Black Phoenix Alchemy Lab

Discussion in 'The Beauty Cupboard' started by longlegsue, Aug 31, 2004.

1. palyxa

palyxa New Member

Try this site chanel :smile:heart: your name btw)

http://www.bpal.org

It has reviews of most of their scents. But be warned, you may end up wanting more after reading how yummy they are :lol:

2. i_<3_chanel

i_<3_chanel elementary.

i know !
    you guys are making them all sound too gd ! :lol:
    thankyou :flower:

3. Sephora_Socialite

Sephora_Socialite Fierce Flava

I have a list with scents I'm curious about and haven't smelled. Mind you, I went to the Black Broom that has about 90 or so oils which I all took a sniff of and even then I didn't get my fill and I still have 30 or so left on the curiousity list. :P Soooo I know what you mean...I just wanted to find a few scents to rotate and I'm ending up with a long list that is ever expanding...and knowing me...I will get at least get imps of everything :blush:

#43 Sephora_Socialite, Sep 14, 2005
    Last edited by moderator : Sep 14, 2005
  4. Hanne

Hanne Storm & Sommer

Ditto...unfortunately it seems like BPAL's e-bay thingy isn't up and running..I'd rather order from them that from others..and it's the only way since the site itself only ships to the states :(

5. Hanne

Hanne Storm & Sommer

I made a list of all the ones I like the sound of (way too many)

Dana O'Shee
    Alice
    White Rabbit
    Veil
    Milk Moon (too bad you can't get imps of limited editions :( )
    Yggdrasil
    Vinland
    Fenris Wolf
    Midnight
    Pele
    Has no Hanna (I like the name :lol: )
    Machu Picchu
    Old Shanghai
    Tomato Leaf (Single note)
    Dorian
    O
    Le Petit Mort
    Follow Me Boy
    Snake Oil
    Undertow

And there are just as many that I have marked as "maybe" oils :ninja:

Any of the above that you have tried that are bad Orchide ?

6. Orchide

Orchide Been things & seen places

Well, Hanne :flower: I with perfumes try to be extra democratic- perfume is so very personal you know?
    So, all is very well-made but differs from one body to the next...especially since they lack carrier oils- the scent becomes what it will dependent on who you are and how your skin chemistry works.
    From your list, I especially love the highlighted ones-
    Dana O'Shee
    Alice
    White Rabbit

Veil
    Milk Moon (too bad you can't get imps of limited editions )
    Yggdrasil
    Vinland
    Fenris Wolf
    Midnight
    Pele
    Has no Hanna (I like the name )
    Machu Picchu
    Old Shanghai
    Tomato Leaf (Single note)
    Dorian
    O
    Le Petit Mort
    Follow Me Boy
    Snake Oil

Undertow
    great picks!

They just announced that locally there is a "will-call" at Black Broom on the lunar day- which will be on Sunday from 12-4 pm this week.
    This is the announcement Beth posted-
    you would like to place an order for pick-up on Harvest Moon, please do the following:

Email us at [email protected] with your order. Payment may be remitted by PayPal ahead of time to [email protected], or you can pay at Pick Up with cash or using one of our computers as a PayPal terminal. When making your payment, please omit shipping charges. You may purchase any current catalogue oils for Will Call pick up on that day with the exception of the following:

All Halloween LE’s
    All ‘A Demon In My View’ LE’s
    All Pumpkin Patch oils
    Baneberry
    Black Hellebore
    The Hamptons
    Jazz Funeral
    Lurid
    Shadow Witch Orchid
    Twenty-One

We will do our best to accommodate all orders of 5mls and imps, but sales will be based on availability. Imp Packs will be available, but we would prefer that, if you are going to purchase imps, you pre-order them so we can expedite the process. In all cases, its probably best to pre-order anyway, so we can make sure we have the oils allotted, or will be able to tell you beforehand if we’re out of stock. You get the gist.

At this time, we cannot accept checks, money orders, or credit card payments for WC.

Will call will be open from 12pm-4pm on Sunday, September 18th.

Please direct all questions to [email protected].

