Black Phoenix Alchemy Lab

Discussion in 'The Beauty Cupboard' started by longlegsue, Aug 31, 2004.

1. i_<3_chanel

i_<3_chanel elementary.

are these v.strong ?
    & do they last ? :flower:

2. Hanne

Hanne Storm & Sommer

#22 Hanne, Sep 4, 2005
    Last edited by moderator ksnodgress: Sep 4, 2005
  3. Orchide

Orchide Been things & seen places

You will love Perversion! Beth's leather oils are fab- De Sade is pretty much like the leather single note- Whip is rose w/ leather, Juke Joint is a whisky drink...etc. etc. wheeeee :P
    IheartChanel, they are strong b/c there is no carrier oil to diffuse them- a little goes a long ways and they smell so much better imo :blush:
    HBoogie, you will love those- excellent choices- good job :flower:

4. palyxa

palyxa New Member

I was drooling just reading all the descriptions and reviews. There are so many I'd love to try.

5. HBoogie

HBoogie Procrastinator.

I know! Between the descriptions and the forum reviews, I could spend hours looking through that site. I actually feel like I learn something new about myth or folklore every time I go there. :lol: The whole presentation is just superb.

6. palyxa

palyxa New Member

That, or you'll turn into a depraved sex fiend full of pheromones, howling at the moon and beating the one you love. God, I felt dirty after reading some of the descriptions. In a good way, of course.:innocent:

7. Sephora_Socialite

Sephora_Socialite Fierce Flava

^ Yeah...but its pretty right on those "dirty" descriptions though... like Dorian...whooo I smell like I had tea with a hot gent and took advantage of him .HAHAHA

I just went to the Black Broom and smelled every bottle :buzz: I had so much fun there....I brought my lil half brothers to help me pick out some and the lil one is hillarious with his descriptions (this smells like pixie stick and my foot deoderant!:blink: )

Sad they were running low on their stock... I would have bought more:rolleyes:

Bought Dracul since I miss the boyfriend already...and I've never tried it before on me (just stalked him for his scent:P ) and I didn't know it smells wonderful on me :D ...It's less dark of a scent on me...I can smell more of the orange blossom than I can on the future hubby(don't tell him I said that..the hubby part....I have to tell him that yet...he doesn't know :innocent: :lol: ).

I also got Dragon's Tears... I was just curious, it smelled okay in the bottle so I put it on my arm and walked around the store...then I took a whiff after it dried for 10 minutes and it was instant :heart: It's a sweet floral I can't quite place and then the very earthy incense like dragons blood smell.... but not very strong...it's one of those scents that you catch only if you're very close to me... Hey, this can be a way to flirt :rofl:

BTW, HBoogie the choices you got sound wonderful! Plenty of them are on my list :flower: I liked the Snake Oil alot (but they didn't have at the store:( ) and I'm in love with O...

I am going to order imps this weekend for my older brother ^_^ I got him really curious when he saw me with vials. So I slathered him with Dracul and sent him off to the clubs...I think he liked it...I saw him tinkering with my bottle when he was getting ready to go out this morning :lol:

OKAY! Jade needs to lay off the sugar (or sniffing BPAL oils) :bounce:

#27 Sephora_Socialite, Sep 12, 2005
    Last edited by moderator : Sep 12, 2005
  8. Sephora_Socialite

YAAAAY :clap: I just found out about a Limited Edition A Demon in My View based on Edgar Allen Poes poems :heart:

I'm really curious on how these smell like...I love some of these poems so a scent that embodies it would be pretty interesting.

All of them sound nice, but I'm particularly curious about....

Annabel Lee ( A soft, innocent blend, touched with a funereal, gloom-filled air: wild peony, sweet pea, cucumber and white sage with sea lilies and moss.)

Alone (A hectic, frenzied pinpoint in desolation: booming, bleak, and dark with the horror of loneliness and reluctant solitude. Patchouli and cardamom with bright mandarin, labdanum, muguet, red sandalwood, angelica and gardenia.)

Two of my favorite poems of Poe and both have notes I'm fond of. ^_^

9. Orchide

Ooh goody! You went by and got some oils :heart: Dracul and Dragon's Tears...a good combo it sounds like!
    I have never tried Dragon's Tears- I bet its good- I really like Dragon's Milk, Dragon's Hide and Dragon's Heart so the tears must add a watery, aqua quality I am thinking...let me know...even though your descriptions are pretty thorough, thanks for sharing SS :flower:

ps-
    we posted at the same time :P just saw your above post...yes, alot of the Poe ones are grabbing me as well!
    I have been wearing Hexxanacht lately- wore it to a party last night- guys love this one on me- I had 3 completely different guys ask who smelled so good :innocent: and then they kept sniffing me...I went to dinner with one of them tonight :lol:
    BTW, Hexxanacht was a Limited Ed.- maybe Beth will bring it back at some point- I got it around May Day- it literally translates to "night of hexing" and it smells of a german forest with bonfires and revellers dancing and smell of skin...on me, its sweet like flowers and herbs and fir trees with a smokiness and bit of skin musk behind that...lovely :heart:

#29 Orchide, Sep 12, 2005
    Last edited by moderator : Sep 12, 2005
  10. palyxa

palyxa New Member

I'd love to try Annabel Lee, but you can't get an imp of it and there are no reviews yet. Think I'll wait a few months, but I'll end up trying it out anyway.

