Bordeaux Shopping

loonaka

Reaction score
Hi, i'm going to bordeaux this summer and since i've never been there or heard much about it i was wondering if anyone here could help me with some shopping tips.

Thanks in advance ^_^

I haven't been to Bordeaux myself, but I took this little tidbit from CNTraveller.com

SHOPPING
For clothing, go to rue Ste-Catherine, the smarter cours de l'Intendance, and the area to its north, known as le Triangle, confined by cours Georges Clemenceau and Allées de Tourny. For food, head for the area around place des Grands-Hommes, which has a market. For antiques, try along rue Bouffard, near the Musée des Arts Décoratifs, and the rue Notre Dame, near Les Chartrons

Might be somewhere to start. Also, if you know of any French designers that you like, check out their webpage and see if they have any stockists in Bordeaux?

In Bordeaux one of the very best shops are Christian Lacroix in Rue du Temple. Also in Rue du Temple you have this shoes shop with really nice stuff (Lacroix and Givenchy) almost in front of the CL boutique. In one of the main streets you can see Hermes and By Terry, also around is Natacha a very cute boutique with Prada, Sonia Rykiel and Marc Jacobs. There´s also a small shopping center called Boulevard du grandes hommes with some boutiques (Agatha that I can remember).
In Rue Saint Catherine you will find galleries Lafayette and Sephora among some other dozens of shops and in one of the streets crossing you will find the Tara Jarmon boutique, with one the nicest shops assistants I´ve ever met.
I recommend you to go there in a really good mood, Bordeaux is the most unfriendly city I´ve ever been to (except for the Tara Jarmon girls).

when i go to bordeaux I only visit lafayette. the other stores(such as prada, marc jacobs etc...) are way too expensive for me, and the rest is (mostly) just rubbish.(imo)

I'm going to Bordeaux next spring semester, and from some internet research, it seems there is a small Louis Vuitton, an Hermes of unknown size, a Cartier, and a Montblanc, but beyond that I don't know. Any particular stores good for guys??? Any help is appreciated!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmarisMoonlover
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->