Bora Aksu S/S 07 London

susie_bubble

Reaction score
A lot of very interesting collections haven't been posted yet but I guess will disappear into oblivion as soon as Milan Fashion Week propery gets underway.... ah well.... I'll post them anyway!

Bora Aksu collaborated with Converse to create some reworked items with laces and sneaker parts.

Pics from fuk.co.uk

ba01.jpg
ba03.jpg

ba05.jpg
ba06.jpg

ba08.jpg
ba10.jpg

ba11.jpg
ba13.jpg

ba15.jpg
ba16.jpg

I think the Converse logo is very off-putting. I like the idea of using the Converse structure and I like what he has done but with the logo on the garments it just really distracts you from the garment itself.

I like some of the non-Converse-collaborated pieces too... really creative use of belt detailing

i really love many parts of this collection, but it seems incoherent. i love the pieces with the buttons, and the last few. and i agree about the star - it's weird. the other pieces with the parts of shoe-as-corset are interesting, but not something i'd ever want to wear.

Yes,I saw this on catwalking and I didn't understand the concept. I have to say too,that I wasn't as taken as last season's gem(reason I decided not to post).

.francesca said:
are interesting, but not something i'd ever want to wear.

his clothes are usually like that.you love them ,but you don't wanna wear them ^_^

Thanks Susie :flower:

Very interesting indeed! It would have taken me a lot longer to figure out what was going on without the converse logo :P
And less commercial time for them...

It's off-putting in the greedy sense :D

^It takes a lot of time to create the garments, most of the details are hand made. I really enjoyed working with him.

Models @ Bora Aksu show [London Fashion Week], 22 Sep. 2006
hollywoodsbest.net

The clothes are beautiful - but the collaboration with Converse should be as a special range or sub collection. It's much too gimmicky to be proper RTW. I've always been a fan of Bora, but this is a little too commercial for my liking.

wow theres alot of stuff i like in there actually. very unique and modern. and alot of the detailing (i dont like the converse stars though) is gorgeous.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
duckyjeanjo
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->