Bronzer For Fair Skin

lovespell

Reaction score
I'm interested in using bronzer, to wake up my pale skin. But I have no idea on what shade to buy, or how to use it. Any tips for when choosing? Also, it seems pretty silly to bronze your face, when the rest of your body is still fair? Won't people see your neck/back/shoulders/arms, ect and know your using bronzer on your face? Or do you combine self tanner with the bronzer, as in self tan your body, and use the bronzer on your face.

Any advice appreicated, beacuse I am pretty lost when it comes to this. :smile: Much thanks.

I've been pale my entire life.. and i dont tan at all.. I turn pink int he sun and then freckle.

:-\ I used to try to maybe get a little more color in my skin, but bronzers never worked for me..

Pale forever!

You don't have to use a bronze tone in order to look awake, or tanned... Normally pale skins turn into a pinkish colour that ends up turning on a goldish tone... I personally, don't suggest the use of selftanners, just because of personal experiences, it sucks. But I can suggest some nice blush tones that might give your skin a nice lift, and wear all over your face, like tantone from MAC, also, Coppertone from MAC... coppertone is more pinkish-terracotta, while tantone is more brownish... If your skin is really pale, I suggest Orgasm, by NARS... and of course, you can always get Terracotta by Guerlain, they had a Limited Edition case, which was huge, so you could use it on your cheeks, forehead, sides of the nose, chin, neck, shoulders and cleveage, with a big brush... some counters still carries them, but I wish you luck if you agree on getting that one :wink:

HTH :flower:

like ALE said, i'd go for TERRACOTTA. its somehow the best bronzer i ever tried :flower:

I have heard that Prescriptives Pressed Powder Leaves is a great bronzer for fair skin. Whatever you get, don't buy Hoola from Benefit. It looks muddy on really fair skin. Use a big, fluffy brush and make sure to dust a little on the collar bone and neck.

I forgot to mention, that if you attempt to try the tanned look, I don't suggest you to apply it all over your face in an even coat, because if you do that, and you find yourself on a photoshoot or on a photo :lol: , your face will look like you are wearing Aunt Jemima's mask... there are a lot of ways to apply your bronzer in order to achieve the best look... I will try to find some pics later:

Frist always apply loose powder to your face prior blush/bronzer application...this will prevent your blush from appearing blothcy, cakey, or uneven...because of the oils on your skin surface...

For a sophisticated bronzed look: Get two brushes, a big powder brush, and a normal blush brush. Apply a very thin layer of blush/bronzer...but really thin. After that, you create definition on your cheekbones and the hollows of your cheeks. This will create an illusion of structure. Also, apply on your jawline, and define the underside of it, and blend outwards to your neck. Also, apply with a thin brush a bit of bronzer on your sides of the nose, it takes practice for perfection, but the ending results are amazing.. on your forehead, avoid the center of it, but the sides, near to your hairline, in other words, define always around your hairline...while this creates dimension, it also creates an illusion of a thinner face.

For a cheeky-fresh look: Only apply blush or bronzer on your cheeks, on a circular motion...this will create a nice innocent look...

Im tired so, I will come up with some other ideas later... :wink:

bronzer recomendations

It will be spring in a few months I am PALE. I am so pale that 9 times out of 10 the ivory or fair shade of makeup is a bit too dark for me. I have to be careful when I apply so that it doesn't look too dark, as it does if I even apply it a little too heavily. Like a smidgen too much. Like a microscopic amount too much and it looks too dark. Well, you get the point. Anyhoo, any drugstore bronzer recommendations for me that are NOT horribly orange or too dark? Remember, I just want a very subtle "glow", no orangey look are dirty dark brown look. Thanks a bunches.

I have the same problem as you. Even the lightest colour in the whole Chanel foundation range is too dark for me.

But the Chanel bronzer is really great! Even thou my skin is so pale, it looks natural on me. I use the colour Sierra or something like that.
I tried the MAC bronzer as well, but it was too red on my skin. Looked really weird!

:smile:

I recommend Nars' bronzers,
the colors are basically different shades of brown, not bronze, which has no orange or reddish hues to make it look "bronze" or "glowy"
so yeah, check them out, i guess there are two or three shades, not sure.
Benefit carries a nice bronzer too, the same idea as the nars' ones, the color is matte brown, havent used this one tho, but u gotta love the packaging!

modelbehavior228 please do a search before making a new thread :flower:

Alejandro said:
I forgot to mention, that if you attempt to try the tanned look, I don't suggest you to apply it all over your face in an even coat, because if you do that, and you find yourself on a photoshoot or on a photo :lol: , your face will look like you are wearing Aunt Jemima's mask... there are a lot of ways to apply your bronzer in order to achieve the best look... I will try to find some pics later:

Frist always apply loose powder to your face prior blush/bronzer application...this will prevent your blush from appearing blothcy, cakey, or uneven...because of the oils on your skin surface...

For a sophisticated bronzed look: Get two brushes, a big powder brush, and a normal blush brush. Apply a very thin layer of blush/bronzer...but really thin. After that, you create definition on your cheekbones and the hollows of your cheeks. This will create an illusion of structure. Also, apply on your jawline, and define the underside of it, and blend outwards to your neck. Also, apply with a thin brush a bit of bronzer on your sides of the nose, it takes practice for perfection, but the ending results are amazing.. on your forehead, avoid the center of it, but the sides, near to your hairline, in other words, define always around your hairline...while this creates dimension, it also creates an illusion of a thinner face.

For a cheeky-fresh look: Only apply blush or bronzer on your cheeks, on a circular motion...this will create a nice innocent look...

Im tired so, I will come up with some other ideas later... :wink:

so, does that pertain to the nars orgasm, too? i mean, putting in more places than just on the cheeks?

hey! I got an idea. How would using a pressed powder several shades too dark with a slight gold tone work as a bronzer? Just a thought......

Last edited by a moderator:
if you want a natural glow, i recommend using jergens natural glow. it's cheap and really works. it won't leave you orangy and fake looking. comes in different shades, but i prefer the one for fair skin. it's very subtle, so don't expect looking "tanned".

(pic credit: jergens)

MAC has a great bronzer- that is SO natural, especially for people with paler skin. I forget the name of it but if you visit any MAC store im sure they will help you.

I'm pale too. But the most I think I can do is use a light shimmery bronzer as a blush. But not too much, and not too brown.

But in all actuality, if I want to look lively I embrace pink, or peach to mix it up.

I was on sephora.com earlier and Nars has a new blusher called albatross, or whatever it is called. It is like a translucent golden blush. Do y'all think that would work?

orgasm is a bit irridescent, that will not work for all over the face.

damn that was ages ago. haha.

well, right now I wear Strada from MAC which is a blush that's barely there on a greyish undertone, which works great on pale skins because it gives you a natural look without looking blushy

I have one from the body shop. I cant remember what colour specifically... I reccomend their blusher brushes as well :heart:

Do not bronze your whole face, it looks try too hard, instead just use it as Alejandro described in #1 or #2 as blusher. As for product to use, go to L'Oreal true match face powder. They have some very light shades. Sometimes, use a little prodcuts, and blend lots would help too.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Figedifug
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->