Big Little Lies (HBO Series)

pollyanna90

Reaction score
I loved this show! The book is wonderful as well. Nicole Kidman and Laura Dern really shined in the first season. I hope there's season 2!

I cannot believe this thread didn't receive any replies!

Miss Dalloway recommended the show to me, so I watched months later and was hooked after episode one. I thought everything was very well done, from the set locations to the storyline and even enjoyed the entire cast.

A season two has been confirmed (and Meryl Streep is set to be part of the cast)!

I know some of us posted in the 'Last tv show' thread while the first season was running, but it's great to see this one created.

I'm a bit wary to see the 2nd season. For me, the first season was just so well paced, captured, and acted that I'm not sure whether they could top it.

How will it work? Will all the characters return?

Excellent series! Looking forward to seeing Meryl Streep next season. :flower:

When season one was over and there were rumors of a second season, I swore I wouldn't watch it because I thought Big Little Lies was better off as the perfect limited series that it was. But how can I say no to this stellar returning cast + Meryl Streep :ninja:

I loved this series. I had read the book before, I can't imagine what will happen in the second season but I already wanna see it.

I have been meaning to watch this show for a while and now I finally managed to get around to it.
I loved it, it was such a good show. Perry is obviously the villain of the story but Alex played him so well in my opinion. And I don't think I would've loved Madeline so much if someone else played her, Reese is so good.
I can't wait for season two, this show was beyond my expectations.

I really loved the book, so was excited about the TV series. It was interesting to see how they took it from an Australian town to an American town and it was pretty well done. I'm looking forward to season two, especially not knowing what's going to happen (unlike season one).

Alright... so who has been watching Season Two? I am absolutely hooked and think Meryl Streep is a superb addition to the cast, she really is a phenomenal actress. Just caught up on Episode Four and I laughed, gasped.... everything. Brilliant show!

Alright... so who has been watching Season Two? I am absolutely hooked and think Meryl Streep is a superb addition to the cast, she really is a phenomenal actress. Just caught up on Episode Four and I laughed, gasped.... everything. Brilliant show!

Are we on the same level as the yanks because I know sometimes they are a few episodes ahead. It's probably time for me to catch up now that there's more than 3 episodes.

Are we on the same level as the yanks because I know sometimes they are a few episodes ahead. It's probably time for me to catch up now that there's more than 3 episodes.

Not too sure about Sky Atlantic, I downloaded it online so I can view it the day after (or same day as) America.

Not too sure about Sky Atlantic, I downloaded it online so I can view it the day after (or same day as) America.

I'm just about up to date now, and the 4th episode will air tomorrow evening.
But wow, Meryl Streep's performance left me speechless. All of it. Definitely the highlight for me so far. Especially when she's passive-aggressively dragging Reese - 'You're very short. I find little people to be untrustworthy' :rofl::rofl:
I've also softened towards Zoe's character this time around - I probably have the most sympathy for her. Laura Dern's, on the other hand, is annoying and borderline unnecessary.

There are some excessively schmaltzy bits though - the ethereal dancing on the beach on their own, the haziness, the shot of all 5 walking. It's like a fancy soap opera.

Season 1 was spectacular. The perfect mix of indulgent, playful intrigue and serious, moving performances (two scenes in particular stand out - both Reese’s - her at the piano talking with her daughter about the sensation of your kids growing up, and the scene where she tells her same daughter about her infidelity...both wrenching scenes of such nuance and truth...some of the finest acting I have seen).

Season 1 was also such a strong story - each character’s arch was intrinsically tied to the others and therefore the resolution was so intensely satisfying.

Season 2, however, was an absolute start-to-finish disaster. A glorified soap opera of unlikable characters and not a single redeeming plot line.

A third (and long-overdue) season is coming, according to Nicole Kidman:

Reactions: KoV
Can't wait. Hard to believe it's already been over 4 years since the second season!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->