Brigitte Macron

liaa

Reaction score
Brigitte Marie-Claude Macron (born 13 April 1953) is a former high-school teacher and the wife of Emmanuel Macron, the President of the French Republic.
More information here=
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brigitte_Macron

brigitte-macron-un-style-de-premiere-dame-_0.jpg

Emmanuel-et-Brigitte-Macron-a-l-Elysee-le-10-mars-2016_exact1024x768_p.jpg

brigitte-macron-1_5848289.jpg

brigitte-macron-un-style-de-future-premiere-dame--photo-7.jpg

brigitte-macron-style-veste-grise-premier-tour-election_5867927.jpg

0211f69a263fc2cb09b67f27e511e98e.jpg

nintchdbpict000319555296.jpg

brigitte-macron-style-12.jpg

madame.lefigaro.fr
lexpress.fr

Brigitte-Macron-a-Paris-le-15-setembre-2016_exact1024x768_p.jpg

brigitte-macron-style-veste-blanche-meeting-marseille_5867929.jpg

Bridget-Macron-and-Emmanuel-Macron-French-President-9.jpg

macron-pose.jpg

3083426-audrey-pulvar-et-brigitte-macron-trogne-950x0-1.jpg

Macron4_inside_full_content_pm_v8.jpg

closermag.fr
lexpress.fr
purepeople.com

Love her!
One word about her style: Louis Vuitton by Nicolas Ghesquiere...

I like her and they both seem like a lovely couple but her style is atrocious, I wouldn't even know where to start, I just know it's very 'the worst of 2004'.. I mean the baby blues, the whites, the cut of the jackets she opts for and the jeans she usually pairs them with.. shoes.. and of all of this could stand a chance actually if it wasn't for that hair, the cheap orange tan and the unforgivable makeup (soft pink lips and pastel eyeshadows).

That picture in the black dress, red heels and darker lips proves she can look good.. maybe with good advice. It's Paris.. there must be someone somewhere ready to help out..

Sorry, her style is awful! Anyone saw the droopy looking LV dress she wore to the NATO summit? I think she can start by ditching all those 60's minidresses and leather pants (who still wears leather pants in 2017???). It's clearly an attempt to appear more youthful, but there are other ways to go about it. And yes, agreed about that false tan.

I don't think I've seen a really best dressed French first lady in my lifetime. The French may be more conservative than I thought. Valerie Trierweiler came close because her choices reflected her personality more than anything else. But even Carla, who's personality I liked, ended up going the Duchess Kate route by looking matronly next to Michelle Obama. You'd think with it being France, they'd pull out all the stops. But no, we have to look to the Grimaldis for haute fashion.

^^
Too much style from first ladies is not really appreciated in France. We have all the high fashion brands but people are not very comfortable about this. Carla had a pretty boring-non existent style outside of official events...

Rachida Dati, one of our former minister in the Sarkozy government, is very stylish but she was highly criticized for her love of fashion.

But i think Brigitte Macron needs to move on from her "Vuitton only" wardrobe. Even if Delphine Arnault did advice her, she is more of an Isabel Marant type of woman. Or even Saint Laurent.

The Grimaldi doesn't have to worry about that. They are royalty and judging by the nature of their country/population, they can totally own the fact of being Couture clients/Faces of fashion brands.

Last edited by a moderator:
Even if Delphine Arnault did advice her, she is more of an Isabel Marant type of woman. Or even Saint Laurent.

Ah, there's the link!! :flower: I'm totally behind her trying some Marant.

I really like her, and I like how her style is not the traditional 50s/Jackie-y first lady. I think the Vuitton collaboration works perfectly, the grey blazer and blue jacket dress are her best looks to date. I hope she embraces fashion and I'm sure the designers will jump on the opportunity to dress her. With Michelle gone and Melania being persona non grata, she can be the fashion-meets-politics star.

