Boudicca F/W 09.10 Showroom

Discussion in 'Designers and Collections' started by Scott, Mar 10, 2009.

1. Scott

Scott Stitch:the Hand

i was awaiting these with bated breath...

looking fantastic as always. pictures with enigmatic zowie is actually of her shooting the look-book.

**dianepernet.typepad.com

Attached Files:

#1 Scott, Mar 10, 2009
    Last edited by moderator cin: Mar 10, 2009
  2. Scott

Attached Files:

3. Ronchamp

Ronchamp New Member

All from wwd.com:

[​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

4. Ronchamp

Ronchamp New Member

Last few looks:
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    wwd.com

5. Scott

many,may thank you's ronchamp! so happy you could find some more images :woot:

it's really evolved this collection. playing upon their wonderous signatures but they've introduced some new elements like the waistcoats and that grey pinstriped wool. i've never seen such classical elements from them before. the silhouette i can't help seeing bowie as the thin white duke.

6. laika

laika botanizing on the asphalt

oh, this is so lovely!!!

I love the mix of their typically sculptural tailoring with the fluid blouses.

I'm getting a YSL vibe somehow, particularly in the waistcoat and the culottes...
    but the execution is so much more interesting and complex than what Pilati is doing these days.:ninja:

#6 laika, Mar 11, 2009
    Last edited by moderator : Mar 11, 2009
  7. Scott

well they're really inspired by old hollywood and cinema in general. there's definitely a bit of that dietrich feel about this.

8. laika

^That's true, scott, I think I just had Yves on the brain after looking at that collection...:p

9. Zazie

Zazie Active Member

A collection after my heart.....:heart:...MAJOR LOVE for Boudicca!

10. kiddokiddo

kiddokiddo New Member

Great!!! Thanks for posting, Scottand Ronchamp :flower:
    Hope to see some lace pieces, though!!!! Nobody does it quite like they do

11. mistress_f

mistress_f Hell on Heels

love it. this is totally my everyday style, i'd wear all of it :heart:

12. Scott

i hope so too kiddo because i concur. there's also some prints which they first did last season that's in this as well. i can't wait for the rest of the look-book.

13. liberty33r1b

liberty33r1b Active Member

this looks really exquisite and lovely, and very wearable

14. flyme2themoon

flyme2themoon In other words

This is very nice.
    Love the blouses!

15. Zazie

Zazie Active Member

Has something terrible happened to tfs? I really don't understand how Boudicca gets neglected while the horrors at some of the other collections get slavishly worshipped. Also, the tone of some of these more recent posters is downright shrill and rude, even when their posts ring hollow. Am I the only old-timer at tfs feeling this? I really miss the ones who left, or who do not visit often anymore, taz, Travota, Stella Mare, even that bitchy snob Faust. Thank god some of you are still around..

I'm kinda tempted to not post anymore, just log on to oggle at pictures. Will they suspend my account?

#15 Zazie, Mar 11, 2009
    Last edited by moderator lumineux: Mar 11, 2009
  16. laika

^ I don't think they would suspend it, Zazie, but it would certainly be a shame if you stopped posting. I know I'm not alone in enjoying your posts and unique point of view!

I think there are lots of wonderful posters around, but their voices are often drowned out in the big monster designer threads. I rarely post in those myself for the reasons you mentioned. :doh:

Back on topic, if you go to Diane Pernet and scroll down there are also two short videos of Zowie shooting. The close view of that black blouse with ruffled shoulders is fabulous. :heart:

17. Scott

i agree with laika. and i am the same way about the big threads too,actually! i don't even go in them sometimes to look at the pictures they become so massive in such a quick time. i tend to look at them alone and formalise my own feelings that way.

i feel you though zazie. but there are still some incredibly fantastic people here in the midst of those moments and that's why i am still around. and your opinion is always so incredibly thoughtful,even if we might disagree on certain matters(and we have,yes? :lol:),your intelligence is needed i think.

anyway,as for your plea on attention of boudicca. i don't want to sound arrogant but that's why i am always in desperate search of something every season(thank heavens diane pernet sees what we do),whether its small or big...their work should be emphasised a great deal. this is what i feel people should see--two uncompromising independents who are more than capable of creating well-crafted,incredibly innovative,thoughtful and beautiful work. and they do it every single season. they are what having strong talent is about.

18. Scott

thanks for the heads up about the vids...she must have posted those after i saw it.

but god,i want to be a boudicca boy! i wanna be in that group. i don't know how to describe it but their clothes just makes one look cool. it seems as they're conveyed like second skin...totally natural in an otherworldy way.

19. Zazie

Zazie Active Member

Thank you laika and Scott,^_^:flower:

I always enjoy bantering with you two too, as well as many of the old-timers. :p I'll keep posting to "hang out" with you. We all share the same obsession over fashion...^_^

laika, thanks for the tip-off. I can't find the vids on ASOF under Boudicca...have they been taken off? Will look again or Google. I'm just so glad to see you here to share the enthusiasm for Boudicca. :flower:

Scott, you're never "arrogant", no way, you're too sweet!! But I *SO*:flower::flower::flower: appreciate you, runner, kiddokiddo, and many of the others who make a special effort to hunt down and put up the hard to find but very special collections.

Sure we disagree, but we are so very civil about our disagreements, no?^_^

#19 Zazie, Mar 12, 2009
    Last edited by moderator lumineux: Mar 12, 2009
  20. Scott