Bottega Veneta Jewelry Line

ignitioned32

Mannikin
Reaction score
From fashionweekdaily.com :heart:
Bottega Booty
Bottega Veneta launches its first jewelry line

Monday, March 15, 2004

Bottega Veneta creative director Tomas Maier is always minding the details. Now fans of Bottega’s clothes, bags, and shoes can accessorize one step further with the house’s new jewelry line. The concise collection was developed with an organic style, focusing on the unusual and unmistakable Bottega Veneta aesthetic: “The elements of the jewelry collection come from the handbags, the belts, the accessories, materials, and motifs we have been using for seasons,” said Maier.

The pieces are fashioned out of silver and distinguished by leather, crocodile, and Macassar wood details—a focused, clean representation of the Maier edge. “Our idea was the same: to make something extremely personal, crafted by hand, that becomes more beautiful and more individualistic over time.” Most of the jewelry is unisex.

-> Whether you’re a jewelry novice or adding to your treasure trove, any aficionado will appreciate the quirky behind-the-scenes intricacies:

-> The solid sterling silver rings have notches on the sides, which allow the ring to sit comfortably between the fingers.
The leather-and-silver amulet, which features a disk that can be embossed with a personal message, attaches to the silver ring via a rotating mount.

-> The bangle bracelets, available in three widths and in a combination of leather, crocodile, or wood, are designed so that the cool, smooth silver side is always against the skin.

The jewelry line is available exclusively at Bottega Veneta boutiques and ranges from $420 for the sterling silver bangles to $3,000 for the sterling silver and napa leather necklace.
JIM SHI

This sounds really interesting! I love the "little details" Would be fab to see. Thanks igni!

Yet another company bought to be milked as a cash-cow by Gucci Group. Bleh... :sick: :yuk: Unless it's exquisite woven leather - it's not Bottega Venetta. BTW, what should we call it, if YSL is Gucci II, should BV be Gucci III?

Originally posted by faust@Mar 18th, 2004 - 10:35 am
Yet another company bought to be milked as a cash-cow by Gucci Group. Bleh... :sick: :yuk: Unless it's exquisite woven leather - it's not Bottega Venetta. BTW, what should we call it, if YSL is Gucci II, should BV be Gucci III?
while i agree with faust regarding all the hoopla around bottega...this time, i don't think the hype is really working...i don't think sales are all that good at bottega... i may be wrong...maybe somebody can shed some light there...

thanks for the post-igni
:flower:

i am glad to see tomas maier spreading the wings of this company...like tom ford alluded, bottega really is more an understated luxe company...these brands have a very specific customer and it takes a while to grow it, but i know i am not the only one that fell for the leather cuffs of a couple seasons ago...one of the best investments i've made...although i don't know if it'd technically qualify as jewelry.

(btw maier is a doll, they just did an article on him recently in elle, he's definitely got the cool factor down)

Originally posted by mikeijames@Mar 18th, 2004 - 12:31 pm
i am glad to see tomas maier spreading the wings of this company...like tom ford alluded, bottega really is more an understated luxe company...these brands have a very specific customer and it takes a while to grow it, but i know i am not the only one that fell for the leather cuffs of a couple seasons ago...one of the best investments i've made...although i don't know if it'd technically qualify as jewelry.

(btw maier is a doll, they just did an article on him recently in elle, he's definitely got the cool factor down)
I wish they were taking it the way they said they would. Did you see the BV a/w 2004/05 ready to wear "collection"? It was a bad imitation of already bad Balenciaga.

yeah i was completely unsatisfied with the latest collection -- one has to be very careful with the understated brands like hermes and veneta and others to not make them stuffy and/or boring...they must still be fashion items, just not trend items.

i really want one of those bangles. some of them go for thousands. and i really want a pair of their sunglasses.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nationalsalt
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->