Brown Eyes

I use a chocolate brown eyeliner. I don't often wear eyeshadow but when I do I usually go for a champagne-like color... I find these work for me :smile:

i have brown eyes and wear:

grays - from light to very dark
creams
browns
navy
bronzes
greens
plums...

I think brown eyes look good with a lot of different shades.... personally I think grays looks best with brown eyes, brown eyeliner looks too drab on my eyes.... :smile:

I happen to think that black looks good with brown eyes! It seems to bring them out! but that's my opinion. :wink:

I answered in the "Green Eyes" topic, and I will answer in this topic since my eyes are technically hazel...sometimes more green, sometimes more brown. :ninja:

I must say that I personally think it is more important to choose eyeshadow colors based on your skin tone (whether you are pale-skinned, medium-skinned, dark-skinned, rosy, olive, golden, and so on) and not just your eye color. I suggested purple to Karen because she said she was fair-skinned as well as green-eyed. It's hard to make a recommendation to you based on brown eyes alone because someone with brown eyes could have any hair color or any skin tone! B)

We, people with brown eyes are the luckiest because all colors suit us. But it also depends on the color of your skin. And to make your eyes pop, the best is to stay away from colors similar to your iris and take exactly theopposite.
In any case, I use lots of mauves, purples, lilacs, pinks, champagnes, etc.
Navy blue makes my eyes look lighter and they pop out a lot.
I also like bronzy colors, browns, dark green, etc. I love greys but I avoid thema bit because they make brown eyes look a bit tired in my opinion.

Sofia

Originally posted by Seamless@Oct 29th, 2003 - 7:20 am
I have olive skin and dark brown hair.
Me too! I tend to pick grays, or colours with a golden shimmer to them. Lilac is a good one for brown eyes too. I also find that with darker colouring you can play around with some of the crazier colours that paler people can't pull off. I have some bright aqua green, violet and fuschia eyeshadows for when I'm feeling funky. I have no idea if I use the right colours for my skin tone though. :magic:

I stay away from brown mascara . . . and I suggest the other brown eyed girls do the same IMO since it just looks like you have dusty eyelashes! Go very very black always.

I agree w/ navy making brown eyes look lighter, althought mine are pretty light to begin w/ but my sister has chocolate brown eyes and loves to go with navy. Lilac eyeshadow is great as well as plum liner, and I love pink lids on brown eyes.

Drugstore cowgirl advice: Visine keeps those gorgeous brown eyes of ours clear and white, and three-second-glance-across-the-room ready!

I have dark brown eyes and black hair... (with a light tan) and my fave eyeshadow shade is a sort of army green with a bit of shimmer in it.

Brown eyes rock because EVERY colour can match them.

Shimmering eyeshadow is really cool right now! :flower:

Sorry to hijack the thread, but I have blue eyes, rosey to pale skin, and dark (very) hair.
Any suggestions?

I've been using neutral colors, like bieges and browns, but want to do something else. What would make the blue color stand out?

Honey - think "Angelina Jolie" and go with pale nude pinks on lips and smoky eyes w/black and charcoal greys. You have a very rare combo (dark hair, light eyes) and you should work it!

PS - Please DO NOT do the Christina Aguilera thing and bronze your pale skin!

grey/smokey usually looks good with my brown eyes, also black or chocolate eyeliner..black mascara..pinks

I used to know a girl that had brown eyes. She would wear greens mostly but then she could also wear like the darker colors as well so i guess it is what ever you feel looks good on you and what ever you are comfortable wearing. I hope that is some help.

Originally posted by SoJess@Nov 16th, 2003 - 9:49 pm
Honey - think "Angelina Jolie" and go with pale nude pinks on lips and smoky eyes w/black and charcoal greys. You have a very rare combo (dark hair, light eyes) and you should work it!

PS - Please DO NOT do the Christina Aguilera thing and bronze your pale skin!
Thanks so much for the advice :flower:
I changed my usual routine, and swept on some light grey shadow, and lined my eyes with black, and smuged it, so that the line wasn't too harsh. I'm very pleased with the outcome.

And I doubt I could even bronze my skin. I only get a minimal tan during the summer. During the winter, I've made the mistake of using a tanning bed, and I just looked odd :blink:

I'm a pale girl with rosey cheeks, so I'm just going to deal with it :P

Visine is a NO, NO, NO!!!!! It does make your eyes look whiter and clearer when you apply it but it has something really bad for eyes in the end and they will be very red...

Try Innoxa instead. they are some blue eye drops made of flower extracts. Kevyn aucoin loved this type of drops and they have the same effect as Visine but they are not bad for the eyes.

Sofia

It seems that people that have blue and green eyes always can wear almost any colour (eye shadow) and it wud still look good.But i have brown eyes,not that dark,but not that light either,so i always ponder about what kinda eye shadows,eye liners i shud wear to open up my eyes?
Black eye liner tend to make them look so small! :huh:

Any suggestions ? :innocent:

Peach and salmon tend to be a good choices for brown eyes :wink:

i have brown eyes and i often wear brown eyeliner top and bottom, without shadow. i think it actually makes my eyes look bigger even though that might seem counterintuitive. i also think green and pearly, opalescent white can go well with brown eyes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPepic
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->