The Will Call address is:

5042 Vineland Ave
    North Hollywood, CA 91601

… and unfortunately, since we cannot handle direct sales at this time outside of the Lunacy Days, we cannot accommodate anyone coming by at any other time of the month. There’s really no easy way to put it… but we don’t have the staff at this time, and as much as we love hanging out, there’s too much work to be done during the week. We hope to be able to expand the Will Call option in the future, but there’s no way its going to happen until at least the middle of 2006. Thanks for understanding!

I placed my order through email and will be there to pick it up sunday- maybe I will see you Sephora? If you want Perversion or Snake Oil, now is the time to email them that order... :innocent:

7. Hanne

Hanne Storm & Sommer

Thank you Orchide.. I envy your ability to get to sniff these oils in advance.. I guess I need to sent them an e-mail asking them when their ebay will be back up and running..

8. Orchide

Well, I think they always have a few ebay auctions running truth be told...what kind of scents are you most drawn to?

9. Hanne

Hanne Storm & Sommer

My bad..they do ship internationally..I guess I was tired last time I was looking at the site :doh:

The scents I'm mostly drawn to..hum..I'm rather bad at identifying scents I think..

But I had a look at the perfumes I have and there seems to be a pattern of floral orientals (light orientals) and fruity florals.

I like

Hiris by Hermes
    Top Notes: Orange blossom, rose, coriander seed
    Heart Notes: White iris, black iris, cedarwood
    Base Notes: Vanilla, ambrette seed, almond wood

Baby Touch by Burberry
    Top Notes: Verbena, Wild Spearmint, Rhubarb Jelly, Mandarin and Orange Zest
    Heart Notes: Oranger flower, Lily of the Valley, Jasmine, Cyclamen
    B
    ase Notes: Vanilla, Milky Mist, Tree Moss

Which is why I'm drawn to Dana O'Shee, Alice, White Rabbit, Milk Moon I guess...I :heart: Baby Touch but it doesn't last very long on me as it is a baby perfume :(

Intuition by Estee Lauder
    Fragrance Notes: Citrus and Florals, Amber? with lower notes of sweet woods and vanilla

Amarige by Givenchy
    Top Notes: Mandarin, neroli, violet leaves, rosewood
    Heart Notes: Gardenia, red fruits, ylang-ylang, acacia farnesiana, mimosa
    Base Notes: Musk, vanilla, tonka bean, woods, ambergris

Happy by Clinique
    Top Notes: Ruby red grapefruit, mandarin blossom, citrus, mountain laurel
    Heart Notes: Boysenberry bush flower, morning dew orchid
    Base Notes: Mimosa blossom, white lily, magnolia

Lauren by Ralph Lauren
    Top Notes: Wild marigold, greens, rosewood, pineapple
    Heart Notes: Bulgarian rose, lilac, violet, jasmine, lily of the valley, cyclamen
    Base Notes: Cedarwood, oakmoss, sandalwood, vetiver, carnation

and I used to love (but gotten a bit tired of)

Beautiful by Estee Lauder
    Top Notes: Bergamot, galbanum, lemon, cassie, fruits
    Heart Notes: Rose, ylang-ylang, lilac, violet, lily of the valley, carnation, sage, geranium, rose violet, narcissus, orange blossom, mimosa, marigold, freesia, chamomile, tuberose, jasmine, neroli, jonquil, magnolia
    Base Notes: Sandalwood, vetiver, musk, vanilla, cedarwood

Anais Anais by Cacharel
    Top Notes: White Madonna lily, black currant bud, hyacinth, lily of the valley, citrus
    Heart Notes: Moroccan jasmine, Grasse rose, Floretine iris, Madagascar ylang-ylang, orange blossom, Bourbon vetiver, California cedarwood, Singapore patchouli, Yugoslavian oakmoss
    Base Notes: Russian leather, musk

and Cabotine by Gres
    Top Notes: Orange blossom, tangerine, ylang-ylang, peach, plum, greens, cassie, coriander
    Heart Notes: Ginger lily, iris, hyacinth, tuberose, rose, carnation, jasmine, heliotrope
    Base Notes: Sandalwood, black currant bud, musk, vanilla, amber, cedarwood, civet, vetiver, tonka bean

So basically, vanilla, amber, citrusy, milky, oakmossy, slightly woody scents..

