Betsy Johnson

CelineChic

Reaction score
I love her. Wonderful woman that I have had the pleasure to meet on a few occasions. THe woman ooozes talent.

I even named my handle after her (I shortened it to BetsyJo, because I thought her full name was too long for a handle.)

Betsey Johnson Website

CHeck it out :smile:

betsy johnson :heart:
not so much my style. but i love her designs. she's a really creative person and her clothes are amazing. :flower:

Here clothing are quite different from Marc Jacobs. I think it takes an eccentric personality to wear her clothing.

i think betsy is adorable and so much fun but I dont like her clothes for the most part....

no idea about her personality (apart that she was a part of Andy Warhol's Factory, which is great) but i dont like her work, sorry :ninja:

there is a time and a place for betsey...she is a very new york girl designer...my little sister adores her dresses (and she has a LOT of stores nowadays)...i think she doesn't design for the woman so much anymore as much as for the younger client

Originally posted by BetsyJo@Dec 5th, 2003 - 9:48 am
Here clothing are quite different from Marc Jacobs. I think it takes an eccentric personality to wear her clothing.
i agree. they are not for me.
but i still love some of the things she has made, i just dont buy them. her personalirt just comes through in her designs in my opinion. :smile:

she has a vibrant energy and I have to be honest and say that makes me take notice more of her clothes but in a playful way. i don't mean to say she is not a 'serious' designer but she does offer a lightness and sometimes looking at her clothes makes you love the little girl in you she is like a female peter pan never grows up and that is a compliment. the world needs a little betsey i think. :flower:

I don't think her designs are as interesting as they were in the 80's and before then. Everything looks the same every season and in every collection. For as much energy she has she's certainly lost a bit of it in her work.

my older sister wore a lot of betsy in the 80's and early 90's. to be honest it isnt the best quality. :unsure: she gave me a jacket, i took it to the cleaners and it fell apart :unsure:

I really like her designs for their playfullness and brightness but I don't buy her designs..just not for me.

Her present work seems a little repetetive season after season.. and as Lo said the quality doesn't seem impecable. :unsure:

Plus it seems not much thought is place in her work. :doh:

Is it me or has she been doing the SAME lingerie looks since the early nineties? :blink: :lol:

Originally posted by Scott@Dec 6th, 2003 - 7:02 am
Is it me or has she been doing the SAME lingerie looks since the early nineties? :blink: :lol:
you bet :rolleyes:

Betsey Johnson clothes are fun and playful. More often than not, particularly on the sale rack, there's something not-so-runway that's worth the price.

Pairing her stuff with a more sophisticated/mature piece adds a bit of rock to a girl wants it while not going overboard CBGB.

Her season to season collections may not differ that much, but I'm Betsey Johnson is one of the options. As for quality, I think it depends on the item, so that could be a big con. Tops are going to last but bags might have the longevity to pass down to your daughter.

I love Betsy, she is gerat, i lvoe her clotehs tehya re so fun and eccentric! :woot:

I agree though that season after season its all pretty much the same I also agree her deisgn ability seems to have faded ou.

but i lvoe her style

I LOVE her work, although I do agree that her stuff gets quite repetitive.

I think she caters to multiple styles and personalities. My style tends to be more toward the eccentric side, which makes it difficult in finding clothing for special occasions. Her designs are perfect for me.
One of my good friends has a completely different style. She loves dainty, feminine things, and still finds many items from Betsey Johnson that she can easily wear.

i love her designs n the whole atitude she had towards fashion - so bright ann light.

Never heard of her until just now but I really dont like any of her designs.
The only thing that I saw on the website and liked was a few pairs of sandals.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peytontung
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->