Blackheads

^Did your impurities/blemishes/whatever seem to rise to the surface before they disappeared or did they just go away? I feel like the bumps are slightly more noticeable, but that may be due to my paying even closer attention. I hope I'm not irritating my skin further and bound to regret straying from the methods I've been using. I think I like this so far, but haven't been doing it long enough to have made a decision.

They seemed to get a tiny bit bigger first. Probably because the brush exfoliates so it is more exposed. I also got more spots (that have now gone), but that could also be because of my period.

noses: stubborn grease traps

Well, I've been meaning to try a product called "Pure Pores" by Joey New York. I hear it's quite effective but I'm a little apprehensive to try names I've never heard of. Especially when they are called things like "Joey New York".

I can understand you wanting to go a more manly root (respect) so you will be happy to know that the bottle is a plain, unisex-y blue and white.

They seemed to get a tiny bit bigger first. Probably because the brush exfoliates so it is more exposed. I also got more spots (that have now gone), but that could also be because of my period.

I started using my bodyshop brush again, I clean it first with a foaming cleanser. I also put some benzyl peroxide on it. My forehead seems to be loving it, and my nose too, but my chin not so much. It's covered in lots of little slighty red lumps. Will they go away? My chin has always had the most blackheads on my face...I notice that the blackheads are coming to the surface. I just...hope they go away. I've been good and haven't squeezed but I don't want to make my problem permanently worse...:ninja:

I started using my bodyshop brush again, I clean it first with a foaming cleanser. I also put some benzyl peroxide on it. My forehead seems to be loving it, and my nose too, but my chin not so much. It's covered in lots of little slighty red lumps. Will they go away? My chin has always had the most blackheads on my face...I notice that the blackheads are coming to the surface. I just...hope they go away. I've been good and haven't squeezed but I don't want to make my problem permanently worse...:ninja:

I haven't had any red lumps, then again I am using different products to you (4% glycolic acid gel face wash for oily skin) and I put the cleanser onto the brush and then wash my face with the brush. Without the cleanser in the brush it feels rougher to me. Maybe you're irritating your skin with the benzoyl peroxide, the brush, or a mixture of the two. Sorry I can't be of any more help, but those are the only things I can think of seeing as I haven't experienced your problem.

My forehead is still loving it, it hasn't been this clear for YEARS. I use benzoyl peroxide anyway so that's not the issue..it's calming down now. I'm just going to stick with it for another month because if my forehead keeps up like this I can do a peel and get perfectly clear skin really soon...which is super exciting.

I started using Essential Balm from Decleor. It has cleared my skin up! Not that there was much to clear up, but I had some stubborn blackheads on my nostrils (actually the nose area in general). And they are almost invisible after one week. I have had them for years.

Well, I've been meaning to try a product called "Pure Pores" by Joey New York. I hear it's quite effective but I'm a little apprehensive to try names I've never heard of. Especially when they are called things like "Joey New York".

I can understand you wanting to go a more manly root (respect) so you will be happy to know that the bottle is a plain, unisex-y blue and white.

one time i found some of that stuff from Joey New York in my cousins bathroom.. i dont know if its good but she seems so like it. i dont know if it was for blackheads though.

Avene Cleanance K helped me to get rid of almost all blackheads, i still have some on my nose, but they don't wanna disappear.:doh:

Last edited by a moderator:
No product will completely rid your skin of blackheads. I use the best skincare brands available and my nose still gets them. All you need is an extractor tool to get them out, and remember to extract only after cleansing and exfoliating and while your skin is still warm so it's easier for the sh*t to come out. I recommend wearing gloves while performing extractions because of contamination that could be on your fingers (even if you just washed them) and always using some witch hazel or mild astringent afterwards on the area to deep cleanse the pores.

Sorry to gross anyone out, but what about blackheads on the back?

Where could I find a blackhead extractor? Could the dermatologist do it too?

No product will completely rid your skin of blackheads. I use the best skincare brands available and my nose still gets them. All you need is an extractor tool to get them out, and remember to extract only after cleansing and exfoliating and while your skin is still warm so it's easier for the sh*t to come out. I recommend wearing gloves while performing extractions because of contamination that could be on your fingers (even if you just washed them) and always using some witch hazel or mild astringent afterwards on the area to deep cleanse the pores.
NEVER EVER extract blackheads. It will make your pores bigger, and dirt will get in much easier than before. You will just get more blackheads in the long run.

There are products that can minimize blackheads.

Sorry to gross anyone out, but what about blackheads on the back?

Where could I find a blackhead extractor? Could the dermatologist do it too?

I believe that a dermatologist or an aesthetician can extract the blackheads for you, and I'd recommend that for the ones on your back. You can buy a blackhead extractor and I just bought one at Ulta. If you don't have a local Ulta or if you don't like to shop online, I'm sure that you can find it at your local beauty supply shops. :flower:

I haven't tried it yet, but it's better that you use a tool as you can damage your skin and aggravate the problem if you're a squeezer. I'm a squeezer myself so I hope that this tool will help me change that!

1901358hy5.jpg

ulta.com

Okay, here is an update on The Body Shop facial brush. I have really stubborn blackheads on my nose. I have been using the brush for almost four months now and I have seen no difference in the number or size of blackheads on my nose. :( I don't think it is going to work on them at all.

don't even get me started on picking... the worst is if you don't care for your skin for a few days (like sleeping with makeup on) and the blackheads start to get big and irresistable to pick, then you have a picking frenzy making it all worse and red... arghhhhh.

the best thing is just to wash your face every night, use toner if you're feeling clogged, then moisturize. in the morning, don't wash with soap, just rinse with warm water and use light moisturizer before makeup. once a week, use a gentle scrub and do a clay mask, then moisturize like mad.

when zits or blackheads emerge, JUST IGNORE THEM-- don't look in the mirror closely. when plucking eyebrows-- and this is my shaky point where i'm like 2 cm from my skin and sooo tempted to pick-- use you're powers of will and DON'T PICK!!!

Ok, i will read this over an over again and learn my lesson, thanks to last week's big red mark on my face!!!

NEVER EVER extract blackheads. It will make your pores bigger, and dirt will get in much easier than before. You will just get more blackheads in the long run.

There are products that can minimize blackheads.

!? Like what? no product can really get rid of blackheads and it's just gross to only minimize them. You need to get the junk out. When I get facials,that's what they do as well.

!? Like what? no product can really get rid of blackheads and it's just gross to only minimize them. You need to get the junk out. When I get facials,that's what they do as well.
It's not gross to minimize them - that means that there is less (dunno if it's the right word) tallow. Pores produce tallow, that's what they do. When tallow oxidizes (come out to the surface of the skin because the pores produce too much), it turns black - there you have your blackheads. There really is no such thing as dirt (I missed the word tallow in my previous post) in your pores...because it's filled with tallow. Some produce more tallow than others, obviously.

When you extract blackheads, no matter how you do it, it expands the pores. And that is inviting blackheads right back in. Because when you remove the tallow, it produces even more to "fill the gap" - so to speak.

And yes, there are products that can minimize blackheads. I have tried one myself with great succes.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yams Yamborghini
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"