Bora Aksu F/W 08.09 London

Scott

Stitch:the Hand
Reaction score
i think this is a beautiful collection. again,excellent craftsmanship.

*fuk.co.uk

There's little a fashion designer loves more than getting random with their inspirations and Bora Aksu is clearly no exception. With a found book about roses, a jumper and a leather tool bag fuelling his imaginatian for aw08 this was always going to be an unusual offering.
The book - a flea market find - was behind the colours of the collection. Handrawn roses in dusty pink, khakis and faded greys form the backdrop to fabrics that are printed with a blown up knitwear detail (that'll be the jumper then) which, when printed on silk and chiffon fabrics and seen from a distance, has the disconcerting appearance of snake print or fish scales. As Aksu's first foray into print this imaginative approach that has paid off. The tool bag comes into its own in a series of handcrafted leather pieces that are part corset, part harness, part kinky and a hard-edged andtidote to the multiple layers of ruffles cascading down blouse fronts and dresses.
Earthy tones are lifted by the sparkle of square-cut crystal beads meandering across opaque black tights and cute peaked hats with knitted and sequined panels.
As Aksu's show opened the lyrics 'London Hates You' blared over the PA. But from the rapturous applause the designer got when he gave his wave, London's giving him nothing but love.
Words: Maia Adams
Photos: Ian Gillett

ba01.jpg
ba02.jpg

ba03.jpg
ba04.jpg

ba05.jpg

wow- such a talent...

great stuff...
love all the puss*y bows...:P

thanks for the pics...
:flower:

you're welcome softie!

yeah i adore what he does very much :heart: and you know the bows look really original too. they don't look deriviative or trendy. but i love all the voluminous dramatic stuff as well.

How lovely, I love this! It's tottaly PERFECTION! I would love to wear every singl piece of it. It's cute, elegant, has GREAT colors, soft, light and young. It takes my breath away! Such a talent he got! Fabulous. I don't find words!

Really nice... lots of detail but not over the top. Loving the bows as well

Thanks for posting Scott :smile:

Lots of lovely interesting pieces!

I think this is his best collection.
Fourth dress #5 is breathtaking

woaaah...this eclipses Jean-pierre Braganza.

Best collection from London.

lovely!
my favourite colour palette so far this season... and all the twists on normal romantic themes :crush:
he just keeps getting better and better... I remember a few years ago finding one of his collections too bohemian (this in the middle of the global bohemian craze!)... but now it's all so refined.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maliburum
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->