Big Eyes?

Discussion in 'The Beauty Cupboard' started by Golden_butterfly, Feb 18, 2004.

1. Guessgirl96

Guessgirl96 New Member

Awwww... how cute! :lol:

2. Petunia

Petunia New Member

I use the cover girl marathon mascara.

3. Tatika

Tatika Member

I taught myself how to make it look like i have big eyes!!:buzz:
    sorry if this was explained by someone else, you can have the credit..:P

you buy all shimmery eyeshadows...one a warm brown, a warm, light golden color, and a champaign..you put the warm brown on all over the lid...then you put the warm gold right above the lash line, oriented at about the center of the eyelid...then the corners of teh eye, only by the tear duct you add the champaign...add a little white liner to the lower, inner rim if youd like, curl them lashes and put super dark mascara...the darkest you can find!! and...viola!! :D

i hope you all can understand this...:D

#43 Tatika, Sep 21, 2006
    Last edited by moderator : Sep 21, 2006
  4. cuteshoes215

cuteshoes215 New Member

my eyes are huge to begin with, and i got light colored contacts and found that it made them look even bigger. my eyes are naturally green and i got a blue enhancer contact.

here's the result:
    if i can find a before picture from the same angle i'll post it next to this one.
    [​IMG]

5. beautyaddict

beautyaddict New Member

The best mascara I've found for building length and volume is Fatale by Lancome. The comb applicator takes a little while to get used to, but it really gives your lashes that extra "oomph" without the crunchy feel of other mascaras.

That and a swipe of liquid liner should do the job! I agree with the earlier poster, L'Oreal Lineur Intense is a good choice, especially to practice with, since it's inexpensive.

Hope that helps!

6. TheSoCalledPrep

TheSoCalledPrep New Member

Agreed.... I'd post a pic of my eyes before and after but I've been out of the loop here so long, I don't know what the rules are on pics :flower:

7. boho_babe

boho_babe Cinematic Vision

^
    If it's your own picture feel free to post away :flower:

8. CHEAPandCHIC

CHEAPandCHIC New Member

My eyes are big anyway, but:
    Fine line of black eyeliner on lower lid, smudged
    2 coats of marcara top & bottom.
    I use Clinique eyeliner and DiorShow mascara :]

9. shoegal2183

shoegal2183 Member

Just adding my word of caution to this method......I did it quickly one time and ended up with a burn on my eyelid:doh: looked really dumb!

10. satin chic

satin chic New Member

First of all: great thread! So many useful tips..

I just bought an eyelash curler (my first!) today and will practice a little tomorrow or even tonight. I'm still trying to find the perfect eye make up for me that will make my eyes look bigger. I'm currently using beige and brown eyeshadow and lots of mascara...

11. leblue15

leblue15 Active Member

what about fake eyelashes?have you ever wear them? I was thinking of trying but Im not sure. Do they look too fake?

12. lalablossoms

lalablossoms New Member

i have big eyes but i love them super big, i 2nd the applying liquid liner only to the outer half and slightly extending the line for a soft cat eye i use yves saint laurent liner and lots of diorshow mascara both in black, i dont use eyeshadow now but when i did i used one close to my skintone but with a slight shimmer kind of a brownish golden bronze ( i'm black, but if you have light skin a golden ivory, peach, or taupe is good ) and applied to the top lid and under the bottom lashes, too much color or definition closes in the eye

#52 lalablossoms, Sep 30, 2006
    Last edited by moderator : Sep 30, 2006
  13. kisa

kisa Member

I find personally that the less makeup I wear (mascara excluded) the larger my eyes look. I figure to get a really wide eyed look I would apply some individual false eyelashes on the outer corners of my eyes, and follow it up with some light mascara, applied from as close to the base of my eyelashes as possible, and maybe some eyelash curling. For Mascara I would suggest clinique glossy for a less dramatic look, and lancome hypnose for more drama. :flower:

14. Cherrymint

Cherrymint New Member

1)Curl the lashes as close to the lash line as possible
    2)Add mascara to the lashes (black is best for me) and I recommend either Cover Girl lash exact mascara or L'oreal Volume Shocking mascara
    3)Line the waterline [on the bottom] with a white or light shimmery liner
    4)Line the top of your eyes with a black or brown liquid liner extending to just outside the corner(cat eye)
    and you're done!
    i hope this helps :]

15. Cherrymint

Cherrymint New Member

Oh! and if your eyes are irritated or red...use "clear eyes" eyedrops...it helps my eyes appear larger for some weird reason...and lets not forget the false lashes if your lashes are short!^_^

16. Bel

Bel New Member

It really depends on the shape of your eye. For some people, lining the bottom lashes makes yor eyes look smaller, but it makes mine look huge.

17. Uniquestylequeen

Uniquestylequeen New Member

Mine always look bigger if i only use mascara on my top lashes and not on the bottom.....but does anyone klnow any good mascaras for length? as my lashes are really curly, but arent very long!!

18. helen-rox

helen-rox New Member

My friend has big eyes, here is just a little something I did on her.. I think this look looks great on her beautiful big blue eyes :D I have been studying makeup artistry for the past 5 months :smile: Feedback appreciated...

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Photography and Makeup by me :smile:

19. The_Ida

The_Ida In Bloom

20. Dulcisima

Dulcisima Active Member

Ditto , eye shape defintely has its certain make up application, i could give you tips on almond shape eyes, or dark eye colour but they might not suit you cause your eye shape is different than mine, but they work perfectly for me.
    Having said that i found two links which would help
    the first link describes the eye shape type and what to avoid when applying make up etc
    http://www.webindia123.com/women/Beauty/eye/types.htm
    The second link teaches you techniques for your eye shape and how to enhance them
    http://www.eyestune.com/eye-shapes/eye-shape-change.html

my sister and I have big eyes, mine are almond and hers are more like almost rounded and far apart, what suits me doesnt suit her at all..

check out the link, but my personal tip is darker kohl in the inner upper rim of the eye and lighter kohl in the inner lower rim of the eye , either coloured or black mascara.