Body Scars and Stretchmarks

Mask OF Life

Reaction score
im only 15 so i can't have surgeory yet. but is there any other way of getting rid of scars?? i've tried aloe vera for 2 weeks but i don't seem to notice a difference. :cry: and i just had a terrible rash from my shea butter moisturiser so i have soo many lil scars on my legs :cry:
is there anythin i can do???

If they really are scars only time or laser resurfacing will get rid of them. I doubt an allergy would leave permanent scars though.

Take the word from one who KNOWS !!! :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:

Buy yourself some MAX FACTOR ERACE !!!

It DOES DO the business !!!

KIT :innocent:

get some vit. E oil from a healthfood store...
that should help a lot

There are also prescription creams a doc. could give you

VITAMIN E!

I had an operation earlier this year that left some scars on my stomach. I've always used Vitamin E - and I would suggest it to anyone who wants to remove marks from their skin! Also try pure Apricot Oil - that works too! :heart:

My dermatologist recommended Medarma for acne, surgery, etc scars. You can find it at any local drug store if you live in the US.

Sesame oil helps, too. Keeps the skin very supple and it seems to heal more quickly. Of course, the scar will always be there, but it will fade out and might not even be noticeable after a while.

I am the queen of klutziness, and have scars all over myself, but most of them are pretty faint nowadays. They will fade out over time, it just does take a lot of time. Two weeks isn't really enough to make a major difference. I have one on the back of my left hand that is something like three months old and still very red, but it was a pretty deep cut (enough to nick a nerve and leave part of my hand numb!)

I had a mole on my chest that I got removed because I used to be self conscious of when I would wear bikinis or low cut tops(which I wouldn't wear sometimes.Anyway it needed a few stitches and I think the doctor took them out too early because now I have this reddish pink scar that has a little bump so basically it looks worse than the mole I had.Does anyone know what I can try to get rid of the reddish pinkness or the whole thing altogether.I have recently bought some cream called Elcina(its made of snail slime apparently).It is supposed to be good for these sort of things including stretch marks,small blemishes and other stuff thats similar.It's made my skin nice and soft but I don't really see any improvement in the colour of the scar.Please help if you have any suggestions.

Unfortunately you can't get rid of keloids via cream because it's built up scar tissue. The only way to get rid of it is to have it surgically removed (my aunt does this for the keloids on her ears) or maybe have a dermy inject cortisone into it and it may shrink. sorry...

I don't know much about this subject, but if you aren't seeing a dermatologist, or if you are, talk to him/her. Maybe there is some kind of topical treatment for something like that. Like I said, I don't lnow much about this subject, hope I helped a little.

Keloid scars do become less noticeable over time. I have several and some of them are hard to see anymore.

That said, everyone has some "imperfections." It's proof of being real, and having lived. You shouldn't want to look like you've been airbrushed.

Sometimes one loves one's lover's imperfections... :innocent:

Please do see your dermatologist for advice, and please don't worry too much about it. I bet you look fantastic! :flower:

Thank you tangerine you've lifted my spirits and thank you to everyone else for the advice I'm gonna ask my GP to refer me to a derm.Thank you!x :smile:

Hi laney_b-
I have some experience with dealing with scarring and rest assured, that mine was alot worse than yours (na-na-na-na-na-na) :lol: sorry . ..

You should ask your dermatologist about flexible silicon sheets that you cut out and tape on top of your scar. I found that they did work to flaaten the scar and help decrease the redness. I think I may have seen a similar thing sold at the drugstore recently. I would avoid all creams and gels and such (except for vitamin) - I am not a derm, but I don't see them doing anything at all.

BTW- who removed a mole form you, if it wasn't your derm?

Originally posted by tangerine@Mar 16th, 2004 - 6:53 pm
That said, everyone has some "imperfections." It's proof of being real, and having lived. You shouldn't want to look like you've been airbrushed.
That is such a wonderful way of looking at things. Makes me a little bit fonder of all my imperfections.

Thanx paprika hiccup!I was refered to a minor surgery doctor who took it off for me.I was just about to order some gel stuff called Kelo-cote and Maederma, I won't waste my money now.

I used black opal fade gel to try to fade my many many acne scars on my cheeks..and now my two cheeks have a blotch of lighter color on it (where i applied the black opal) eeek and my cheeks are lighter than the rest of my face.

Anyone have any suggestions on how to even it back out? oh. yeah...scars are still there like before. *tear*

Any suggestions are welcome...THANKS!!!

If the area has become lighter that means the bleaching product is effective - but hyperpigmentation spots are dense concentrations of melanin and naturally takes longer to fade.

As for the patches of lighter skin, isn't the solution rather simple? Just apply the product all over your face, particularly surrounding the lighter areas.

You might try an exfoliation treatment on your whole face. A lot of those "fade creams" are just a very strong exfoliant.

Maybe next time you use the fade cream on an acne spot, just put it on the spot, only, with a Q-tip or a very small makeup brush.

I thought they actually bleach your skin. Some of these creams take off the first layer of epidermis to expose the white dermis inside. I would recommend not using the product anymore. What happens is your skin tries to regenerate more melanin to make up for the lost of it by the product and you get a whole lot of freakles or pigmentation. Let's the skin even out by itself (use foundation everyday) and to get rid of the pimple scars go to the dermalogist. :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Figedifug
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->