11. Orchide

There never are imps offered for Limiteds...just make sure you get it before it goes away. The thing about Limiteds is that if it doesn't work for you, you can always swap it or sell it on the BPAL forum, limiteds are like gold :P and you can always sell it on Ebay...you certainly would not have a problem getting your money or an oil you like in exchange is all I am saying... :innocent: such the enabler, I am :lol:

12. Sephora_Socialite

The Tears has a bit more of a salty aquatic smell...I think thats what tones down the dragons blood resin and makes it less prominent compared to the other Ars Draconis oils.

Hmm hexxanacht...I can almost picture Wiccan Winter Solstice meetings in the mountains...the lake with the pine smells beautiful.... The Hexxanacht sounds lovely and duh, it must be for some guys to ask about it ^_^ I hope the dinner went well :P

I had people smelling me today and saying I smelled unique... one of my friends said though "I would not put something on me called Dracul..how creepy" so I told her ''Wait until I order a scent called Embalming Fluid." :lol:

13. Orchide

With me, I keep the names to myself and when complimented, I just say its a hand-blended oil and leave it at that :innocent:
    One of my favorites is Sacred wh*re of Babylon and I am not gonna tell people that one :lol: plus I like wearing something exclusive and different.
    Sacred wh*re is based off an ancient recipe- its like a spicier Snake Oil with gardenias :heart: vanilla, spice and gardenias- my favorite things all together even though some don't care for gardenias but I am from Louisiana so I love them- pretty heady too- so just need a bit to smell divine-
    This oil cause the mailman to ask me to stick my hand in the payment slot so he could sniff me better :wink:

14. Sephora_Socialite

:rofl: Crazay mailman....

Yes the Sacred wh*re of Babylon does smell good! I took a sniff at the shop... the name was what compelled me to open the bottle. :lol:

I might consider a bottle down the line...but right now I need to order Perversion :heart: and those Poe oils

15. Orchide

I am gonna wait a little bit on the Poe oils as they are here til January...I really want the Pumpkin patch set- it costs $80 for all 5- my friend sniffed the base for all five and she said it is creamy and spicy :woot:
    These plus the Devils Night and Samhain are going to be my next purchase along with the lunar oil :blush: sounds like alot but I figure its best to order them all together and pay less with shipping.
    The lunar oil is only sold for a 24 hour period online on the full moon.
    It goes "live" on the 17th which is in 5 days...I need to somehow come up with enough money to get the Pumpkin Patch, those 2 Halloween LE's and the lunar oil before then... :innocent:

16. palyxa

palyxa New Member

Hmmmm...I may be able to afford the hike in tuition afterall ** images of perfume oil pyramid scheme dancing through head **:innocent:

17. Sephora_Socialite

Waaa what does the lunar one smell like? :woot: Interesting that its only on the full moon.

18. Orchide

it a different one each month- this next one will be sold this week is called:
    Upcoming Moons

May: Flower Moon / Available April 24
    June: Strawberry Moon / Available May 23
    July: Buck Moon / Available June 22
    August: Fruit Moon / Available July 21
    September: Harvest Moon / Available August 19
    October: Blood Moon / Available September 18
    November: Beaver Moon / Available October 17
    December: Snow Moon / Available November 16

January: Holiday Moon / Available December 15
    February: Budding Moon / Available January 14
    March: Sleepy Moon / Available February 13
    April: Peony Moon / Available March 14
    May: Dragon Moon / Available April 13
    June: Lotus Moon / Available May 13
    July: Hungry Ghost Moon / Available June 11

19. palyxa

palyxa New Member

I admit, when I read that, I imagined Beavis goin "huh huh huh...huh...huh"

mmm that one sounds good, are there descriptions for these yet?

20. i_<3_chanel

i_<3_chanel elementary.

i'm so desperate to try these ! :heart: :buzz:
    but yr all confusing me w/all these names
    i don't know where to start :wacko: !

#40 i_<3_chanel, Sep 13, 2005
    Last edited by moderator : Sep 13, 2005