Boyd S / S '04 - London Ready - To - Wear

ignitioned32

Mannikin
Reaction score
'Dirty, pretty things' by Suzy Menkes IHT

.. Some collections are slight, but cute. Boyd sent out a hippie happy show with bright colors, smiley-face symbols, chains dangling fake fruit and a magic mushroom print. It was a mildly subversive take on the Woodstock years and the striped knits, short skirts and quilted jackets in the inevitable pink made for an upbeat trip..

i like -a lot- some of their pieces, like those lack embroidered dresses and the art nouveau-ish happy prints.
The first picture igni posted, is very accurate of the London mood right now, those circle-50s skirts, rock :wink:

am i the only one who gets a marc jacobs feel from this?

It's all a little too infantile for me. :neutral: The designs looked underdeveloped and reminiscent of Marc by Marc Jacobs. The only look I liked was in the second to last plate Igni posted - the all white outfit. :heart: I love that jacket.

Thanks for taking the time, Ignitioned. :flower:

Originally posted by mehg@Sep 27th, 2003 - 10:07 am
am i the only one who gets a marc jacobs feel from this?
*Nods* Me too :smile: The whole collection doesn't seem to 'gel' well either. But I like one or two of the dresses.

I like the printed dresses, the white pants and the white dress (very much indeed) ... some pieces dont seem to quite fit in the collection to me

i like the yellow coat-like dress at the bottom, and other few more..
but overall there are some pieces really out of the whole collection( like what's up with the smiley face??)

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bellbell
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"