I don't like too musky perfumes, nor chocolaty ones like Angel

#49 Hanne, Sep 15, 2005
    Last edited by moderator ksnodgress: Sep 15, 2005
  10. Sephora_Socialite

Possibly. I do really want to get some oils...but Sunday :unsure: I really don't know. I might be at my boyfriends brothers in Malibu ( that sounds a bit odd, but were friends....I swear I'm a good girl! :lol: ) That would be great to run into you though :woot: We can wax poetic about oils we like and boys we like. :P

11. Orchide

I placed my order yesterday and will be there probably around 1-ish to pick it up :D

12. Sephora_Socialite

^ So we pay in cash when we pick up at will call then? I'm going to place an order for the moon oil I think tonight. I'm looking on whether I can swing by or not. :unsure: I hope I can because I do want to order some things.

13. aquamarine

aquamarine New Member

I got my first two oils from ebay (both limited editions) today!

I have Chaste Moon and The Living Flame... I :heart: them! Especially Chaste Moon, so yummy!

14. Orchide

Oh those are both lovely ones- good job ^_^
    I know- Chaste Moon is a fave of mine too- so creamy and soft.

15. Pegged Wrong

Pegged Wrong New Member

I'm so obsessed with BPAL I never even wear commercial perfume anymore. I'm so addicted. I had no idea there were more of me on TFS.
    *warm fuzzies*

16. Orchide

I got my will call oils from today- this is what I got-
    I wrote this on another forum and am just pasting it here cause I am lazy ^_^

I just got back a bit ago from will-call at Bpal and wanted to share that Harvest Moon is fuggin' amazing :woot:
    It reminds me of Hamadryad with way toned down cinnamon and a splash of Perversion winey sweetness and a dash of Aunt Caroline's Joy Mojo...heavenly-
    Everyone will love this one!
    It is pure autumn- woodsy, fresh light herbs with wine that is sheer and aquatic...mmmm.... :heart:
    I also was lucky enough to get an imp of the precious Patchouli special batch- that is the aged one they had a limited amount of...it is a deep golden color and so thick, it is practically gelatinous :blush:
    It is soooo intoxicating and heady upon first sniff- after a few minutes, it reminds me of Lush Tramp shower gel alot and if the smell could be a color, it would be emerald green...go Thomas B)
    I got a bottle of Vechernyaya which I love as it is the definitive musk scent for me Light lovely and a hint of poppies hovering somewhere in there but gorgeous musk...I am a happy girl.
    just wanted to give a lil review as I am never on these threads but wanted y'all to know how beyond scrummy these :flower:

ps- the lunar oil for the next moon is Blood Moon and is still available online on their site for ordering under Limited Editions until midnight US west coast time- 3 1/2 more hours from now :innocent:

#56 Orchide, Sep 18, 2005
    Last edited by moderator : Sep 18, 2005
  17. Spacemiu

Spacemiu New Member

These all sound amazing!! I love the mythical/spiritual, gothic inspirations.:heart:

I have a hard time finding scents I like , but these sound great. I think I mighnt get a sampler.

Have any of you tried Dee? I like the sound of that.

I 'll have to go check all of these out once I come back to LA...

18. Hanne

Hanne Storm & Sommer

Orchide I noticed BPAL has made a Snow White 2005 LE ..but I only found reviews for Snow White ( is Snow White 2005 the same or different from Snow White ?)

19. Hanne

Hanne Storm & Sommer

BPAL ships internationally now!!!! :woot:

20. Orchide

^ Hanne, they always have shipped internationally :wink:
    I helped them last Yule with pouring oils and getting the orders out- Snow White is divine-- you can only get it this time of year b/c one of the flowers is only harvested once a year- so lovely :heart:
    I am going to be placing a huge Yule order next week when I get paid.
    Rose Red is a fave of mine as well- the new one Peacock Queen and Stardust I will need to own in addition to ones I have tried before- a good combo is gingerbread poppet layered with Rose Red :smile: