Bottega Veneta F/W 2019.20 : Adut Akech & Anna Ewers by Tyrone Lebon

Ok I LOVE this campaign
Bottega continues to impress

I love this! Stunning, simple, effective...Slightly pretentious but who cares when it's well done!
Adut is always a good idea for me (she is everywhere at this point) and i can't wait for the disco ball shirt dress to be on my closet!
+ he has a great taste in male models...And it's quite rare tbh...

Could have done without Anna tbh - her shot feels disconnected from the rest of the campaign. Plus I think Adut is more than qualified to carry this on her own! I think the rest will look great in print though.

Some good shots but I hate the hanging gold car...and how it's only in some shots and then you've got the fairly basic pool setup (although I'm digging the Anna nude shot with shoes there). Plus the close-up of Adut is super unflattering, who thought that was acceptable to publish?

This is great. Aside from the image being against a white background, I don't really see any Loewe similarities. I was on the fence about this collection, but I'm definitely convinced by these images.

MDC lists Fernando Cabral to be in this campaign as well.

I hate the golden car there it very distractive

They all look fine individually but I don't see the cohesiveness of having some shots with a gold lambo and then the rest not.

^^It’s the very tired modern concept of being arty and ambiguous and nonchalant...simply too cool to have any narrative structure or objective...YAWN

As photographs they are absolutely gorgeous. They are all beautifully shot and composed. However, the actual product leaves a lot to be desired. If you strip away the car, the model, and the set what do you have? Maybe it's just me, but I look straight past all of that and my eye goes to the clothes first. If the clothes aren't good it really spoils the rest.

The shots that don’t look like Loewe look like Céline.

I popped into the store on Rodeo the other day when I was in the neighborhood...was kind of uneventful.

Phoebe’s work at Céline had a special magic and warmth. Her clothes were very compelling. Her imitators can’t match that.

This new Bottega is very much that...everything is so expected looking...the whole aesthetic reads like a textbook.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
barakz12
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->