Betsy Johnson

Discussion in 'Designers and Collections' started by CelineChic, Dec 5, 2003.

1. CelineChic

CelineChic New Member

I love her. Wonderful woman that I have had the pleasure to meet on a few occasions. THe woman ooozes talent.

I even named my handle after her (I shortened it to BetsyJo, because I thought her full name was too long for a handle.)

Betsey Johnson Website

CHeck it out :)

2. marc jacobs addict

marc jacobs addict New Member

betsy johnson :heart:
    not so much my style. but i love her designs. she's a really creative person and her clothes are amazing. :flower:

3. CelineChic

CelineChic New Member

Here clothing are quite different from Marc Jacobs. I think it takes an eccentric personality to wear her clothing.

4. lele

lele New Member

i think betsy is adorable and so much fun but I dont like her clothes for the most part....

5. Lena

Lena etre soi-meme

no idea about her personality (apart that she was a part of Andy Warhol's Factory, which is great) but i dont like her work, sorry :ninja:

6. mikeijames

mikeijames no tom ford, no thanks.

there is a time and a place for betsey...she is a very new york girl designer...my little sister adores her dresses (and she has a LOT of stores nowadays)...i think she doesn't design for the woman so much anymore as much as for the younger client

7. marc jacobs addict

marc jacobs addict New Member

i agree. they are not for me.
    but i still love some of the things she has made, i just dont buy them. her personalirt just comes through in her designs in my opinion. :)

8. Oria

Oria New Member

she has a vibrant energy and I have to be honest and say that makes me take notice more of her clothes but in a playful way. i don't mean to say she is not a 'serious' designer but she does offer a lightness and sometimes looking at her clothes makes you love the little girl in you she is like a female peter pan never grows up and that is a compliment. the world needs a little betsey i think. :flower:

9. Scott

Scott Stitch:the Hand

I don't think her designs are as interesting as they were in the 80's and before then. Everything looks the same every season and in every collection. For as much energy she has she's certainly lost a bit of it in her work.

10. LolitaLuxe

LolitaLuxe Vision of Paradise

my older sister wore a lot of betsy in the 80's and early 90's. to be honest it isnt the best quality. :unsure: she gave me a jacket, i took it to the cleaners and it fell apart :unsure:

11. pinkcouture

pinkcouture New Member

I really like her designs for their playfullness and brightness but I don't buy her designs..just not for me.

12. ignitioned32

ignitioned32 Mannikin

Her present work seems a little repetetive season after season.. and as Lo said the quality doesn't seem impecable. :unsure:

Plus it seems not much thought is place in her work. :doh:

13. Scott

Scott Stitch:the Hand

Is it me or has she been doing the SAME lingerie looks since the early nineties? :blink: :lol:

14. Lena

Lena etre soi-meme

you bet :rolleyes:

15. Atelier

Atelier Hoppity Hop

Betsey Johnson clothes are fun and playful. More often than not, particularly on the sale rack, there's something not-so-runway that's worth the price.

Pairing her stuff with a more sophisticated/mature piece adds a bit of rock to a girl wants it while not going overboard CBGB.

Her season to season collections may not differ that much, but I'm Betsey Johnson is one of the options. As for quality, I think it depends on the item, so that could be a big con. Tops are going to last but bags might have the longevity to pass down to your daughter.

16. Spacemiu

Spacemiu New Member

I love Betsy, she is gerat, i lvoe her clotehs tehya re so fun and eccentric! :woot:

I agree though that season after season its all pretty much the same I also agree her deisgn ability seems to have faded ou.

but i lvoe her style

17. plasticine20

plasticine20 New Member

I LOVE her work, although I do agree that her stuff gets quite repetitive.

I think she caters to multiple styles and personalities. My style tends to be more toward the eccentric side, which makes it difficult in finding clothing for special occasions. Her designs are perfect for me.
    One of my good friends has a completely different style. She loves dainty, feminine things, and still finds many items from Betsey Johnson that she can easily wear.

18. xclusive

xclusive New Member

i love her designs n the whole atitude she had towards fashion - so bright ann light.

19. *midnight*golightly*

AHHH! I love :heart: betsey johnson clothes!!!

20. BabyJ

BabyJ New Member

Never heard of her until just now but I really dont like any of her designs.
    The only thing that I saw on the website and liked was a few pairs of sandals.