Brown Eyes

merge w. existing thread - please remember to do a search before making a new thread :flower:

Burgundy, lilacs, goldens and forest green look fabulous with brown eyes.
Brown is the easiest colour to match.

What colors should brown eyed people avoid?

mate brown colours sometimes look very dull with brown eyes, but there aren´t particular colours to avoid. :wink:

i have light brown eyes..i can wear black, brown, green..pretty much any color but like blue and metallic silver yuck! i like that w/brown eyes you can wear lots of eyeliner and it doesnt look too harsh as it would w/blue eyes. lately ive been wearing alot of gold shimmery stuff (benefit showoffs). it looks good w/a tan!

I am a pale blonde with brown eyes and I feel if I wear white eyeshadow( of highlighter to near the eye ) it makes me look like a doll or an alien.

Champagne and coffee colours are always great. As well as green and grey.
Pink too.

I have dark brown eyes (almost black), light olive skin, and black hair. All I use is a bit of black liner on my top lid and a very thin line on the outer corner of my bottom lid. Then, I highlight my brow bone with a light beige shadow (about a shade lighter than my natural skin) and add mascara to my lashes. A lot of people with very dark eyes seem to shy away from black eyeliner, but I think it can look nice and subtle, yet still sexy. I guess it's all in the application technique...

To answer Vans question.. I, personally, think that very dark brown eyes should avoid pastel colors. For medium and light brown it really depends on the skin color. Dark and olive skins look better with richer colors, imo, and lighter skin doesn't work as well with very dark shades.

This isn't a makeup related question but it is about brown eyes. I often wonder outside of those who have brown eyes, do others find them attractive. I remember when I was a kid, I thought brown eyes were so boring and I either wanted blue eyes ( I guess cause in society they make such a big deal about them. So do others get the appeal of brown eyes?

dlg

I have brown eyes and I like to use light brow eyeshodows. and I think it looks great. :flower:

I'm very very fair (I guess Im the palest in my school), golden/medium brown eyes and charcoal brown hair, Chinese.... Have trouble choosing any makeup colour, so if any one would please give some tips on eyes/cheeks/lips?!?!?!

This is an old thread ... but just what I needed :D I always used to wear only black eyeliner but recently I've gone crazy and sprung for cafe, creme, blue, white colors and I'm still searching for right lilac and plum colors especially after reading this thread..
jjbunny you can go through this thread about eye colors such as the ones I listed since I also have a similar complexion to you but I am Lebanese not Chinese. As for cheeks, I use a bronze blush usually or sometimes a pinkish tint looks cute depending on the outfit you're wearing! I like to wear almost clear lip gloss on my lips with maybe a hint of peach in it.. for some reason pink doesn't look very good on me :huh: But the right shade of red lipstick is amazing on brunettes!
As for people finding girls with brown eyes attractive, i guess it depends on the person.. I know lots of songs all about that girl with the brown eyes haha - I used to like guys with colored eyes for instance but now I prefer brown or darker eyes probably because it seems we would match more if that makes sense

purple and green are good if you want a pop of color
grey eyeliner for natural daytime looks and black liner for night
gold/bronze/champagne/pinks are good neutral colors for eyeshadow
I had a Lancome makeup consultation a few weeks ago and the makeup artist used bronze liner and shadow on me and it looked amazing!
she also said that brown is NOT a good color pick because matching your eye color makes your eyes look drab.
pink shadows are good but I think it depends on your skintone for which pinks to use..or else you might end up looking like you have an eye infection:P

Tushka_BeLLa said:
Does anybody recommend any good MAC shades for brown eyes?
I don't know what shades you usually use but the only mac shades I have are Trax (a plummy color w/ gold flecks) and Shale (smokey grey purple w/ shimmer) and for greens-->greensmoke (green w/ gold shimmer)...I tend to use cheaper shadows for neutral colors (Jane eyezings)

I just noticed my mac shadows all have gold shimmer...but I guess that's ok because gold is perfect w/ brown!

hope that helped you a bit!:flower:

lol i have mac Sprout.... it is one of those it need somethng else to look nice kinda shadow and i put it over black or dark brown eye liner, which is really nice:P
p.s thanks for your tips Juliet, i found out that peachy pink its good too lol:smile:

You're welcome jjbunny :D

gsquared thank u for all those tips the colors sound great!! What kind of eye shadow would u use with blue or green eyeliner? U know colored eyeliners in general..

I am obsessed with this new color combination at Bourjois do u guys think they would suit brown eyes? There's a page with a description of the colors used so I could get them if they'd look good on me..
pic_step1.jpg

hp_feature.jpg

credit: http://www.bourjoisusa.com/sbl_spring06.html

umm Juliet, i think it would be nice if that black is like a puple/green/bright blue/bronze tone. i start wonder if mac's humid, tempting or deep truth work better on brown eyes
p.s. im planning to buy the heartfelt pink tinited lip glass, i hope i can still buy it by summer >.< because that is the timei go to airport >.<

^ Thank you for the opinion jjbunny :flower: I think those colors would look nice too.. Good luck with the lip gloss!

I have brown eyes and I use plum, grey, green, dark blue eyeshadows and pencils in the same colour. I have been using black for a long time , but now it seems to me, that black pencil makes me look older. I rarely use brown eyeshadows.
Anyway most of the time I skip eyeshadow I only use pencil that blends very nicely in the skin and it looks very natural, black mascara and I like to use eyebrows pencil because it makes my eyes look very strong.

Why don't you girls post pictures of yourself with different make up for brown eyes so that we can all learn? :flower:

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->