Blog Design Technique & Tips

can anyone suggest a way to add music to your blog ?

there are so many out there

i've seen ones with a playlist and they start playing right away when you enter the page, but they can sometimes be slow to load. is there also a way to have separate songs on your blog.. like you might want to post a new song right in the post, which don't load automatically. and you can just play it on the blog instead of downloading.

For the love of god, stay clear of music that auto-plays! If you have, say, 15 visitors on your blog in a day, then 1 will love the music, 4 won't care and 10 will close the window right away. Most people:
a)Listen to music while browsing
b)and if not, is in an enviroment where they don't want music.

Can anyone post the exact code for the third column [in blogspot]
I already tried the ones posted before, I followed the instructions but still doesn't works ;(

For the love of god, stay clear of music that auto-plays! If you have, say, 15 visitors on your blog in a day, then 1 will love the music, 4 won't care and 10 will close the window right away. Most people:
a)Listen to music while browsing
b)and if not, is in an enviroment where they don't want music.
i disagree,
there are music blogs out there. music is a huge part of the blog
people will be visiting the blog to hear the music

it can be like a youtube video embed, you don't have to download it if you don't want to. it doesn't load automatically
i've actually been using youtube...:ermm: it just doesn't have a video, only a static image

I'm not a huge fan of music when the page opens, but it really depends. Someone could be in a library, or a public place. Or even already listening to music?

I hate when that happens, it's truly disturbing and I want to decide to what music I am listening and when.

opening a blog, music starts, looking where the player, is hitting STOP - if i cant find the player closing the blog right away....

it is trully annoying, ElectricAlyce gave perfect points why NOT to put music in AUTOplay

so i've jumped on the badwagon and started a blog, it looks alright to me but having a second pair of eyes is always a must i think. i dont want it to be flashy(since i dont actually have the computer skills to do so) just reasured it looks pleasing to the eye and ledgible.

plus when you start off, or even now do you not just feel like your talking to yourself?

anyway my blog can be found in my signature

About music players, I agree about with how some automatically tune on and may disrupt the music you were intently listening on your own behalf; not fun hunting down the player (sometimes lost in the sidebars) and click the off button. Just a minor annoyance though, it wouldn't have me close the blog its self, just frustrating I guess.

Though if anyone is interested, I use Radio.Blog.Club as a music player and it doesn't automatically turn on once you opened the window. Only if wish to click play ^_^
so i've jumped on the badwagon and started a blog, it looks alright to me but having a second pair of eyes is always a must i think. i dont want it to be flashy(since i dont actually have the computer skills to do so) just reasured it looks pleasing to the eye and ledgible.

plus when you start off, or even now do you not just feel like your talking to yourself?

anyway my blog can be found in my signature

Great start Elegance, I love simplicity in all layouts, flashy and clashing colors are a major turn off for me and can make a difficulty to read. My only suggestion would be maybe using larger photos? On that stretch layout for blogspot, I find small pics tend to look a bit too open for space, just a lot of unnecessary wide gaps sprouting about. But from what your photos suggest, you could easily use the original Minima template (the smaller version what you have now) and have no major gaps in width wise. Otherwise I love the banner and the hint of blue with the links and thread title, a good start for a beginner blogger, can't wait to see more.

Oh and the talking-to-yourself... can't say I've had any troubles concerning that (I find it to be relaxing writing down whatever it is for a blog, your thoughts, your current obsession, etc) but gradualy I think you become a custom to it.

I find the music players annoying sometimes too. Esp if I'm already playing music. But it doesn't bother me if the player is clearly visible and I don't have to hunt.

I know what you mean about feeling like you're talking to yourself. But I don't mind. :P

I agree with ElleLesley, I find it to be relaxing. I have so much swimming in my head, it's a comfort to be able to write it down, even if I'm the only one reading it. ^_^

thanks^ :wink:

EleganceisRefusal I'm feeling there is maybe too much white
the white background, the light grey font, the light green header in each post
and there is also a large white space after every line of text. i'm also noticing the length-wise photos create more white space

i usually find small text appealing, a box full of small text
I don't like having my eyes moving back and forth or looking for where the next line starts

I do like big fonts too but I like them rounded (like "georgia" font) or bold.. and probably not a huge box of text in the big font, just a few words.

i think i'll play about with the colours abit more since they do look pretty light against the white background. yeah im having issues with the photos too i might take the time to collage photos in photoshop first so i just post one large image with all the images in instead of seperately since they do just end up floating about the page.

well i've only had it two days i really do just need to keep up with the tweeking until im totally satisfied with it (but then i probably will still find something wrong with it.)

thanks for the hints though!

Hey, check out my craft blog if you have time. It's really new but will be getting much more info in the next few weeks.

In sig.

Really liking yours elegance. I'm sure I'll be checking it out now and then :wink:

you're looking for feedback/advice, sarahslug?

just want to point out that's what this thread is for
discussing design

if you'd like more visitors to your blog, you can post it in this other thread but only once
tFS Member Blogs

Yes, sorry I meant to say any advice would be fantastic! Thank you for the heads up.

i'm updating the look of my blog. i'd love some advice and feedback. i really feel like it's missing a few things.

I'm reviving this thread because I need A LOT of help with blog design.

First of all, when you all create your blog header, do you use photoshop and add it as an image?

Second of all, how do you add links on blogspot so that they link to your other pages within blogspot? (sorry if that doesn't make sense, I tried)

I'd really appreciate the help, and thanks in advance :smile:

does anyone know how to post large images on blogger without half the image getting lost? i cant figure it out.

If you want the really big photos you have to use an image sharing service or you can go into edit html and change the size of the photo itself. The only problem with the latter is that it may stretch the photo in weird ways...

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ze bicho
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->