Bon Spring/Summer 2010 : Eniko Mihalik by David Vasiljevic

Nice styling, that compliments Eniko beautifully. Totally love the cover, in all it's simpleness.

I love Eniko's look, she looks like the lost Charlie's Angel - in a good way! 70s chic is definitely her genre

She looks adorable on the cover, and I like how simple it is.

I really like how the background colour in the editorial/cover matches her skin tone in some of the images, focusing on the clothes a bit more.

Alyona Osmanova, Anastasia Kuznetsova, Victoria Tuaz have also the editorials inside.

She looks so beautiful.
and I love when they style her hair like that.
So elegant and beautiful.

What a pleasant and beautiful cover. Eniko never fails to impress!

Some preview..

Ph: Ola Rindal
Models: Jaco Van Der Hoven, Alex Treutel

Ph: Mark Pillai
Models: Wiktor Hansson, Alex Treutel

bananas-models

Excerpts from On The All American Man by Sarah Clyne Sundberg:

At the moment, the yearnings of the fashion-conscious male New Yorker (because this is very much about manliness) are directed at bygone days of American glory. The era of industrialisation, hard physical labour and adventures in the great outdoors. These men aspire to a rustic, almost childisly masculine, ideal.
As with most subcultures, this may be more about image than action. Dreams of hunting and mechanized industry are often left at that. The codes of dress, on the other hand, are very real. Rolled-up selvedge jeans, tweed jackets and high-top leather boots.
...these men dream of an age when clothes and consumer good from the US were the finest in the world.
The Protestant work ethic has always been central to the American self-image. The fact that most products sold in the US today were manufactured in Asia or Central America gnaws at the American soul. ... Detroit, Pittsburgh and Cleveland, once symbols of American industrial might, are now part of what is termed the "rust belt".
I think the desire for quality American-made goods shows a way that our country has gone wrong in the past ten years. That maybe if we get back to being the kind of country that makes things and works hard, that is known for being workers, not just spenders, that would be a good thing, says Emil Corsillo, one half of Hickoree's Hard Goods.
Factories may have closed and fewer Americans than ever before can trace their roots to any of the founding myths: cowboys, farmers, railroad workers. The fact is that these figures have always been largely mythical. Thomas Jefferson's agrarian republic of yeoman farmers was never a reality. Despite this, Americans have been nostalgic for a self-sustaining agrarian society since the days of the American Revolution. Perhaps these urban men, who use the internet to write of their longing for a simpler time, would not be true Americans if they didn't dream.

List of blogs mentioned in the article:
The Pursuit Aesthetic
The Art of Manliness

A Contionuous Lean
Drinkin' and Donin'

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NavidNoor
Back