Bought But Not Worn!

stl

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I am having some free time now and just come up with this thread. Do you sometimes buy stuff and then never wear them??? I've been sorting my wardrobe recently and found that I have lots to fit in this categoria. So, just sharing some...Join in and share yours !!

I've actually posted this in "Post your shoes" thread, so I am not sure if it's allowed to re-post it. But I bought this pair like about 5 years ago and never touched ever since. I had a boyfriend who was 20cm taller than me and thought this would be just perfect :P But the heels are horrible so indeed I've never walked in these :innocent:
img_0631.jpg

moved to personal style as its more suited there I think....

bluebrocadef.jpg

I only have one thing that I have ever bought but not worn. The dress you see above. I bought it with an eye to wear it to a graduation gala, but then I skipped out on the event.

Lucky for me this dress cost $5 at a thrift shop, and I have not gained weight since college graduation, so if I ever have another posh event to go to, I will wear this dress. It's so very pretty, and it fits me like it was made for me. It would be a shame never to wear it, ever!

As you like it, that dress is beautiful !! I also missed out my graduation gala, thouch luckily (or not? :P ) I had not bought a dress yet. But it was pricey, so I was thinking much :innocent:

Here is another thing...I bought this 2 years ago and never worn it. Dunno why. Guess should bring out and do wear it some other day.
Picture005.jpg

Sorry, nothing to show you right now, but I think this thread will be fun!

I'm sure most of us have bought something, put it in the closet, and left it there. :P

i havnt worn my coated jeans from dior homme out of the house yet the black ones are very very very shiny - i might wear the blue ones tonight

... Lots of shoes and bags I haven't worn.. I'll post later

^ There's definately one for shoes, but i don't think there's one for clothing

A good of my wardrobe. I keep the tags on until I ultimately wear the piece. A lot of them are items that I picked up at a super fantastic price, so if I don't wear it again... I don't mind giving it away to charity.

I :heart: Chanel and I were just talking about this on another thread. About how out in sheer frustration at not finding what we were originally looking for, we buy things to compensate. Lots of random tops or something that was on sale and I had bought for the sake of them being on sale. I should really stop that... :blush:

susie_bubble said:
I :heart: Chanel and I were just talking about this on another thread. About how out in sheer frustration at not finding what we were originally looking for, we buy things to compensate. Lots of random tops or something that was on sale and I had bought for the sake of them being on sale. I should really stop that... :blush:

That's exactly why I don't shop sales, except when I need something when sales are going on ... it's been years since I've bought anything and not worn it, but pretty much anything I've ever had that I felt I didn't get my money's worth from, I bought it on sale (or, on sale *and* in a hurry). However, at least I have learned from my mistakes :wink:

My MO is to have each season a few things that work well and work together like a well-oiled machine. The only fly in the ointment is when something goes wrong with a piece of the puzzle, there's a gap that can be quite difficult to fill later on (off seasonal shopping peak when everything is picked over). When you dress this way, every piece becomes important.

PS I notice you mention shopping can be frustrating :wink: This is what I mean, with clothes you really need to accomplish something, and if you're prevented from doing it for whatever reason--not fun :yuk:

stl said:
As you like it, that dress is beautiful !! I also missed out my graduation gala, thouch luckily (or not? :P ) I had not bought a dress yet. But it was pricey, so I was thinking much :innocent:

Here is another thing...I bought this 2 years ago and never worn it. Dunno why. Guess should bring out and do wear it some other day.

Aww...stl! You really should wear that top - it's adorable:flower::woot:

This Free People top...its beautiful....I just havent gotten to it...it's a bit sheer so I do need to layer I think :unsure:

This first pic is the front that has some of the same beading but only around the straps...and the 2nd pic shows the slightly low back with more beading...

I should wear this with a wiggle tight pencil skirt :P

Last edited by a moderator:
i am on a mission to wear everything i own...
i have far too many things in my closet that have never left the house...

this is an example...
a vintage top and skirt
bought seperately...
the top is a recent purchase...(it's really a dress with the bottom cut off)
the skirt is something i was given a year or two ago...

i'm just waiting for the right ocassion...
maybe an upcoming holiday event...

Yes, I do :cry: , I been trying to get over those purchases and not make those mistakes again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulpaul
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->