Black Fingernails

Strawberry_

Reaction score
I used to think black nail polish was tacky but Im seeing models like Snejana and Coco wear it a lot..... and it looks good on them

what do you think? yea or nay?

CocoRochaHarpersBazaarsept10.jpg

I think they look good when you wear darker colored clothing as compared to bright ones.

Just don't wear them with an all black outfit together with black eyeliner and black dyed hair (especially if you are blonde) unless you want to look like a goth.

I like it when its on short nails and its not all chippd and nasty!

I like it, I wear black nailpolish (on short nails) sometimes

I loved black nail polish a few seasons ago. Now I find that everyone from pre-teens to more mature women have their nails painted black.

So I think it is time to move on to polish that still is dark but not necessarily black, like Chanel's Les Vernis #483 Vendetta, a deep eggplant shade.

So I think it is time to move on to polish that still is dark but not necessarily black, like Chanel's Les Vernis #483 Vendetta, a deep eggplant shade.
took the words straight out of my mouth, right down to the exact alternative i had in mind. B)

i don't like black nail polish because i think it emphasizes any redness in the fingers. especially when you're pale like Coco.

I think it has been over done. I like dark colours, but when every other person has black-painted nails, something a bit different stands out more.

I loved black nail polish a few seasons ago. Now I find that everyone from pre-teens to more mature women have their nails painted black.

People have been wearing shades like this for a while now too though...
Dark shades have been popular for a few seasons now, not only black.

I like black, and dark colors. Only on short, un-chipped nails though.

People have been wearing shades like this for a while now too though...
Dark shades have been popular for a few seasons now, not only black.

I like black, and dark colors. Only on short, un-chipped nails though.

I totally agree. Maybe it is a trend, but more of a broad, several-year-long trend. Black has been a commonly acceptable color for years now. Like Lucinda said other dark colors have been in the mix too (I think thanks to the popularity of black). For instance navy, extremely dark purple, steely dark grey, dark brown (I don't mean brownish red, but I guess that's there too), etc. Usually you see them in non-shimmery shades.

Speaking of this trend, I just bought Revlon's "hot for chocolate" nail polish and it's a lot darker painted on than it looks in the bottle. you can barely tell that it's brown and not black.

yeah it seems that dark colors are the norm in nail trends these days..

Iwear Chanel blue satin most of the time, it's so dark it looks almost black anyway!

Strawberry_, please credit your image as per tFS guidelines. Thank you :flower:

I've always liked it.

Only on short nails though. I actually hate all long nails no matter what colour.

I've always liked it.

Only on short nails though. I actually hate all long nails no matter what colour.

Same here! I even hate the "natural" look of nails that are those fake french mani things. I got them put on once out of curiosity and I felt like a monster with claws!

same with me. i can't have my nails long ever. and when i see really long nails on people (mostly those fake nails) i cringe.

i love it, and i am actually a massive fan of the 'goth' look also, when done correctly, by say...dita von teese? daisy lowe?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPepic
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->