Betty Adewole

Running With The Fash Pack...London Fashion Week SS 2010

streetstyle4351of1.jpg

The gorgeous Tokumbo Daniel (left) and Betty Adewole (right)

Edit: I was just looking at the Net-a-Porter online magazine and I realised that there is a shoot, "Coats, Boots and Capes", featuring Tokumbo and Betty together!

Betty had a little giggle at me when she witnessed me almost trip up a lady as she came out of the Roksanda Ilincic show. I was demonstrating to a girl I was photographing how I wanted her to move her foot out to the side...and just as I was inelegantly sticking my foot out the lady walked by and caught my foot. OMG, I would have completely died if she had completely tripped over and landed on the ground. Dear God I am so glad she didn't.

http://vanessajackman.blogspot.com/2...shion_958.html

Last edited by a moderator:

Marcus Constable Spring Summer 2010
Paris Fashion Week
'One Time Only' Publication
Copyright catwalking.com
flickr.com/photos/fashionising

cute as always ^
is she really 5'11" cos Sigail looks taller than her and I believe she's about 5" 9.5"
hmmmm

Yeah sigail does look a bit taller in the Nathen Jenden pics, but Betty's heels look shorter so....

Betty Adewole
Betty Adewole has only been with the models1 agency since November 2008 and has hit the industry with a major force. She has beautiful flawless skin, piercing eyes and legs that go on for miles. She has shot for the Bunmi Olaye campaign and has been in great demand for editorial shoots for top magazines. She has graced the covers of 125, Arise and ES Magazine. She has also modelled at ASOS, British vogue and Net-a-porter to name a few.
Betty walked in her first season of London Fashion week 2009 for PPQ whilst featuring in the presentations of Lp.Bg, Marcus Constable and Jasmine Di Milo. Her second season was another huge hit with a presentation for Mulberry and off schedule shows for Pam Hogg and Ramon Gurillo. As well as modelling Betty has worked alongside the charity organisers for Comic Relief and the BBC, and it seems there is just no stopping this British beauty.
I wanted to find out a bit more about Betty so I asked her….
  • Favourite city? "London"
  • Country girl or city girl? "City girl"
  • Fashion icon? "Grace Jones, Nathan Jenden"
  • Night in or night out? "Night out"
  • Coffee or tea? "Tea"
  • Summer or winter? "Winter"
  • Catwalk or photo-shoot? "Photo-shoot"
  • Heels or flats? "Flats"
  • Book or magazine? "Magazine"
  • Action or drama? "Drama"
  • Sweet or savoury? "Sweet"
  • Text or phone call? "Text"
  • Documentary or soap? "Documentary"
  • And finally what can we find you doing when you are not modelling? "Skateboarding, singing and hanging out with friends".

e3fa2aa7b3.jpg
361026adc6.jpg

istylista.com/blog

Who Betty Adewole
Age 18
Discovered Betty was scouted on Tottenham Court Road when she was 15, but didn't hear from the agency again until a few months ago when they called her in and booked her for London Fashion Weekend.
Background She lives in Thamesmead with her Nigerian parents (both nurses)and brother, who have reservations about modelling but remain supportive. She took her GCSEs at Hackney Free – the same school Alek Wek attended – and is now studying for an A level in theatre studies at the City of Westminster College in Maida Vale.
First job I've been incredibly lucky. One of my first jobs was the cover for 125 magazine.'
Best feature Probably my eyes. I can't stand my feet – I've got a thing about toes.'
Clever or pretty? It helps to be clever, so you don't get taken advantage of.'
Perks of the job Modelling has made her much more confident with less self-doubt'.
Favourite model Naomi Campbell. She was the first black model on Vogue's cover.'
Wants to be remembered as A happy, positive and optimistic model.'

bettyadewole415x559.jpg

newmodels415x559.jpg

thisislondon.co.uk/fashion/article-23729576-new-beauties-fashions-freshest-faces.do

Ha! in that last pic the chocolate just stands out.
Her piercing gaze also helps
Go Betty!

MODERN PRIMITIVES
Photographer: Ellen Rogers
Magazine: Vice Style
Models: David Gant, Betty Adewole, Abena Afari, Alex Voulters, Alice Goddard, Eleonore Desnos, Kenny Kenc

vicestyle

This week's MOTW on Models.com!

Betty01-copy-3.jpg

Height:
5′11″

Place of Origin:
London, England

Ethnic Origin:
Nigerian

Birthsign:
Aquarius

How discovered:
I was approached by a Models1 scout on Tottenham Court Road whilst shopping with my mum.

Favorite things:
My mum, skateboard, guitar, my DM’s and hot chocolate!

Favorite music, band:
Florence and the Machine, best album I’ve heard in my life, Friendly Fires, Drake and Jeff Buckley.

Hobbies:
I love skateboarding, singing and watching films.

Favorite piece of clothing:
My dad’s old vintage stone washed Lee jean jacket .

What’s your idea of fun?
Dancing for hours

Favorite modeling experience so far?
Meeting and walking for Nathan Jenden, he’s awesome.

What’s the best thing about your hometown/country?
Hackney, were I was born and raised. It’s the trendiest part of London.

Favorite artist (any kind:(
I don’t have favourites, I like a variety. I’m really into Drake right now though.

Place you would love to visit:
New York, New York!

Currently you’re obsessed with/about:
My best friend Abby Rose Clee.
All text and images via Models.com

Super fresh looks, amazing smile, and a fabulous tank top to boot!

She seems like she has a good head on her shoulders. Happy she's getting lots more exposure!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sl4vicd0ll
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->