Blackheads

pink - let me know what it is!!!

contrary to other opinions.... exfoliating has cleared up blackheads alone for myself and my husband i just heard from my dermatologist that the st ives tears your skin apart! so I stopped.....

I went to the dermatologist and was more focused on my acne but I also asked about my blackheads I thought I had. You know those tiny black spots in your huge pores. Well I wanted that soft porcelain looking skin and my dermatologist like always gave me tetracycline, nomlands lotion(an alcohol drying agent) Benzoyl peroxide, Retin-A, and some lotion. Obviously this is too much for my face to handle. What I was wondering is she stated what I thought were blackheads is considered "shadowing" and that is genetic and can't be fixed. Does anyone know about this? :cry:

:blink: no never heard about it! what's the difference with blackheads?

St. Ives now makes an apricot scrub specifically for blemishes and blackheads. While I still do get spots every once in awhile, it has cleared my blackheads up tremendously.

^ Does it really? :huh: I have some at my house. I use Proactiv and that doesn't get rid of blackheads.

Do you think I should try it by applying it to my nose ONLY? :flower:

It works well for me! The only way I could remove blackheads from my nose (prior to using this) was through extraction, which always left my nose red for nearly the entire day afterward. Not to mention it can get kind of painful and gross. I really only put it on my nose because I've always heard how St. Ives' is really rough, so I try not to use it on my entire face frequently unless I'm desperately in need of exfoliation. Just steam the area a bit before you apply it, that should help make it work better. I noticed a change in my blackheads within a couple of days, to be honest. :flower:

This is the only product that works for me (oily skin)
Triple Action Organic Scrub - Acne-it's a miracle product.

product_image.php

picture from: sonyadakar.com

Does anyone notice that during/after being sick, having a cold where you blow your nose and Blood comes out..anyone see more blackheads than usual in the creases of your nostril? I do extractions on myself probably twice a week, and my skin the last time was very built up there, I think it might have been from the Revive Intensite Volumising Serum I use on the nasal labial lines and it is silicone-based, so..that could have also contributed to it, but I think from blowing my nose my creases got flaky and then oil composites built up, I love to do extractions, but never have I personally had that many!

^I've just had one of those colds + a billion nose bleeds...no unusual blackhead-action here :lol:

LetThemEatCake-I had flu back in December and during the 10-odd days,I had rather odd skin on my nose,the blackheads and the skin in general was rasied and very easy to extract.

^^^
its usually the complete opposite for me - they tend to get buried under layers of dry irritated skin which makes them impossible to extract.

Anyway, I've found a product that is doing a great job at clearing my blackheads - bentonite clay. It brings them right to the surface and makes them very easy to extract. The only downside is that you have to mix it into a paste/mask yourself and its difficult to find the right consistency. Mine always ends up a bit too watery but with great big lumps in it, which makes it difficult to apply evenly. Has anyone else tried it?

yeah, I have the same problem, it's very hard to apply. haven't found the right consistency either...

Green Tea Marvel Gel seems to be reducing the blackheads on my nose by the looks of it.

This is the only product that works for me (oily skin)
Triple Action Organic Scrub - Acne-it's a miracle product.

product_image.php

picture from: sonyadakar.com

do you think it's better than t. ives ?

hmm, that looks very interesting to me, i will check it out ! :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->