Boudicca Moving to NYC

stylegurrl

Reaction score
BOUDICCA'S AMERICAN DREAM
spacer.gif
BOUDICCA is moving to New York. The hip London label designed by Brian Kirkby and Zowie Broach, which has seen revenue grow 30 per cent since hooking up with American Express in 2003, will leave London for the first time this season. "London is our home but we chose New York because America is our largest market and it was one of the first to embrace the Boudicca label and we won't forget that," said the team in a statement. "It is a real privilege to be involved at such an exciting time in Boudicca's career," said Katherine Whitton, vice president of American Express Europe. "We have an enormous amount of admiration for them and are confident that with their talent and our support, we can help them realise their dreams and aspirations." (February 2 2005, AM)

Vogue.com

Just like twas done with Alexander McQueen when he brought (was it the "Eye" show) a catwalk show to NYC that AmEx promoted saying it cost $1 mill ... I hope these people do as well as Lee ... his career really took off in this side of the Atlantic after all that exposure ..

Are they actually moving there or just showing?

I don't know about this. Three years ago I probably would have said that this was a cool idea but with the way the fashion world is in NY,especially now,I'm not so sure if they'll render the same attention as in London. Hardly anybody pays attention to indies much less avant-garde purveryors such as they are. They should have went to Paris,I think.

yeah..it's the mcqueen/helmut lang ...thing to do...come to nyc where everything is boring because it's easier to stand out...
we've got luella, roland mouret, matthew williamson...etc...

there are too many shows in paris and they aren't centralized...so smaller designers easily get overlooked....

nyc is really the only option...unless of course you're american...and in that case ...you go to milan...

it's so messed up...LOL... :rolleyes: :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
I guess we'll have to see come fashion week. Is it this fashion week?

Scott said:
Are they actually moving there or just showing?

I don't know about this. Three years ago I probably would have said that this was a cool idea but with the way the fashion world is in NY,especially now,I'm not so sure if they'll render the same attention as in London. Hardly anybody pays attention to indies much less avant-garde purveryors such as they are. They should have went to Paris,I think.

I'm pretty shr they are just showing there. I think it's just buisness.

I agree, i don't like the idea, but may be they will get more attention beuase of the lack of any thing intresting in new york fashion.

As serious and conciencious as they are about the political state of fashion,I would have expected this to be the least likely of cities for them to go to. But I would suspect they will not show in the tents,however. :wink:

btw,where is their largest market? I know they sell at Seven and at Naked in L.A. but is that really a large market?

Scott said:
As serious and conciencious as they are about the political state of fashion,I would have expected this to be the least likely of cities for them to go to. But I would suspect they will not show in the tents,however. :wink:

btw,where is there largest market? I know they sell at Seven and at Naked in L.A. but is that really a large market?

Barneys in NYC has a good selection. They even moved them to the new 2nd floor, next to the kings such as Alaia, Gaultier and Rochas. I really don't see how they fit with those lables, but what do I know...

Really? I had no idea Barney's carried their work. What's the other indie shop? I think it might be ISA..not positive.

Scott said:
Really? I had no idea Barney's carried their work. What's the other indie shop? I think it might be ISA..not positive.

Yep, that's the thing that differentiates Barneys from other dept. stores, they are willing to give indies a chance. They won't last long if they won't sell, but still, at least it's a chance.

The only other shop I know is Seven, as Space said, and that's only a few pieces. Barneys actually has a pretty big selection. A carried the label when it was a unisex shop, along with Sophia Kokosalaki, Odette Bombadier and Ann Demeulemeester. What a loss for stylish NY women that it became a men's store....

actually most of the stores they sell to are in america, a surprise!

2 in in NYC, 2 in LA, I've never ehard of the stores in La Jolla or Laguna, btu both thous areas have money.

New York, Barneys, 575 Fifth Avenue, T:001 212 450 8443
New York, Seven, 180 Orchard Street, T:001 646 654 0155
Beverly Hills CA, Barneys, 9570 Wilshire Bouleard T:001 310 276 4400
Laguna Beach CA, Fetneh Blake, 427 North Coast Highway, T:001 949 494 3787
Los Angeles, Naked,181 N, Martel AvenueT:001 323 964 0222
La Jolla CA,Lissilaa, 5727 La Jolla Boulevard T:001 858 454 7601
Chicago, Nordstorm, Michigan Avenue,55 East Grand Avenue T:001 312 464 1515
San Francisco, Nordstorm, San Francisco Shopping Ctre,865 Market St

That's it,Faust! I was going to mention A but couldn't remember exactly. Somebody ought to update the listing on Superfuture as they still have them and Sophia listed.

Thanks Space. I had absolutely no idea....

Scott said:
That's it,Faust! I was going to mention A but couldn't remember exactly. Somebody ought to update the listing on Superfuture as they still have them and Sophia listed.

Thanks Space. I had absolutely no idea....

Yea, they tried contacting Superfuture about it, but they are not exactly the most efficient website.

Don't they usually go by member's assesments?

Scott said:
Don't they usually go by member's assesments?

I guess, and this one was done years ago, when A first opened. It's a totally different store now, but for some reason Superfuture doesn't seem to care.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blondblondblond
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->