Big Eyes?

I use DiorShow mascara which I love, it works very very well, as well as a Shu uemura curler. I once tried the waterproof Dior mascara when they were out of the normal one, stay away from that one, my eyelashes were falling out :ninja:

^ Same! DiorShow doesn't clump at all and it's easy for me to wash off.

Here's trick that my friend does, if you are too lazy to buy a heated lash curler, use your blowdrier (for hair) and blow your lash curler for about a minute, then use it on your lashes! That way it's not too hot and it curls your lashes beautifully

maraschin0 said:
....and blow your lash curler for about a minute, then use it on your lashes! That way it's not too hot and it curls your lashes beautifully

One minute?!?!?!? :shock:
No way! Only like 2 seconds and try it on your hand first to see if it´s not too hot!
Lashes are thin and the mildest warmth is enough!

i prefer to showcase my eyes & find if i wear eyeliner on bottom lid as well as top, makes my eyes look waaaaay smaller.

What works (for me:(

- use Liquid Liner (eg. L'oreal Lineur Intense in Black - with the bristle brush) to draw a thin line as close to the upper lid lashes as possible - and sweep a little up as you near the outer end of your eyes (gives a cat's eye effect).

- use the darkest mascara as possible (eg. for me, black) - on the top lashes only. i used to love Fantastic Lash by Cover Girl - now i've discovered Super Thick Lash by Cover Girl (i prefer it to Lancome/L'oreal/MAC/Maybelline/Clinique etc).

- use a medium eye crayon or eye shadow on your lid (i use a lavender tone b/c my eyes and skin are brown).

- take a darker nude eye shadow/crayon and add some depth into your crease.

- use a lighter nude colour just under your brow.

- keep your lips neutral OR your natural lip colour but better
& just a bit of blush (if you use blush)
that way your eyes are the focal point.

Some gals aren't suited to showcasing their eyes... eg. their lips are gorgeous and making their eyes look bigger just takes away from their natural beauty. Unless you've got HUGE eyes, the worst thing to do is use black eyeliner on the top and bottom of your eyes.

i usually have the same problem of wanting my eyes to look bigger!

so what i do is, curl my eyelashes, then i get a liquid black eyeliner and do a very thin line along my top lashes, then i use Mascara, this is good because the eyeliner and Mascara give the effect of full, thick, healthy eyelashes.. then i use a white eyeliner to line the inner rim of my bottom lashes and sometime i use mascara on the bottom ones too!

but if you do fancy wearing your favourite eyeshadow, put that on before using the liquid liner :P

woo hoo my first post here :wink:

The_Ida said:
Stop wearing lots of eyeliner would be my best advice. Oh, and curl your lashes. If you insist on wearing eyeliner, use it only in the corners of your eyes.

actually eyeliner can really help..if u want the somewhat natural look then only line half way on the upper lid (from the middle to the outside) in a really thin line. Probably try using a brush and eye powder..the one where you add water or some type of liquid to the tub and it makes a thin paste (i use laura mercier) :smile: And add lots of mascara..remember to curl it and also use a seperator.

Fake. Eyelashes.

I swear, they make your eyes twice the size. I recommend ardell. They're drgustore, but they're really good. Just don't expect them to be "self adhesive" (no eyelashes are), and remeber to pick up a tube of clear lash glue.

I find that eyeliner really makes my eyes stand out more. My hair is dark and my eyes are a light hazel with sparse lashes, think kristin kreuk but not nearly as nice. If i don't wear lots of eye make-up, my eyes look like they dissappear! people ask me if i'm ill when i venture out withour liner! I would love to be able to not wear it though!

Fabulyss said:
The most important tool is an eyelash curler. Also, try lining your bottom innerrim with white eyeliner. And never line your eyes on both the top and the bottom (especially on the inner rims)

why not the upper inner rim? i do it only on the outter upper inner rims Hope you can understand that!) and my eyes look alot bigger than they are.is that bad for my ieyes?:cry:

use highlighter on the upper/middle lid, no other eyeshadow, curl your lashes, and apply mascara. i have huge eyes so this is proof of what kind of damage liner does because it's difficult to make my eyes look small. if i put on shadow or eyeliner, my eyes don't really show up. it makes them look really dark, and you can't really FIND my eyes amongst all the black of the liner and shadow. they just become part of the shadowing.

What works best for me cause my eyes are small! I have asian eyes...what I do is use liner only on my top lids either black or dark brown after I used a lighter eyeshadow like light pink, purple, gold, or white. I also line my lower eyes with a light eyeshadow the same color as the top eyelids. Then use mascara on my eyelashes lots of it and curl them then apply a lil bit of it on my bottom lashes. You can also use fake lashes they really make my eyes appear larger. Then use a white liner on the inner corners of your eyes.

Try BadGal lash by Benefit.
i LOVE LOVE LOVE it!
couldn't live without it..

btw...does anybody know of really really good waterproof mascara for my summer holiday??? xx

I know that Avon Astonishing Lengths has a waterproof one as well as a regular.

Back to the topic-I use Avon Daring Definition mascara and then a dark green liner that is skinnily done on the top and bottom. Then add some pale green shadow.

The_Ida said:
Stop wearing lots of eyeliner would be my best advice. Oh, and curl your lashes. If you insist on wearing eyeliner, use it only in the corners of your eyes.

also, adding to the post i quoted, if you use eyelinger, you can outline the corners, and also the bottom lashline, about halfway out until the corner, and smucge slightly; then add a little whit eyeliner in the inner rim, i do top and bottom, i love the way my eyes look when i do them this way...hope this helps!:flower:

cuteshoes215 said:
use highlighter on the upper/middle lid, no other eyeshadow, curl your lashes, and apply mascara. i have huge eyes so this is proof of what kind of damage liner does because it's difficult to make my eyes look small. if i put on shadow or eyeliner, my eyes don't really show up. it makes them look really dark, and you can't really FIND my eyes amongst all the black of the liner and shadow. they just become part of the shadowing.

id like to try this cuteshoes,but i dont understand what you mean by upper middle lid...maybe you could supply a pic or a drawing or something, please? :flower:

i guess i mean highlighter on the brow bone and just mascara on the eyelashes. try it out! :smile:

Does heating your eyelash curler with the hair dryer really make that much of a difference?

My eyes are big, as it stands... I'm afraid I'd resemble a bush baby from trying any enhancements :lol:

* gratuitous animal cuteness

bushbaby.jpg

utexas.edu

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
barakz12
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->