British Cosmopolitan

iluvjeisa

clever ain't wise
Reaction score
These mags don't always contain that much great, so a collective thread should be enough, or what do you say?

February 1980 : Bitten Knudsen

Love her, she has the Gia vibe....shame she looks a bit like..err Paris Hilton...from some angles.

Attachments

• british_cosmopolitan_cover_bittensm.jpg
    british_cosmopolitan_cover_bittensm.jpg
    298.6 KB · Views: 33
British Cosmopolitan Feb 1980 - not much great inside but a small feature of Sandy Linter.

1) Featurette of Sandy and Serge Lutens / Dior.

2) Sandy and Tara by Arthur Gordon.

Attachments

• british_cosmopolitan_sandy_linter2.jpg
    british_cosmopolitan_sandy_linter2.jpg
    375.7 KB · Views: 25
  • british_cosmopolitan_sandy_linter_juli_foster2.jpg
    british_cosmopolitan_sandy_linter_juli_foster2.jpg
    383.7 KB · Views: 28
^love the second one.I love such pics from the late 780's,80's,very femme fatale and strong makeup.

:wub:
I just adore Bitten Knudsen!

You know that Bitten passed away earlier this year? She was just 50. Like everyone else I was shocked to hear it. She died in her sleep.

^That is so incredibly sad to hear. Rest in peace beautiful Bitten. :heart::cry:

:cry:
Such Sad news!
She has always been one of my favorite models...

from mgross.com -
http://www.mgross.com/gripebox/once-bitten/
knudsenbitten125yj4.jpg

img.php

The Guardian was looking back at sundry magazine covers from 1984, back when Boy George was beautiful enough to be a Cosmo girl... (image source - guardian.co.uk)

Attachments

• COUK8412.jpg
    COUK8412.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 30
He's my favorite person. He will always be beautiful to me. He is one of the kindest, funniest and most generous people I have the pleasure of knowing. He is amazing. I am rooting for him to get over a lot of his demons and recover. He is strong, he will.

I would never of said that was Boy George :shock:

He was a good-looking girl in his time... it's no wonder people went mad about the Boy.

Oh wow:lol:I love it,thanks for posting.

I love the Boy George cover. Great stuff!

A few pages of cover shots from a 'Best of Cosmopolitan' publication, UK version (image source - ebay.co.uk:(

COSMOBOOKFARRAH70S80S6.jpg COSMOBOOKFARRAH70S80S5.jpg COSMOBOOKFARRAH70S80S4.jpg COSMOBOOKFARRAH70S80S3.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Gorgeous!Some are new to me,thanks.

The Daily Mail ran an article about Helen Gurley Brown, which included some tiny cover shots of Paula Yates and Jerry Hall (image source - dailymail.co.uk)

Paula Yates.jpg Jerry Hall.jpg

How gorgeous, and what great choices they made. I don't think I've ever seen Cindy Crawford quite that beautiful before. And Boy George.....of course. They should get special kudos for that. Also Elizabeth Taylor at that age, looking like a sex pot. Some good people were working at British Cosmo between 1975 and 1985.

Marie Helvin on the cover of UK Cosmo October 1976 (ebay.co.uk/oldreadables:(

Attachments

• Cosmo Marie.jpg
    Cosmo Marie.jpg
    156.7 KB · Views: 14

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulpaul
Back