Branquinho Homme F/W 2004

Scott

Stitch:the Hand
Reaction score
Being invited by Pitti Immagine was the perfect opportunity for Veronique Branquinho to do a first live presentation.
Veronique Branquinho looks upon men’s fashion as a selection of indispensable evergreens worn by realistic man, rather than focusing on idols, muses or remote stars. Due to her subtle approach to menswear, Veronique has always been reluctant to do a classical catwalk setting, the Teatro Goldoni enables her to stage an alternative event which presents the collection to it’s full potential. The performance is not shown by professional models, but “real life” men.
Together with choreographer Sam Louwyck, she created a scene, set in an alienating atmosphere, inspired by the “red room” from David Lynch’s Twin Peaks, with its typical zig-zag floor and red curtains.

For Autumn-Winter ’04-’05 she shows brown tuxedos, tuxedos refined by subtle detailing such as contrasting collars in burgundy or brown satin. Moreover she combines these details in perfect harmony with more casual garments: turtleneck jerseys worn under ceremonial shirts with pleated inserts, cumberbands, foulards, ceremonial trimmings on sweatersleeves.

Furthermore she hints at the world of hunters and lumberjacks, using recognisable materials and designs: sharp cut coats in traditional loden with a boxpleat at the rear, waxed cotton trenchcoats, parkas finished with a fake fur trim at the hood and duffelcoats with red sheppard lining.

Checks are predominantly present through the collection: the same red sheppard pattern reoccurs blown up and handknitted in shetland jumpers, in jackets with sheepskin lining and biaiscut details and in wide lumberjack shorts with similar biaiscut details and pleats at the rear.
The concept is emphasized by layering the different checks and knotting both shirts and pullovers around the waist, pants are tucked into the boots.

I'll try and post pictures for you all tomorrow.

Furthermore she hints at the world of hunters and lumberjacks, using recognisable materials and designs
:shock: :cry:

what a dissapointment, she's also showing :blink: sheepskin

thanks for the article scott* :flower:

Here's a couple photos. I honestly,was not bowled over with excitement over as I was last season's. I did like the idea of "Twin Peaks" as a scenario. Oh and if you can,there are some others on there that I couldn't get to scroll to look at,if you want to have a gander at the rest.

http://www.pittimmagine.com

Under Events in the fashion section there's a gallery and a video from the show.

:( very few pictures hmm, not even sure about those leather sofas, but i liked the red ambience and the magic floor :heart:

the clothes? not what i've expected, she should have kept her cool for the second season, i mean why presenting in Italy? Why did she leave Paris for? Seems like the wrong turning point for my sweet Veronique, this too will pass.

i want V.B's menswear innocence back :P

I loved ti!!!! :heart: :heart: :heart:

I lvoe tehd rama, the style, the david lynch twin paaks vibe, beatiful

Originally posted by Lena@Jan 15th, 2004 - 3:57 pm
:( very few pictures hmm, not even sure about those leather sofas, but i liked the red ambience and the magic floor :heart:

the clothes? not what i've expected, she should have kept her cool for the second season, i mean why presenting in Italy? Why did she leave Paris for? Seems like the wrong turning point for my sweet Veronique, this too will pass.

i want V.B's menswear innocence back :P
I think Pitti invited her to present from what I read last month. Perhaps,not a brilliant move but it was a different scene doing it in Florence as opposed to Milano or Paris. I think she wanted to do something a bit more personal in the way she shows and they offered the theatre as a venue.

The clothes though,I only really liked that tux with the burgundy satin lapels. Overall,it wasn't happening with me :cry: Which is not something that usually comes from mouth when speaking of Véronique. I wish she would have continued what she did last season.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bellbell
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"