Boudicca F/W 10.11

Discussion in 'Designers and Collections' started by nat11l13, Jun 16, 2010.

1. nat11l13

nat11l13 New Member

Boudicca Mocap aw 2010/11

Attached Files:

2. nat11l13

nat11l13 New Member

more

Attached Files:

3. nat11l13

nat11l13 New Member

Attached Files:

4. Scott

Scott Stitch:the Hand

5. tricotineacetat

tricotineacetat Well-Known Member

There's quite a few new additions to their repertoire here, which I like - the most obvious one being the infusion of strong primary colours. Other than that, I really like that mini skirt with handkerchief drapery on the hemline, the simple but nonetheless effective sequinned tee-dress as well as the jersey tops and dresses with cowl neck drapery.

Some of the colour blocking seems a bit harsh to me, while it looks lovely on other pieces, such as the black/white blouson towards the end. What remains tricky with some of their outfits are the dangling straps hanging from some of these dresses... it's fine as a detail on a back zip and on the boots, but looks contrived on the longer length, yellow dress.

6. Scott

Scott Stitch:the Hand

^i was thinking that too..how they're sort of incorporating easier pieces and an element of something more exuberant. still,very boudicca nevertheless.

7. tricotineacetat

tricotineacetat Well-Known Member

It's really a change for the better, isn't it? They've had a couple too many seasons of strict, below-the-knee-cap pencil-skirted silhouettes for my liking, albeit the fact that they do it beautifully, but they sometimes tend to give their clothes an almost uptight feeling... It's a good line up, though I could live with a few more outerwear pieces here - the jackets are really quite a side story here, it seems it's really all about the dresses with them, these days.