Beth Ditto for Evans

lucy92

Mod Squad Team Leader
Staff member
Reaction score
AFTER much speculation, Beth Ditto joins Kate Moss - who designs a hugely successful collection for Topshop - as Arcadia's newest celebrity designer. From July, Evans stores will be home to the plus-sized pop star's collection: Beth Ditto for Evans.

Promising to add a touch of glam rock to the brand's conservative appeal, the capsule collection has a strong Eighties feel and will consist of clothing, accessories and shoes.

Casual and formal pieces feature embellished graphic designs, while oversized knitwear, draped jersey tops and dresses are inspired by vintage pieces sourced by Ditto, who worked closely with Evans head of design - Lisa Marie Peacock - in developing the range, which, come the summer, is sure to be a hit with the brand's curvaceous target market.
vogue.co.uk

hmm this will be really interesting. I'm sure this is something that Ditto is/was passionate about and will be really hands on with the collection. I personally think she explores a lot about fashion/style through her own wardrobe - even if not all of it is successful. I'm just wondering whether it will pan out with Evans. Because I'm not sure the average Evans customer even knows who Beth Ditto is. Either way - I'm glad to see her doing a plus-sized diffusion line.

She's an awesome singer. But there's a reason why people have to study this.

it will be out in july.
here is a promo image. (it is not beth, it is a doll that evans is using in the ads) (source - grazia)

Attachments

• beth.jpg
    beth.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 9
^well that's a bit disappointing. she can parade around in chris kane with chris and the like but they can't use her for the image for this? what's wrong with this picture?

excerpt from times online
Ditto is in London for a couple of days talking up her band Gossip’s new album (not that it needs much talking up — it rocks), and overseeing the new plus-size collection she has designed for the high-street chain Evans. Isn’t Evans a bit uncool, I say? “You know, I’m a **** — a crunchy **** at that — so I had to weigh up whether I wanted to do something so corporate,” she says, her Southern tones at full tilt, “but it’s been a dream. I literally sketched out these shoes,” she points her jazz flats in the air, “and they made them and flew them back to me. And I wanted to do a lot of things you’re always told not to wear if you’re big.” Like what? “Like anything with a good cut,” she laughs. So there are stretch tops, fitted jackets, acid prints and cut-off trousers — all very un-Evans. But no kaftans? “Which is a shame,” she nods. “I lurve a kaftan.”

Attachments

• beth1.jpg
    beth1.jpg
    12.5 KB · Views: 127
Last edited by a moderator:
I actually like the two dresses I've seen thus far and I really like her thinking in producing things that are traditionally produced for plus sized women. I'm excited to see more

if it's anything like what she wears then it's going to be an ugly mess.
she does not know how to dress for her body type and I don't care if this is an un PC opinion.

Women of all shapes want to dress in a way that puts their best assests forward while minimising their flaws, and have yet to see Beth do that.

this stuff looks really cool actually. i predict it will sell well. it will sell online in the states. it starts as size 14.
pics from nitrolicious

Attachments

• beth1.jpg
    beth1.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 3
  • beth2.jpg
    beth2.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 2
  • beth3.jpg
    beth3.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 4
  • beth4.jpg
    beth4.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 1
  • beth5.jpg
    beth5.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 1
  • beth6.jpg
    beth6.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 2
evans has just announced that the 2nd collection will be out in september.

the jumpsuit and the leggings are really really cute and flattering. My mom would love these. :smile:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thtrfh65
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->