Bought But Not Worn!

i always spend an ridicoulous amount of money on really dressed-up dresses that I never get to wear, maybe I get to wear one of them 1 time every two years or so. So I have a really beautiful collection of dresses just hanging there in my closet and no occasions for using them (I've been to two weddings in my life, won't someone I know get married soon so i can use some of them?!?)

We should all put on are bought-but-not-worn-pieces, put them on, take a picture of it and post in the playing-dress-up-thread - so at least it gets some kind of life besides laying in the closet :D

there are a few things in my wardrobe that i havent worn very often....
but i find that if i keep them around, usually i am re-inspired and can work them into my wardrobe in a new, exciting way....
but i dont think i own a single piece ive never worn....
i tend to love almost everything i buy....
and want to wear it...!!!!....

right now there are probably 2 items i havent worn, only because they were only very recently bought.....
but when the right time comes, they will be put to good use....
:wink:...

i'm much more likely to not wear shoes i've bought...
occasionally i think they'll work and they really don't...
:doh:

2 pairs of Tsubi skinny jeans... One is violet colour, the other is just normal jean colour. They really don't suit me, just bought them cause I liked them!

Erm yeah, there's a lot of stuff I worn once. No idea why I bought those things either. :ninja:
Sometimes I feel like de-cluttering and starting over..

a white junya watanabe man tailored shirt with a bow on each breast...

:huh:

So very,very many things. And Chanel is right...usually bought because I couldn't quite find what i was looking for,or because I knew I didn't have anything with which to wear it but was sure I would find something,which of course I didn't...

As far as shoes go,I have millions of unworn or once-worn pairs,mostly because I bought them because they were beautiful but they turned out not to be so comfortable...

European cobble streets are not so great for 10cm heels and cabs are not that easy to find in Rotterdam.

Bags...I really only like about 4 bags,so I've also bought several because I liked them,but have never worn them because I wear the same 4 over and over...

Insane....

Need to Ebay....:ninja:

^Quirky... I have that same problem with bags. I have this notion in my head that I should have lots of different bags but I seem to end up using the same 3/4 bags everyday. I should just come to terms with the fact that I'm not really a 'bag' person.

Many things when I was little.... but not clothes that I bought, presents. For example, when my dad went to austria he bought this huge coat in an awful colour and I never ever wore it... he was so frustrated... he had spent a lot of money on it!

i have lots of stuff in my wardrobe that i have bought and got home and thought to my self why did i buy that? Mostly things from sales and such, i thought i was getting a bargain, but really just a waste of money.

I also sometimes go insane and buy things i think i am going to wear but never end up wearing them

I also buy a lot of bags. I'm a bit of a bag demon, and i see them and i think oh yes thats hot i'll buy that, but never end up carrying it. I probably have about 160 bags or so all scattered around my room, its just wrong - i should give some to charity or something especially the ones i never use!

Why did i go overboard and purchase three vests this season? At the time each purchase was justified, cause i had been looking for a nicely fitted vest for ages, but did i really need a black, a white and a taupe? The black still has the tag on it, 3 months after i bought it...

A black petticoat. :huh: Yeah, bought it for costume purposes...maybe I'll somehow rock it at a club :lol: or find a 50's dress that'll look good with a crinoline under :wink:

a plaid cowboy shirt with the yoke being a different fabric. the shirt is greige plaid and the yoke is blue super hero pattern.

i bought it because it's a really cool shirt. but i don't wear anything brighter than brown, so i don't know what happened there.

Sometimes I buy stuff for the joy of collecting and I have no intention to wear those pieces. Last year i bumped into a pile of YSL by Hedi Slimane silk caftans in a Parisian sample sale, each of them was 5 euros! They're all really nice, but I look like a Laurence of Arabia on acid while wearing them...

Seph, i'm looking for a tutu in EXACTLY that cut, but in white....
I vote for a tFS trash for treasure sale!

im gulity of this

shoes and bags r my worst,i buy them thinking they look cute n they find out they aint comfy for me or not the right style for my clothes:S

clothes especially tanks i get on sales for noo reason other than thinking they r a catch n i gotta get them:S then i never wear them or find out i cant layer them n cant wear them or they dont look good on me:S bummer!

just found a pair of +J grey wool trousers with the tags still on...
they are too low waisted for my taste...
I hate low waisted things...

they are so nice though...
:ermm:

A floral-print button up w/ French cuffs from Paul Smith. Not worn because I never even tried to find a decent pair of cufflinks to go with it. 12, 13 years later, and I'm still convinced I'm gonna wear it "any day now." But this year's gonna be different, I promise. I know it. I can feel it. ("Riiight.")

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thtrfh65
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->