Bottega Veneta Jewelry Line

Discussion in 'More Accessories' started by ignitioned32, Mar 18, 2004.

View Users: View Users
  1. ignitioned32

ignitioned32 Mannikin

From fashionweekdaily.com :heart:

2. Meg

Meg inspired contemplation

This sounds really interesting! I love the "little details" Would be fab to see. Thanks igni!

3. faust

faust New Member

Yet another company bought to be milked as a cash-cow by Gucci Group. Bleh... :sick: :yuk: Unless it's exquisite woven leather - it's not Bottega Venetta. BTW, what should we call it, if YSL is Gucci II, should BV be Gucci III?

4. softgrey

softgrey flaunt the imperfection

while i agree with faust regarding all the hoopla around bottega...this time, i don't think the hype is really working...i don't think sales are all that good at bottega... i may be wrong...maybe somebody can shed some light there...

thanks for the post-igni
    :flower:

5. mikeijames

mikeijames no tom ford, no thanks.

i am glad to see tomas maier spreading the wings of this company...like tom ford alluded, bottega really is more an understated luxe company...these brands have a very specific customer and it takes a while to grow it, but i know i am not the only one that fell for the leather cuffs of a couple seasons ago...one of the best investments i've made...although i don't know if it'd technically qualify as jewelry.

(btw maier is a doll, they just did an article on him recently in elle, he's definitely got the cool factor down)

6. faust

faust New Member

I wish they were taking it the way they said they would. Did you see the BV a/w 2004/05 ready to wear "collection"? It was a bad imitation of already bad Balenciaga.

7. mikeijames

mikeijames no tom ford, no thanks.

yeah i was completely unsatisfied with the latest collection -- one has to be very careful with the understated brands like hermes and veneta and others to not make them stuffy and/or boring...they must still be fashion items, just not trend items.

8. LolitaLuxe

LolitaLuxe Vision of Paradise

the bangles look cool B) the glasses also :p

9. mode_addict

mode_addict New Member

i really want one of those bangles. some of them go for thousands. and i really want a pair of their sunglasses.