Blake Lively & Ryan Reynolds Married!

I think I'm even more shocked (happily) that they got married mere hours away from me, in my home state. Boone Hall is amazing. Actually, I think they filmed some of "The Notebook" there.

Welll, I'm speechless. WOW! Congrats to them. Like others said, I don't think it'll last, but I hope it will last for awhile for both their sake.

Very unexpected but they seem really in love and happy together so I wish them all the best. :heart: :heart:

I love how this is being reported, and commented by people as if they have been dating for 2 months and got hitched! I mean 1 year long relationship is NOT a short courtship in any way possible imo, so this certainly doesnt seem rushed to me, they know each other well by now. Good luck to them, and congrats, i think they make a nice match.

Perez Hilton is claiming she wore Chanel and he wore Hugo Boss...

Is it bad that I kind of don't care they got married and just want to see the clothes? :ninja:

I love how this is being reported, and commented by people as if they have been dating for 2 months and got hitched! I mean 1 year long relationship is NOT a short courtship in any way possible imo, so this certainly doesnt seem rushed to me, they know each other well by now. Good luck to them, and congrats, i think they make a nice match.

Well, his divorce was only finalized in 2011. So I can see why people think he is rushing into marriage.

Plus he is one of those 'never single' people... engaged to Alanis in 2007, married Scarlett in 2008, divorced in 2011, married in 2012. It makes him look like he just wants to be married.

Wonder what this will do for Blake's career. Pre-Ryan, her PR was working overtime, then everything went quiet after they got together and it looked like she lost her ambition and wanted to focus more on her personal life.

Apparently, Ryan likes his women less ambitious and clearly Blake wants to shift to being more Goopy/Martha Stewarty, so I can see it working...for at least five years.

Perez Hilton is claiming she wore Chanel and he wore Hugo Boss...

Is it bad that I kind of don't care they got married and just want to see the clothes? :ninja:

Now People claims she wore Marchesa and he chose Mulberry...I want to see the clothes too!

Here, here. I'm really curious.. somehow I can't imagine her in timeless Chanel but in an uber short 80s/tarty dress (what Karl has been doing lately anyway) with a ridiculous train added on just to give it that 'it's wedding' twist.

While Blake Lively and Ryan Reynolds' Sunday nuptials might have been a surprise to everyone outside their inner circle, it was everything the couple dreamed it would be, according to the woman who made it happen: wedding planner Tara Guérard.
Speaking exclusively to E! News, Guérard offered an inside peek at the fairy-tale ceremony that took place at Boone Hall Plantation just outside of Charleston, S.C.
"Ryan and Blake wanted the event to look and feel like home," Guerard told E! News. "With décor and live music, we all created the charm, elegance and magic of times passed."
The bride and bridesmaids wore bespoke Marchesa gowns with custom-made Louboutin shoes. The groom and groomsmen wore handcrafted Burberry suits. And they sealed the deal with wedding rings by Lorraine Schwartz. Among those who provided music at the landmark location were Bette Midler and Florence Welch.
Guérard, who worked previously for Martha Stewart and appeared on the domestic doyenne's program, The Martha Stewart Show, is an expert in entertaining and southern style having been chosen by Modern Bride magazine as a Top 25 Trendsetter in 2005. In fact, the Lively-Reynolds affair will be featured in an upcoming cover story in Martha Stewart Weddings.
"It was truly a beautiful evening and celebration," adds Guérard, who runs Tara Guérard Soirée, a full-service planning and design company headquartered in the historic area of Charleston. She is also the author of Southern Weddings: New Looks from the Old South in 2007 and Weddings by Tara Guérard in 2010.
Inside Blake Lively and Ryan Reynolds' wedding
In preparation for Blake and Ryan's walk down the aisle, Guérard took the twosome around town scouting locations in June.
And they picked a good one, all right.
Blake Lively and Ryan Reynolds—timeline to a top-secret marriage
In recent years, Charleston has become a popular destination for weddings, thanks in part to serving as the shooting locale for Nicholas Sparks' The Notebook.
So far, neither bride nor groom has officially commented on their matrimonial maneuvers, but we forgive them. After all, they're both busy basking in the newlywed glow.
Meanwhile, a source tells E! News that Lively and Reynolds are soaking up the South Carolina scenery and have yet to depart on any sort of honeymoon, but that they do plan on taking one this week.

Source: eonline.com

Blake Lively surprised the world by getting married to Ryan Reynolds last night – and now her wedding dress designer has been revealed!

The 25-year-old actress wore a Marchesa one of a kind couture bridal ballgown, with a hand draped silk tulle bodice adorned with custom crystal and rose gold embroidery. We sure hope we’ll get a chance to see Blake in the gorgeous creation!

The bridal party each wore a unique custom made blush silk chiffon Marchesa gown, with crystal embroidered detail. All of the ladies wore shoes by Christian Louboutin.

Ryan and the groomsmen all wore Burberry suits with custom Christopher Bailey leather suspenders, according to People.

Blake and Ryan worked with Martha Stewart‘s team to create the “intimate, personalized party in a rustic barn.”

“From the heartfelt ceremony to the fun-filled carnival hour and elegant reception, it was a truly enchanting celebration,” according to the Martha Stewart Weddings, which will publish more details from the affair in its December issue.

just jared

Last edited by a moderator:
Strange that they planned and went through with it secretly and now are releasing every detail. Good luck to them though.

Yeah, I heard they're neighbors in upstate NY and even spent Thanksgiving together. Also, Martha is giving her a cover and it's possible Vogue was not willing to.

I can't wait to see the pictures. I wouldn't say Ryan has made her less ambitious with her career, I think she is as ambitious but her team has learnt not to be as agressive with it. I hope they surprise us all and last.
Posted via Mobile Device

I can't say I blame them for keeping it secret: how many celebs have complained about the paps ruining their wedding? It is nice of them to share the moment with their fans though! Can't wait to see the pics!

Not surprised about the Martha Stewart bit though cuz every interview I've read with Blake, she always waxes poetically about awesome she thinks Martha is.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianapalm
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->