Blackheads

Discussion in 'The Beauty Cupboard' started by PrinceOfCats, Dec 1, 2003.

1. HBoogie

HBoogie Procrastinator.

I like to look at Paula Begoun's website for skincare tips because she has a lot of information on sensitive skin care and possible skin irritants. Here is a page on blackheads. Perhaps you will find some useful advice.

2. buttermilk

buttermilk New Member

how do you get rid of blackheads on the nose area?

aside from seeing a dermatologist and using otc medications like benzoyl peroxide, salicylic acid, how do you get rid of stubborn blackheads?

3. foxinthesnow

foxinthesnow Member

Buttermilk, some of those exceptions are the best way. For stubborn blackheads, nothing is better than Retin A. If not Retin A some benozyl peroxide.

I am guessing you have sensitive skin or want an easy method? You should get a mild facial peel like ZIA papaya enzyme peel or some other mild fruit acid peel.

4. Kimkhuu

Kimkhuu New Member

Pore strips are wonders. They work pretty well, I think Ponds' make them as well as other brands don't remember.

For harder to get blackheads, the best way is to extract them, and I seriously don't think you should be picking them, so the best way is to do it while you get a professionnal facial, if you don't want to mess up your face and end up with acne. :flower:

5. creamyqueen

creamyqueen New Member

Pore strips worked for me before but they are useless for me now, too bad :cry:

my method now is to do gentle scrubing first, and then followed by deep cleansing mask twice a week. Keep doing and this will clean up ur face

6. Alejandro

Alejandro & R.V

POre strips do not do anything for me... what's best for you to do is this, if you don't have a facial steamer, boil up some water on a pot, and then cover your head with a towel, and just leave your skin hit the steam for a minute, maybe two... that will open up your pores, so it would be easier for you to strip them out with a towel...do not use your nails or any sharp objects, it will scar your nose... after you're done with stripping them out, you should put some cold compresses on your nose to close the pores back...

that will work :wink:

7. lizzyb831

lizzyb831 New Member

what do you mean strip them out with a towel? like rub your nose with a towel?

8. Alejandro

Alejandro & R.V

^ Squeeze them, press your nose up, just find a way to take them out, but it will have to be quick, cause the pores will close fast...so it might be helpful if you repeat this when you're getting rid of the blackheaads :wink:

9. As You Like It

As You Like It Proponent of Plaid

It's rather fascinating to see the grease come up out of the pores, too. Disgusting, but really cool! (says the chick with perpetually clogged pores)

10. pointup

pointup living in the sprawl

11. jovana

jovana New Member

Neutragena (did i spell that right?) makes an anti-blackhead astringent and it works really well

12. fezbatik

fezbatik Member

YES!! papaya enzyme masks/peels are wonderful!! My skin always looks amazing afetr I use mine (the Papaya Enzymatic Resurfacing Masque by Adrien Arpel) and I use it once a week..large pores, and any small blackheads around my nose are eliminated!

13. iperlchen

iperlchen daisy in my lazy eye

Steaming works for me, but the strips do basically nothing. Masques that contain grains are also effective.

I think I'll go try out that papaya masque if they sell it here. Thanks.

14. daworth

daworth New Member

my nose always looks red and swollen after a good cleaning, so I always make sure to do this type of cleaning way before having to go out or anything. could be just me though.

15. ShoeLady

ShoeLady New Member

You should try a facial. They know what they're doing and always extract blackheads. You'll feel so good afterwards. I wouldn't reccomend popping anything on your face yourself, it could very likely lead to scarring.

16. Acid

Acid yes

there used to be a gadget on the market which you put on your skin and then pressed a button and it gave your muscle a micro electric shock.....and as the muscle contracted, it made all of your blackheads jump to the surface of your skin....and then you could just wipe them off with a cloth

but i think it got banned because it wasnt very safe or something :huh:

someone needs to invent a good gadget for blackheads!!

17. oicicup

oicicup New Member

biore makes a new line "pore perfect" there's this warming cream cleanser, i used it tonight and i feel GREAT
    lxoxl jk

18. HotSpot

HotSpot New Member

:lol: :lol: :lol: That thing sounds funny! I agree w/ you though, they need to make a good black head remover!

19. Forehead blackheads

Can anyone recommend a product for forehead blackheads (toner, astringent,
    etc). I'm already using a 2% salicylic acid scrub, but it's having no
    effect on my forehead.

20. oicicup

oicicup New Member

OMG i get them on my forehead and the creases where my nose meets my cheeks :( i don't know how to get them off my forehead