Books You Think Would Be Great As a Movie

BaBorrow

Reaction score
I'm goin' to have to go with the "Vampire Academy" series by Richelle Mead. With the right cast of actors, hopefully, this movie will overthrow Twilight.:shifty:

us.penguingroup/vampireacademy

Last edited by a moderator:
^Vampire movies are going out of style though. People are tired of them now.

I would love to see In the Woods by Tana French made into a movie.
Also an up date of Rebecca by Daphne du Maurier

The Hunger Games trilogy-This one is already about to be made into a film, but I'm really excited to see who they cast.

^Vampire movies are going out of style though. People are tired of them now.
I knew someone would say that.:lol: And, yes, I agree that there are too many vampire shows. Even I hate it. I was just hopin' that this movie is the one that ends it all.:wink:

I've made an order for the "Hunger Games" trilogy. The reviews look good. So, I hope it's worth the price.

^I agree that The Bronze Horseman would make a great movie if not epic since the book was so good. But then again how good the book was might be a double edge sword to the movie. Since so much happened in the book a movie might ruin that perfection that was created in the book.

A book I read recently: Room by Emma Donoghue. I think that would be an amazing movie, if done properly of course :wink:

Another subject that has dried up aswell as vampires is probably WWII but Her Name Was Sarah by Tatiana de Rosnay would be great. It's such a good book!

I have a whole long list of them! There are many books which could provide great storyline for a movie. However, for it to be a good movie, you need excellent scripting and directing.
I looked through my books for the year and got this list out. I am sure there are more. Looking forward to other response!

The Secret History
No and Me
The Shadow of the Wind
The Book Of Lost Things
The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society
The Little Book
The Elephanta Suite
Sarah's Key
The Return

I would love to see The Hunger Games trilogy turned into films. Fantastic books, they would translate really well on screen.

In terms of the cast I'd like to see little unknown actors playing the roles.

I don't know if Jessica by Bryce Courtney has been turned into a film yet, but if not then it should be.

The Elegance of the Hedgehog, by Muriel Barbery
The Mapmaker's Opera, by Bea Gonzalez

I don't know if Jessica by Bryce Courtney has been turned into a film yet, but if not then it should be.

From memory they did, at least in telemovie format here in Australia.

^ But I want a proper feature film, that story done right would be worth of an academy award or two.

RedWall! Did anyone else read this as a child...its so so so lovely

redwall%20us%20paperback%20ace.jpg

dekoposh.blogspot.com

And Christoper Pike's (yes i know, made for 15's year old in the 90's btu whatever) The Last Vampire series....still my fave vampire story EVER!! Alisa is so kickass it would be a perfect movie. Its not romantic at all, shes feisty, shes hot, the story is awwwweeesommmee!!

THE%20LAST%20VAMPIRE.JPG

bookloversemporium.com

I am Charlotte Simmons by Tom Wolfe
At the sign of The Sugared Plum by Mary Hooper

Property Of by Alice Hoffman. It would make an amazing film.

9780374531836.jpg

media.us.macmillan.com

I would love to have any of Meg Cabots books filmed! Especially the 1-800 where are you series. :D Or the size twelve is not fat series.

I was going to say The Bell Jar for the combination of Mad Men and Girl Interrupted but it was made into a film in 1979 (with another adaptation in development) so I suppose I can't say that...

Geek Love by Katherine Dunn would look great on screen. And I'm not just saying that because it's one of Kate Moss' favorite books (I swear).

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPepic
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->