One thing that I noticed tho is that she's wearing some quite short hemlines. I'm wondering if that's her preference or it's an attempt to look "younger" given the big deal people made about her age and their age difference.

les-premiers-pas-officiels-de-brigitte-macron-photo-7.jpg

lors-de-sa-visite-du-musee-magritte-a-bruxelles-brigitte-macron-est-arrivee-avec-un-nouveau-sac.jpg

a-son-bras-un-sac-a-bandouliere-chaine-signe-louis-vuitton-en-cuir-damier-noir-et-camel.jpg

brigitte-macron-en-louis-vuitton-pour-son-premier-voyage-officiel.jpg

pour-ses-premiers-pas-a-l-international-madame-macron-a-opte-pour-la-petite-robe-noire.jpg

madame.lefigaro.fr
photo.gala.fr

One thing that I noticed tho is that she's wearing some quite short hemlines. I'm wondering if that's her preference or it's an attempt to look "younger" given the big deal people made about her age and their age difference.

It's a real non-issue here. I believe that she just like short hemlines. If you look closer to it you will see that a lot of french women wears shorter hemlines.

I do like her style only because i find it very dynamic compared to our previous first ladies. She is an intellectual so in a way, she doesn't have to prove herself in the way she is dressed. Carla for example had to make a lot of effort because for the majority of the population, she was a top model and a singer.

Brigitte is very modern in a way. She is very non-fussy, effortless in her way of approaching fashion. I don't see her in a conservative Dior dress for example... More with a Chanel jacket, some black pants and a stylish blouse.
I mean, she wore Maje and Tara Jarmon in her daily life...

Love her style and love her. I hope to look half that good in forty years!

Love her style because it's moderne, very "air du temps" and because like lola701 " non fussy" . I don't have a problem at all with the fact that LV is clearly her sponsor haha. LV is the french brand by excellence imo. Plus regarding her profile, except Marant but not chic and high level enough, i don't see her in Maria Grazia Chiuri's collection or Karl's one.

My two problems with her is i find her quite very skinny and her haircut. To sum up, i am proud of my first lady :smile:

Yep, not even a month in and I can already see what we're in for. Cropped military style skirt suits in different hues, Twiggy dresses, and loads of skinny trousers. I will say this, she's got killer legs for a woman her age (especially in that LV dress).

I actually love her style and how she doesn't go the "politically correct" way. Look at Melania and her terrible 40s/50s/conservative styling.

Brigitte has amazing legs and she doesn't mind showing those off. She doesn't care. I love that she wears short dresses and is so smiley. Love it.

To be honest, i'm not a huge fan of her style...
I think she needs to work with better fashion brands than LV...also her hair sometimes looks damaged.
However i like the fact she doesn't have a conventional style compared to the other first ladies. She's more original and interesting.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm delighted to see that there's a thread for her now. I love her style and attitude: it's such a breath of fresh air.

Bethan Holt has written very well on recent French first lady looks:

There was Carla Bruni-Sarkozy whose years in the Élysée Palace were defined by her transformation from sultry chanteuse to impeccable political wife, wearing prim skirt suits, shift dresses and formal coats with dainty ballerina flats and kitten heels (nothing higher, for fear of overtowering her husband).

Then came Trierweiler whose style was more relaxed but possibly truer to the quintessential Parisenne look; slightly dishevelled-but-perfect-in-its-own-way blowdry, sleek tailoring and the odd pair of towering heels. She looked like she dressed for herself, and was bothered about looking good but not so much so that she'd waste too much time on the matter; let's call it polished nonchalance.

(Brigitte Troxneux) epitomises a new spin of French style which is at once soignée and glamorous. With her ultra slim frame and long legs (which French tabloids regularly salivate over), Trogneux looks more like a former model than a former teacher and dresses accordingly. Images of the couple together during their recent years in the limelight reveal her penchant for mini-length dresses, skinny jeans and luxe accessories.

Her interpretation of French style doesn't conform to the super relaxed, low maintenance vibes of many Parisian It girls but one imagines that former French Vogue editor Carine Roitfeld is her high-priestess of style inspiration: it's all about opting for the most figure-flattering looks and looking sensually and agelessly sexy without straying into Trump-level glossy territory. The French media has praised Trogneux for her "cool attitude" and "wonderwoman" look.
Source: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/fashion/...-style-brigitte-trogneux-woman-could-frances/

Here is Karl praising her look:
http://www.closermag.fr/video/karl-...elle-a-une-silhouette-ravissante-video-701701

I like the white top with the denim, like the fact that it looks so rigid. Interesting play with textures. And she looks great overall.

The president should really look to have his tailor loosen his trousers. Straight leg looks nice on him, but his crotch is in full display. You don't want your picture ending up next to Jon Hamm on some pervy Tumblr, surely....

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulpaul
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->