Bill Georgoussis - Photographer

iperlchen

daisy in my lazy eye
Reaction score
Bill Georgoussis was born in 1965 in Melbourne, Australia, to Greek parents, and studied photography and film-making in Australia (R.M.I.T.). Since 1985 he has been working in the U.K. and in Greece as a fashion and advertising photographer, living permanently in London. He has cooperated with numerous magazines and international fashion houses. Georgoussis is the art director of fashion designer Sophia Kokosalaki’s shows. His photographs convey a sense of film narration, resembling more film stills than photographs. His use of colour and lighting avoid any exaggeration. Georgoussis steers clear from fashion stereotypes, still managing, however, to remain contemporary on the level of style and content.
[photocircle.gr]

2_georgioussis_3.jpg

[Exit Magazine]

I love when he shoots in b&w, with minimalistic geometric compositions and notable shadows.

Magazine: Amica

feht1z.jpg

feht9k.jpg

fehtg2.jpg

[d-tales.gr]

Magazine: Amica
Model: Ana Nocon

fehuyx.jpg

fehv75.jpg

fehv8m.jpg

[d-tales.gr]

thanks for posting these, perlefine. i love the umbrella images, you described his qualities beautifully:heart:

i have one of my wordless days.

The ones with the umbrellas are my favorites too. You can create such awesome structures and shapes with umbrellas :woot: And of course the shadows. I love playing around with those things ^_^

Oh oh oh!
Thank you for posting these perlefine:heart:
I have this thing for umbrellas... honestly, I'm not sure what it is, but something about them has always really appealed to me; their shapes, and the way they look when people hold them. I get so excited when I see such incredible photographs where they've been used. And you were dead-on about the shadows... oooh I love it...

Those pictures with the umbrellas are breathtaking!

I'm gonna jump on the umbrella bandwagon :lol: . . . I love those images and the contrast of the blacks, greys, and whites is great. Plus he is Greek like me so all the more reason to like him! :P

thanks perle:heart: very nice - love the contrast and shadows,
+ the pictures would look beautiful very big and as thumbnails as well

Bumping this thread.

Magazine / Amica IT
Model / Svieta Nemkova
Title / Leggero Fresco

v4b0pf.jpg

v4b2a9.jpg
v4b2c0.jpg

v4b0wp.jpg

[D-Tales]

Black and white is so classic - the look never goes out of style - no matter what you do, bw always looks fantastic :woot: :D

I'm so glad we have this thread, it brings beauty to my boring day! Breathtaking and "fragile" work.

Just beautiful, the umbrella and balloon pictures are my favourites.:woot:

*bump*

Too bad I always fail to catch his editorials in Amica! :(

10 Magazine
10sophia01zn8.jpg

10sophia02zr7.jpg

10sophia03bn8.jpg

10sophia04kz5.jpg

10sophia05ei4.jpg

Source: D-Tales

^Thankyou iperlchen!:flower: I had been hoping to see something new from him for some time. I really like those pictures above, very soft and beautiful.:heart:

magazine: Amica Italy February 2010
editorial: Sintesi di Stile
photographer: Bill Georgoussis
styling: Giulia Bassi
model: Mina Cvetkovic.

scanned by blackangel41999

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amywhiffen