Brock Collection F/W 2019.20 New York

Discussion in 'Designers and Collections' started by TheoG, Feb 8, 2019.

1. TheoG

TheoG Moderator

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    vogue.com

2. TheoG

TheoG Moderator

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    vogue.com

3. Lola701

Lola701 Well-Known Member

For some reasons, each time i see a Chanel suit on the runway, on the street or when i wear it, it doesn't feel "old". Yes, the fabrics are embellished, the length is right and i think the wearer is important...
    But seriously, a short sleeves suit with a skirt below the knees and mathing bow tie on the waist, + matching boots= Terrible!

This is conservative and old in the worst possible way. I don't even think an older woman would want to wear this....
    Terrible collection!

jeanclaude likes this.
  4. vogue28

vogue28 Mod Squad Team Leader

You cannot NOT think of Chanel with those tweed opening looks, I'm in agreement with you @Lola701! Also notice a hint of Maria Grazia Chiuri's Dior with those khaki, white and belted looks.

The best part, for me, is toward the end with the red and floral prints. It's just feels like an afterthought of a collection, all over the place and incoherent from start to finish. A weak and referential offering!

HeatherAnne and entten like this.
  5. helmutnotdead

helmutnotdead Well-Known Member

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

jeanclaude and Lola701 like this.
  6. Benn98

Benn98 Well-Known Member

I probably see that more than anything! The belted blazers, proportions of the skirts, it reminds me of MCG's pre-fall collection which Lola hated, and I secretly liked.
    Ultimately, not an atrocious collection. Definitely in need of some editing. The sequence of the looks is all wrong and contrasting. I think with a more streamlined direction, this could have been something solid. Elie Saab touches aside.

7. HeatherAnne

HeatherAnne Well-Known Member

I think the Chanel influenced tweeds were a misstep and a waste of 1/4 of the collection. The rest is still incredibly strong, the ending is their signature romance, the earthy greens reminiscent of their Californian roots, and the black and gold were glamorous. The white gown makes me want to get married, so good! They are the only highlight of NYFW any more for me.