Brazillian Model, Miss World Contestant dies. RIP

carmen_kass

Reaction score
Brazilian Model Dies In Hospital

A Brazilian model whose feet and hands were amputated because of an infection has died.

15208758.jpg

The model is fighting for her life in hospital Pic: Octavio Bastos

Officials said Mariana Bridi da Costa's condition deteriorated overnight.
The 20-year-old was twice a finalist in the Brazilian stage of the Miss World contest.
She suffered from an infection which forced the amputation of her hands and feet because the flow of oxygen to her limbs was reduced.
Ms Bridi da Costa's feet were amputated last week. Doctors were forced to surgically remove her hands earlier this week.
She is also reported to have had part of her stomach removed as doctors tried to contain internal bleeding.
Ms Bridi da Costa fell ill in December and was originally thought to be suffering from kidney stones.
But after her condition became worse, she was then diagnosed with a urinary tract infection.
Doctors said the infection was caused by the life-threatening bacteria Pseudomonas aeruginosa, which is known to be resistant to multiple kinds of antibiotics.

original link:http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/Wo...ds-And-Feet-Amputated/Article/200901415209550

This is so sad, so many models seem to die at 20, Heather, Ruslana, Randy and now Mariana. RIP.

Last edited by a moderator:
That just sounds terrible.......what a horrible story that someone so young has to suffer that.:(

That is really horrible:(Poor girl.
RIP

She was so beautiful, this is so sad. hate to say it, but I wouldnt want to live with no hands or feet , so at least she is out of pain. :cry:
R.I.P.

what a horrible, horrible infection :shock:
is this common?, how does one catch the bacteria?.:unsure:

RIP. poor girl. can't even imagine the mental and physical pain she must've gone through, at least she's in peace now. :heart:

I'm heartbroken. I mean, this is just so tragic. At least she's out of her suffering, now.

RIP. :(

what a horrible, horrible infection :shock:
is this common?, how does one catch the bacteria?.:unsure:

RIP. poor girl. can't even imagine the mental and physical pain she must've gone through, at least she's in peace now. :heart:

It's a bacteria that causes infections in hospitals but it can also be found in soil and water. The consequences are mostly fatal when it gets to critical organs. :(

Last edited by a moderator:
the details of her illness and her death, so heartbreaking :cry:

may she rest in peace and be free of pain in a higher place now..

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Figedifug
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->