Brandon Maxwell S/S 2024 New York

It's certainly beautiful and looks well made, but it's so watered down it's hard to be excited.

Strangely, I kind of like this collection.

I like it as well. Some separates are really good staples.

The entire presentation would be instantly improved if the denim was omitted. This insistence from an American label that ripped stonewashed denim somehow would give the brand some edge is an idea that only middle-aged corporate types find convincing. Ripped denim on the runway only works for certain brands— like Hedi’s Celine.

I wonder how his namesake brand sells…??? It does possess that no-nonsense, non-fussy, so fresh, so clean and sporty American spirit that’s been missing from NYFW. But I also wonder if his high-profile association with Walmart is hurting his own label more than it helps— unless his customers are all rich midwesterners.

Another firm highlight of NYFW for me. I thought the belt detailing was fabulous, love the silhouette of just about every single look and the sheer fabrics. To me, this feels far more elevated than what else has been on display this week. The opening dress is stunning!

A very safe and secure collection. There are some odd bits, and the denim really should not be in here. But it's fine. Could have really gone somewhere, although where that could go wouldn't be in Brandon's wheelhouse.

Strangely, I kind of like this collection.
Nothing Strang, it's tasteful.

He reminds me of a younger, more conservative Michael Kors. Though he plays with more volume than MK ever did. He’s truly one of the only NYFW designers whose worth talking about ATM.

After his previous collection and now seeing this, it seems that he is rebranding.
This is slightly better than what he had originally been putting out. Unfortunately, it's beginning to look like any other contemporary brand.

It's nice to see that someone in NY is working towards being the new Calvin or Donna, rather than Miuccia, Phoebe or Raf.

Sharp tailoring, its decent compared to the most of the crap at NYC

I always enjoy his shows, the lady like ready to wear no fuss approach is nice to see in a world of insanity on the runway. This collection does seem a little over the place compared to his more commercial collections from the past but I guess he's also trying to grow his aesthetic. That patched skirt is beautiful, I would love to see someone wearing it with a simple white shirt. If Michael Kors ever needs an heir, he could fill it in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BazzAstrall1
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->