI is def the last person i would define as the master of deconstruction :unsure:

2. Lena

Lena etre soi-meme

absolutely so scott*

:flower: leyla B)

3. PrinceOfCats

PrinceOfCats Naturellement pulpeuse

Fine, fine...you may be right. I was taught that Armani invented deconstruction and this seems to be the general opinion of the British fashion press. Maybe later designers have mis-used the word 'deconstruction' because the term was originally coined to describe Armani's debut collection? I don't really care....it's just what I have always been told.

I'm pretty sure that Helmut Lang revived the minamalist movement which would fit with minmalism's roots (Bahaus etc.)....

4. Scott

Scott Stitch:the Hand

Well everyone has their own interpretation. Minimalism by Bauhuas standards may be related to Lang but it was also more geometric,graphic and architecturally inspired than what the Italians were doing. Just like Deconstruction,although the Japanese and Belgians have it common,I think it's a different approach.

5. ignitioned32

ignitioned32 Mannikin

I agree with chick on the mix. Prada with Gap, Margiela with H&M.. that was a great trend. :flower:

6. Spacemiu

Spacemiu New Member

Absolutetly true chick, i fidn this a utterly inspirational movment. :heart:

i knwo many people here dis liek juicy couture but In LA people ahve started mixing Juicy with chanel and dior homme, its very intresting casual meets formal look. :heart:

on a note on Deconstruction I think we are forgeting that Rei Kawakuboa nd Vivienne westwood's punk clothes where also very early deconstructionism. :blush:

7. TheSoCalledPrep

TheSoCalledPrep New Member

My favorite? Making informal formal. Luxury paired with grunge. This kind of relates to the "mix" thing Chick was talking about. Casual attire never used to be accepted as stylish. And, I absolutely love to pair fur with jeans... or stilettos with jeans... and I can't stand tennis shoes!!

8. travolta

travolta New Member

metal-on-metal-soothsayer...i think you just predicted mary kates current fashion icon status.

9. tiffany

tiffany Active Member

I love that - it makes casual wear so much more fun, sort of like laid back luxury, if that makes any sense :blush:

10. HBoogie

HBoogie Procrastinator.

I'm just glad I can now find a pair of flat shoes that look good.

11. PinkSunrise

PinkSunrise New Member

Mixing definetly..Gucci with gap ^_^..
    as long as it looks good, who cares how much you paid for it?

12. shadow

shadow New Member

I don't know if this is good or bad. We can now shop all labels no matter where we live (Gap, Zara, Prada, Gucci ) but I miss going to a foreign country and seeing different clothes and fashions. I miss buying something in Paris that caused a sensation back in Madrid. We all dress the same, albeit with more freedom that ever!