Boudicca's 'Animate Exploded' concept

Lena

etre soi-meme
Reaction score
boudicca.jpg

'Boudicca Animate Exploded' by Graham Dolphin

Collaborations between big brands and individual designers are commonplace in fashion, but this summer sees an interesting variation on the theme with Zowie Broach and Brian Kirkby aka Boudicca working with artist Graham Dolphin to create 'Animate Editions', a series of prints exploring aspects of the label's autumn/winter 2005 collection. When Boudicca first launched with a London boutique and clothing label in 1997, not many people could even pronounce the name correctly let alone fully grasp its conceptual approach to clothing and cosmic attitude to tailoring. After working for eight years in London and creating a strong impact with shows at London Fashion Week, Boudicca defected to New York where they showed for the first time last season. For Boudicca, it was an opportunity to expand sales and also show in a city which had quickly copped-on to the label's conceptual approach to clothing. The venture with Graham Dolphin has resulted in limited edition line etchings kicking off with 'Edition 1: Boudicca Animate Collected'. Limited to 200, these are drawings feature every item of the collection re-congigured into "an intensely layered composition" (£250). 'Edition 2: Boudicca Animate Exploded' is also limited to 200 but only explores the Vent Jacket (£250) and there are two more editions which include additional artwork by Boudicca (£500 each). More affordable though is a run of just 100 CDs entitled Edition 5 Animate Audio Condensed which are signed and dated by Boudicca and Graham Dolphin (£20). For more information and online orders, head to the Castle Editions website and be aware that prices may change according to availability! Order by telephone on 01228 516410, for enquiries email [email protected]

from fashion uk :flower:

tidbit from press release boudicca inspiration book
on pretypretty.be

5.jpg

Sounds very interesting indeed. Thanks Lena and thanks kus for the pic!

thanks for the article sounds interesting i'm mesmerised by the picture of the jacket and thank you kus for the other picture - i'm sure i have that same sweatter as the guy in that image

A pic of Edition 1: BOUDICCA Animate Collected (2005) from Castle Editions (Lena posted a pic of Edition 2). :flower:

edition1.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
That looks utterly amazing and interesting!

Thanks Lena Lena....and monsieur Kus for the inspiration pic :wink:

seems pretty cool. :woot:

i dont think i could afford it, or get my hands on it considering the limited number but I'm wondering, is any TFSer planning to buy it? :heart: :shifty:

seems relatively pointless...

like the kind of thing you'd do in a fine arts graduate program but that no one has any real use for...

i'd rather have the jacket...^_^...

softgrey said:
seems relatively pointless...

like the kind of thing you'd do in a fine arts graduate program but that no one has any real use for...

i'd rather have the jacket...^_^...

2nd.

I just bought one of these prints, 'Boudicca Animate Exploded'. The quality is amazing, number 1 of 200 and signed by Boudicca and Graham Dolphin. A beautiful piece of work just like the jacket. Will be holding on to it for a long time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maliburum
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->