bought but not worn !!

Discussion in 'Personal Style' started by stl, Sep 5, 2005.

1. fashionista-ta

fashionista-ta Well-Known Member

^ I bought white Lego cufflinks for my brother that I'll give him for his birthday or Christmas.

2. eugenius

eugenius Well-Known Member

^Funny, the shirt was "How much?!?", but yet I never wore it on account of some accessory that costs next to nothing. :judge:

Do matching Lego high-heels come with the cufflinks?

3. fashionista-ta

^ Why don't you ask for cufflinks for Christmas? No action required on your part, and the solution will come right to your doorstep ;) Ask someone with good taste though!

I believe there are textile knot ones that come in a wide variety of colors that could be matched to your shirt.

4. Feline

Feline rock-chic

I don't do this as much as I used to. Every time I did a wardrobe de-clutter, I found loads of things with the labels still on. Some were 'Wow - just what I was looking for' but a lot were 'Why did I buy this?'. I could fill several charity bags. I also used to buy things with the intentions of customising or altering them, and again, a few got done and others were just added to the sewing pile. I am not so impulsive now, so try to get things I really love or really need.

softgrey likes this.
  5. softgrey

softgrey flaunt the imperfection

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

you could be punk rock and use a screw and bolt...???

:innocent:

6. eugenius

Like these, courtesy of some website called "cuffdaddy.com"? Lol.

upload_2018-11-8_8-32-30.jpeg

7. softgrey

softgrey flaunt the imperfection

HA! well...look at that!!
    they're pretty great...

:clap:

cuff daddy is also a pretty great name...:lol:...

:heart:

8. Benn98

Benn98 Well-Known Member

A 70s wide-legged tweed trousers. Vintage, bell bottom shaped. I bought it because I thought I'd be able to tailor it into a Pierre Cardin-style straight fit, but I'm afraid my tailor will muck it up - the material is too dear. Also, a bit tight around the thighs.

It's my first experience with tweed trousers because A, I always thought it too heavy. And B, I could deal with pea coats and the like because it had a lining. Problem with this trousers is that it obviously doesn't have a lining, and I hate how it feels against my bare skin. I'm slightly guilt-ridden over the gact that it's just hanging there gathering dust.

9. fashionista-ta

^ If you're taking it to the tailor anyway, just have them add a lining--or half-lining ;)

Benn98 likes this.
  10. eugenius

I just bought this cute little black beanie on Yoox from Dries. When I actually got it, it turned out to be not so little, and rather floppy, so now matter how I wear it, it just winds up looking like a pile of foreskin on top of my noggin. I can make jokes about not wanting to look like a d'head, but, you get the idea. (src: yoox)

[​IMG]

fashionista-ta likes this.
  11. MulletProof

MulletProof Well-Known Member

I have a few items like that but don't feel too bad.. I never like anything so if I happen to like something, might as well. It has its pros and cons.. ever bought a pair of raunchy neon pink platforms because you 'really' like them even though you don't work at a strip club? yeah. Never worn them (outside). Usually this type of purchases have long-term ambitions that sometimes materialize.. other times they don't. I started to buy stuff that would be opera house-friendly.. it sat in my closet for a couple of years because what did I even have to do with that, then bam, I had something to do with that lol so, it's all been taken out for a ride multiple times at this point.. with the exception of an MHL tunic I cannot for the life of me figure out, it feels so nice and it's warm.. but it also makes me look pregnant, maybe with a certain jacket I don't have. I don't know, its time will come, no rush..

I also got really into the way men dress in Central Asia, so first thing I did there was getting myself a men's Uzbek robe in this shade of blue that's all :heart::heart::heart:... but once I put it on at home, I knew I would never wear it outdoors.. it's just a souvenir I can touch everyday, I guess, I don't think the purpose of all clothes is to be worn anyway...

12. Benn98

Benn98 Well-Known Member

@fashionista-ta I'll try that, thanks! The pocket lining is actually a sort of mesh material and I'm guessing the choice was to keep the lining as light as possible. It's very odd. I've only now jumped on the vintage bandwagon and in some cases it fascinates me. Who's clothes were these? Could I be wearing a wife basher's trousers? Did they ever wound up on the floor after a night of heated passion? It was the 70s... :innocent:All these unanswered questions.

@eugenius On snap judgement that beanie looks like a renaissance beret, and I'm instantly into that. I'd rock it with a simple slim black turtleneck and grey trousers for maximum effect. Trick is just to get the proportions right. No, it wont match a Thom Browne skirt suit in grey tartan, sorry.

Agreed! My heart was set on a beautiful ivory linen Ao Dai with beige embroidery which I saw in Hanoi. Even tried it on and it fit me like a glove. But I would have nowhere to wear such an outfit to. Should've just gotten it as a souvenir.

I think having something in your cupboard as a souvenir is different to consuming and consuming, jumping on every sale, and never getting round to wearing any of that. That's actually a reality out there.