Bought But Not Worn!

PS betina, I Googled, and Lego cufflinks are widely available, including on Etsy for handmade ones. Also Cufflink Depot, Amazon, etc. You should be able to get your hands on some :wink:

A pair of Miu Miu Spring/summer 2010 daisy clogs (my terribly-lit pic below) that I can only take little short steps in, like a pony.

They haven't left my house in the five years I've owned them because they have a 6 inch wooden heel with a platform and I'm terrified that if I take a spill in them, I'll break my hip, I tried walking through my house in them once and nearly faceplanted, was only saved by the fact that I hit a wall before going down.

I'm just used to thinking of them as wearable sculpture more than actual shoes now, and occasionally taking them for a tottering pony-walk across my house (can't risk them anywhere that could be slippery).

20190202_172851.jpg

^ Very smart ... you are smarter than Chloe Sevigny, we know for sure. Not wearing these shoes is a great way to keep all your teeth :mrgreen:

How about..worn once?

A black sleeveless button-up from Dsquared, purchased around '03, '04. I was early 20's and first started buying designer clothes, so it's safe to say I was young and didn't know better. The shirt was nothing more than a black shirt with the sleeves, and collar, hacked off in some haphazard fashion, and it was decorated with patches of birds, the Dsquared logo, and words reading "Chip Chip Motherf.." So, basically, a Boy Scouts shirt, but with a gay male twist to it..CAMP, you see. As nice as the quality was, as Phuel mentioned, it really was nothing more than a black button-up w/ chopped-off sleeves, with some cheeky patches thrown on it for good measure. Most likely, it was old trash recycled into new treasure, but sold at the same pricepoint. Yeah, about that short-lived Dsquared phase I had...Ugh!

#neverforget

^ But think how ahead of their time they were :wink: Lots of recognition now for that type of 'irony' :innocent:

got a bunch of stuff right before lockdown that's just waiting to be worn...

:ermm:

I ordered some beautiful red suede shoes right before I realized what was about to happen, that I haven't yet worn ... I want to wear them with my new polka dot blouse (have worn, very teleconference friendly) and my ivory skirt.

In my case, I didn't buy something and not wear it, because when I do shopping, or look for some clothes on the internet (ASOS, the best :smile:), I take a huge time to make the best choice. In stores, it's mandatory for me to go to fitting rooms and see how the product is on me.
When, I want to buy something online, I read every explanation about the clothes. (the fabric, the size of the model who wears it)... Everything haha.
And if I have a little doubt, I don't buy it or I take back it.

The only thing that I never wear, is a pair of shoes. It was a gift from my best friend but the size is too small. But I really love these shoes... I decided to keep this. As if, my feet became smaller a day...Haha

Also, I remember I had a CDG tshirt featuring the artwork of some Chris Love Peterson (??) guy. Almost never worn on account of the fabric being black, super-stiff, and rather unbreathable. I get the feeling that comfort is of little to no importance for Rei.

I wish I would've kept it. It'd be perfect for upcycling into a decorative throw-pillow, but just not for everyday wear.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yams Yamborghini
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"